Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's new kitchen being built while she's absent!

(1001 Posts)
Baggs Fri 06-Dec-19 17:00:32

Right, kitcheners, get busy. You know the routine. The tin of flapjacks to keep you going is in the corner with a kettle. The water's already on.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:59:31

And thank you for all your support since we opened this kitchen. You are a marvellous group of Granspals. flowers

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:58:16

I do have some bought cake and we have saved a bottle of quality bubbly for special occasions. Any moment now, I shall close this kitchen door and open our new premises. See you there.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:56:37

I've a notion that the poorly men's wing is in need of some serious Matroning. There is far too much jolly banter going on behind closed doors. wink

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:55:14

Charleyg Tara knows only too well that she has you wrapped around her velvety paws.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:54:05

anno I must admit that I'm a tad envious. I would so love to grow violets in our garden. We do have snowdrops though.

annodomini Sat 01-Feb-20 14:48:20

In the spring, soop, violets proliferate in my garden. They sow themselves everywhere. A friend once gave me a root of a violet that she had managed to 'acquire' from the garden of the Petit Trianon at Versailles and I think these are the descendants of that illegally acquired plant! shock

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Feb-20 14:47:01

Oh \\\\\\\\8chicken* that is really awful for your little fellow and also for you. I know what it is like waiting anxiously beside a phone for news from the vet. Your young man will not be very happy being parted from his mum.

Tara my cat I think has at last decided there is little milage waking me around 5-6 pm because I do not move unless it is a trip to the loo and back to a cosy bed again. I do appreciate sleeping marginally beyond 8 am- not exactly midday.

I have a worming tablet to give Tara- how I do not know. I bought soft food she is not allowed because she is on prescription food so I thought I may crush it up and mix it with the soft food- her food is hard.

The sun is out here which makes a pleasant surprise.

I cannot grow snowdrops so I have given up.

soop Mr.C will have to look after himself, I do not want to catch his bugs- I have enough of my own.
TOYA

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:25:29

I'm being watchful. Will dust the bedroom and clean the bathroom. Back shortly.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 14:23:02

anno Three favourite flowers of mine - snowdrop, lily of the valley and violet.

annodomini Sat 01-Feb-20 14:16:35

As my garden had been treated for an invasion of marestail, I feared for the survival of my snowdrops. But they are bomb-proof and have even spread since last year. One thing I crave, but always defeats me is lily of the valley.

Susan56 Sat 01-Feb-20 13:56:08

Beautiful picture Isabella.First sign of Spring.I have snowdrops in the garden that my dad planted many years ago,they have been dug up and replanted whenever we have moved house.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 13:22:20

Thank you, Izabella the image has gladdened my heart.

Izabella Sat 01-Feb-20 13:08:33

chicken I understand completely your angst. I had a ginger mog some years ago and he was very dear to me. I hope your boy pulls through. Let us know how he gets on.

An image to gladden everyones hearts - hopefully. Taken this morning. And one for you Lins if you are browsing

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 13:01:17

Am about to watch tennis highlights. Will keep checking that the kitchen remains open. Maybe a new one open a little later today.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 12:48:18

granniequeenie Now I understand where you get your inspiration from for the beautiful cards that you make. The one that you sent of the meadow flowers, is totally uplifting.

Synonymous The flowers are also uplifting. I shall send you another image.

Doodle When the time comes, you will be more than welcome in the new kitchen. I may buy a cake and a bottle of bubbly. We all know how a little goes a very long way. wink

Nannytopsy Lucky lady. I've only ever seen two hares. They really are special creatures...graceful and agile.

callgirl1 Pleased that the door was fixed. Everything seems to cost more than we anticipate. I'm so "old school" and think in terms of "old money".
You would like the wee shop opposite David's resting place. I wonder if you'll ever get the chance to visit Kintyre in the not so distant future.

ann It's lovely that you have a dear friend who enjoys the occasional treat. We booked a table many years ago for Valentine's evening meal. We were fifteen minutes late. When we arrived at the old inn on the harbourside, another couple had been given our table. shock We were not happy bunnies.

