Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(40 Posts)
DoraMarr Sun 08-Dec-19 07:59:07

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is slightly damp, but with a bright sky to the West. I had a nice evening with friends last night, and will meet for coffee this morning, and a tour of the craft market at the Arts Centre here. I’m hoping to buy gifts for my adult children there. I like to buy from local artists and craftspeople. Later I will go to my partner for an evening of binge-watching. I don’t watch tv at home, so it’s a nice evening.

ninathenana Sun 08-Dec-19 07:57:04

Good morning from Kent where the wind and rain arrived last night.
I've been up for hours, I did manage to doss in the chair for a while.
Sad news yesterday, a neighbour who was found on the floor at home Friday evening sadly died. She was only in her 60s.
I may wrap the presents today. Yes I've bought them all <smug emoji>
Thinking of those who have troubles or are poorly.

Beechnut Sun 08-Dec-19 07:55:09

Good Morning everyone from a damp and cloudy Severnside.

You are all doing lovely such lovely sounding meals today....I don’t know who’s door to turn up to ?

My decorations are up. I just have to put some bells on a fabric tree I made in my craft class last year and make an arrangement for the front doorstep.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday whatever you do ??

Brunette10 Sun 08-Dec-19 07:54:19

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's absolutely teaming down with rain and very windy too, needless to say our day out with family to the city is off today. Disappointed but can't be helped. . Not sure what the day will bring now. Everyone seems busy today despite weather. Sending best wishes to those feeling under par. Hope today is good to everyone.

Greyduster Sun 08-Dec-19 07:49:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the mo in South Yorkshire but it’s going to be windy, and possibly wet later. Family are gathering for a pre Christmas lunch today so an extra leaf in the table and much dashing about the kitchen for me, starting shortly. But first, coffee and a biscuit......
Have a good day folks.

NanKate Sun 08-Dec-19 07:46:34

Morning Mick and All.

Mild and cloudy in South Bucks.

Steak pie, gravy and a mix of veg for us today.

Lots of pre-Xmas jobs to do, need to get myself sorted. Maybe a To Do list would help. ✍️?

? The Gillbobs in my thoughts.

Hope you are recovered Mary.

oldgaijin Sun 08-Dec-19 07:44:07

Good morning from a pitch black Aberdeenshire...even the crows aren't up yet.

Another night of weird dreams thanks to dihydrocodeine. The pain of diverticulitis is under control, at last.

Had a great long walk with the mutt yesterday, round his favourite woods where he found the largest patch of mud to play in, so it was bath time when we came home. I also trimmed his eyebrows and he doesn't look quite so like Harold Macmillan!,

I found an ancient duck breast, ditto cherries, at the bottom of the freezer, so shall make a 'posh tea' tonight.

Have a great day and be good.

mancgirl Sun 08-Dec-19 07:30:20

Morning all from Spain. Only just about light, another nice day forecast. Lovely day yesterday, had a successful trip to the market, buying a "designer" bag for €15 and we got the right score at the Manchester derby! Not sure if you will agree with that Urmstongran! Meeting with friends today for our Christmas lunch as we won't be here for the actual day. Wishing you all a good day. flowers forGilly

Nanabanana1 Sun 08-Dec-19 07:29:04

Good morning from a very damp Torbay, had grandchildren with me this weekend and they will be going home today.
We decorated the Christmas tree yesterday so a little more decorating the house in general today, not too much though as I don’t want it to look like Father Christmas grotto ?

kittylester Sun 08-Dec-19 07:21:20

Morning all from North Leicestershire where, as dragonfly says we are forecast wind and rain although it is quite quiet out there at the moment.

My main job today is to wash our supply of wine glasses which are going out on loan. I'm baffled by how a closed box of 24 wine glasses can get so filthy in the back of the wardrobe!confused

Lamb tagine, rice and salad for dinner!

Hope things are still improving for gilly

Susan56 Sun 08-Dec-19 07:13:27

Good morning from Shropshire.Not looked out yet but sounds wet and windy!
We had a lovely day yesterday watching the children in their nativity then out for lunch.
Today I am doing a locum day in the pharmacy.I am leaving DH to wrap the presents.Have laid everything out with the correct gift tag on top of each present so ??everyone ends up with the right gift?
Sending good wishes to all under the weather and all those with worries.
Love,thoughts and prayers to you and your dear husband gilly.x

BlueSapphire Sun 08-Dec-19 07:05:38

Good morning Mick and all. Wet and windy here too in Northampton. Pork curry sounds good! I made a chicken curry in my slow cooker on Friday and got three meals out of it; two are now in the freezer. Roast chicken leg for me tonight.

Up early at 5am this morning as I could not sleep! And then will be out early for an 11am screening of Les Miserables at the cinema; love the music and am really looking forward to it. Then I shall have a look around town before heading home. Hoping to get some Christmas stamps.

Hoping the day goes well for all

dragonfly46 Sun 08-Dec-19 07:03:28

Good morning from Leicestershire, not looked out but the forecast is wind and rain.

Wrapping presents today, not much else on.

Hope Marydoll has recovered and love to Gilly.

Grammaretto Sun 08-Dec-19 06:57:24

Good morning Mick and all who follow, from the Scottish Borders. I can't hear the rain but it will be wet after yesterday.
I shall have a slow start but another afternoon on our craft stall.
I am part of a community group who are building an indoor market. It is beginning to look real.
Sending best wishes to all those suffering from illness and worries.

12Michael Sun 08-Dec-19 06:12:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy the only way to describe the weather this morning here in Brackley .
Yesterday I did my usual trip by bus to Bicester and Buckingham .
Today , I have prepared a pork curry in the slow cooker , and should get 2 days of meals from it.
Plus get back up to scratch after the break I had.
Mick