Gransnet forums

Chat

70th birthday present

(6 Posts)
WOODMOUSE49 Mon 09-Dec-19 14:35:47

In 3 weeks I'll be 70 and I've decided to learn a new skill: wood turning. So enrolled with local club who do training nights too (once a month). I have tried it briefly a couple of years ago.

New lathe arrives tomorrow and found some tools on eBay.

Have any of you had an usual birthday present? One you've asked for? or - One you've been surprised with.

BradfordLass72 Tue 10-Dec-19 06:03:56

I was sent on a fsishing trip with one of NZ (in)famous anglers.

nonnasusie Tue 10-Dec-19 07:08:19

I went riding with my DD and 2 granddaughters! Elder granddaughters' idea. I hadn't ridden for over 20 years! Fortunately DD had booked me in for a massage in the afternoon!

BlueBelle Tue 10-Dec-19 08:37:49

I went white water rafting when I was 70 hated every moment of it and was terrified but my son was proud of me for giving it a go

ninathenana Tue 10-Dec-19 08:52:49

Bluebelle until I enlarged your pic I thought it was flowers smile very brave indeed.
My daughter & SiL adopted a dolphin called Stardance in my name a few years ago. I was over the moon.

Humbertbear Tue 10-Dec-19 08:53:57

My children asked me what I was going to do when I retired and, much to their surprise, I said that I was going to take up painting. They bought me an easel and paints and I have never looked back. New hobby and new friends, I’ve even sold a few!