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 12:35:23

There is a bed made up for Mr Corner. Is anyone acting Matron, or what?

kitty There are plenty of hugs to go round. I've put your name on a few.

Susan The "not knowing" is terribly stressful. I am very relieved to hear that breast cancer has been ruled out. Us lot are here for each other. We celebrate and comisserate in equal measure. Thank goodness I have such good friends in our kitchen. You are precious to me.

Charleyg I have made up the comfortable chaise for you. You have a view of the sea. Throughout your resting period, we shall offer you refreshments, maybe home-made cake if we are all lucky.

Maw Super gran. grin

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 12:21:48

ann A trip to the dentist, something to look forward to, or not (if one is a wimp such as moi).

anno I've just learned that the virus started in an illegal Chinese fish farm. shock

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 12:18:39

Dear chicken WELCOME and gentle (hugs). You have come to right place. Many of us lot are animal lovers and, from time to time, many have been through the trauma that you are experiencing. Your boy is a member of your family. He matters. Please keep us posted. I am rooting for him.

chicken Sat 01-Feb-20 11:52:47

Thank you so much*annsixty*. I always enjoy reading about the kitchener cats.

annsixty Sat 01-Feb-20 11:45:03

Of course you do chicken my little cat is so important to me.
I hope all is well and he can be treated and brought back to full health.flowers

chicken Sat 01-Feb-20 11:40:26

Good wishes to all of you, far too many to remember at my advanced age, and sympathy to all with troubles. I'm one of those who reads every day but seldom posts; low self esteem means I don't think anyone would be interested in my posts. However, I could do with a virtual hug right now!

My lovely 8 yr. old ginger tomcat is at present in the hospital at the vet's having blood tests, an x-ray and probably an endoscopy under anaesthetic. For several days he has eaten and drunk nothing, been sneezing and half-coughing, eyes watering and the third eyelid half over each eye. We took him to the vet earlier in the week and he was given a couple of jabs to bring down his temperature, and was also wormed. He passed a large tapeworm but hasn't improved at all--he's lost 10% of his weight, so hospital seems to be the way forward.

He's such a gentle, loving boy and I dread losing him. It was so sad to see his worried little face as he was taken away by the vet. I'm waiting anxiously by the phone in case there's any news.

I know, a cat comes way down the list where health worries and family members are concerned---but he's MY cat and I love him!

annodomini Sat 01-Feb-20 11:31:49

I hope the tooth isn't painful or visible, ann. The last time it happened to me was when I was eating some flapjack which I'd made too chewy! Expensive flapjack that was! I regularly lose bits of teeth!
I understand that owing to huge demand, UK chemists are sold out of surgical masks. Oddly enough, I could set up a stall here because I bought some to wear in the garden when allergens were floating around. I never did get round to wearing one! I also understand that you are more likely to be infected with the corona virus by touching your mouth or nose with unwashed hands.

annsixty Sat 01-Feb-20 10:19:00

Thank you Callistemon I think the tooth will have to come out, it was a good chunk broken off.
I am the envy of many of my friends because I still have an NHS dentist so it should not be costly.
I hope things are going well with your H and you are seeing improvements all the time.

Callistemon Sat 01-Feb-20 09:56:14

It won't not I won't, sorry

Callistemon Sat 01-Feb-20 09:55:50

I won't have been the same strain, callgirl
The term Coronavirus covers infections from the common cold, through to SARS, MERS and now this novel one.
I hope your little great niece is better, now, kitty.

annsixty that made me smile (sorry). I hope it doesn't cost too much to get your tooth fixed.

On Thursday I saw some primroses flowering in a bank in the countryside - not cultivated ones, wild ones! And the catkins are out in our hedge.

Best wishes to all in the kitchen who are unwell or having difficulties.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion