Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday ☕

(37 Posts)
Gymstagran Mon 16-Dec-19 06:31:37

Starting for Michael as he is having problems again

Doodle Mon 16-Dec-19 13:37:42

mick your problems sending your Good Morning message seems to have been resolved now. On the Are you having problems thread there is a message about it. Something new GNHQ we’re trying. Oops ?

Kalu Mon 16-Dec-19 12:13:46

Good morning from a yucky Glasgow.

Rubbish weather and a rubbish sleep last night. My sleep pattern has gone to the dogs but this time I blame (not so D)H! Snoring and twitching restlessly, woke me twice and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Tells me this morning he had a good sleep?

EV I envisaged those three little faces and you enveloping them with love. What a beautiful post?

Shopping trip planned with both GDs after school today. Only because I love being with them I will endure trekking from shop to shop with a smile. I really don’t enjoy shopping at all!

Hoping so much you notice huge changes regarding your DH’s care gilly . What a bloody nightmare?
Still here for you?

Alygran Mon 16-Dec-19 10:03:23

Good morning from the High Peak. Cold but dry here. Up before dawn to take DD2 to work. How she copes with the traffic every day is a mystery to me. 45 miles there and back and it took nearly 2 hours!
Going into Manchester on the train later this morning. Meeting DD1 for lunch. Then a browse around the markets before meeting both DDs to go to see the Bodyguard this evening.
Wishing all those poorly, worried, with dental appointments and struggles a good day.
Hope there is some joy in the day for all of us today.

moggie Mon 16-Dec-19 09:43:47

Good morning Mick & all from dry, chilly Nottingham. Shops this morning. Secret Santa present to buy for work & post Christmas cards. Out for meal this evening with friends, one over from Virginia for Christmas, we’ll have a good catch up.
Hello Willynilly
Enjoy your cruise Scentia
Hope things improve for your DH Gilly the lack of care on the ward is shocking. I hope he comes home soon.
Hope all not well feel better soon & thoughts with those struggling or have worries.
Have a good everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 16-Dec-19 09:36:20

Good morning Annie* and all.
Shame about the trouble starting the thread for Michael. Hope GNHQ gets it sorted quickly.
It's damp , but not cold here, though last night there was a tremendous rain storm, that went on for ages, and so noisy.
EllanVannin lovely tale about your young visitors.
I suppose I should get up now shock, but it is so cosy here with my tea and GN.
Gillybob, I do so hope that you can get some help sorted out for your DH whilst he is in hospital. How can the staff be so thoughtless and unkind? The elderly man who is keeping an eye out for him, sounds a treasure.
Have a good day one and all.

Pantglas2 Mon 16-Dec-19 09:20:35

Welcome Willynilly! Love the name - it quite often describes how I’m thinking!

conor Mon 16-Dec-19 09:18:45

Good morning from a damp Essex. Had a lovely day yesterday visiting family in London. I was wedged between DGSs in the back of the car but a good time was had by all. We had 3 houses to visit with food, drink and presents provided in each. Had trouble wedging in the seat on the way home!! Have DGS2 this morning and having a festive meet up with my Monday retired colleagues this afternoon. Dress code is Xmas jumpers! ?
Very upset to read Gillybobs post yesterday and hope she can get DH home very soon. Hope everyone has a good day xxx

GrannyGravy13 Mon 16-Dec-19 09:17:50

Good morning Mick and all x

Grey and chilly here in SE Essex.

Off to the gym for a personal training session then an hour of Callanetics. I feel exhausted thinking about it.

Enjoy your sunny Christmas scentia

kittylester enjoy your GCs play (my sister lives in Boxmoor we love walking down to see the ponies and cows).

Fingers crossed for the gillybobs

(I had the dental hygienist last Thursday)

Keep warm and safe ?

harrigran Mon 16-Dec-19 09:14:48

Good morning from a cool but not frosty NE.
Relative in hospital abroad, news could not be any worse. Their hospital care though is the polar opposite of gilly's DH.
Been eating out of the freezer for a week, probably need to do some shopping.
Love to gilly and hoping for better care for Mr gilly.

Willynilly Mon 16-Dec-19 09:10:09

Good morning all, is there room for a little one? I love your daily posts so thought I might chip in every now and again if that's ok.
Flippin' cold here in the East Mids and especially so when I'm standing outside in my pyjamas waiting for our banshee puppy to do her early morning wee.
Not much on today other than dog walking, a bit of shopping and the gym. It's the calm before the storm (GDs coming to stay later in the week).
To all, have a good day, and to those of you experiencing life's challenges, I hope things get brighter.

Anniebach Mon 16-Dec-19 09:03:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Mon 16-Dec-19 08:52:22

I loved your post this morning EV
❤️

Pantglas2 Mon 16-Dec-19 08:38:58

Morning all from a clear and cold north Wales- I seem to have upset my sleep hygiene with staying up all night for the election results and have struggled with posting on each morning since! That’ll learn me!

That trip to the Caribbean sounds marvellous Scentia! Lots of people I know seem to be trotting off to foreign climes for Xmas this year - how lovely!

Hope poor Gillybob has some joy at the hospital today - she certainly needs some! Regards to all with worries x

EllanVannin Mon 16-Dec-19 08:29:07

Good Morning All x
So dark that the moon was still shining through the back kitchen window at 08.00am ! Cold and dry up to now.

Well my plans for yesterday went awry when I had a knock on the door at lunchtime. 3 little faces. Two of my GGC and their little friend-----looking like orphans. Cold and hungry. In they came and I made them a cup of tea, shoved a tray of chips in the oven along with a pizza.

They'd walked a couple of miles to the seaside town here and decided to call in. It was good to see them with their rosy cheeks and runny nose's and I was so impressed at the manners of their little friend-------until he'd said " old people make the best cup of tea ", hahahaha. He was very well mannered but visibly poor, which upsets me sad

Anyway a couple of hours later I rang for a taxi to take them home as I couldn't see them walking the 2 miles back. I then had my own dinner about 5pm, so didn't get done what I'd originally intended---but I don't think it matters !

All those with illnesses and worries/problems just take things easy and I hope they sort themselves out.

Hoping too that the Gillybobs can also reach a decision this week with hospital staff to get DH settled at home. xx

oldgaijin Mon 16-Dec-19 08:22:07

Good morning from Aberdeenshire, where there was heavy frost last night but now there is rain on top to make the roads lethal.

Doc's appointment this morning to see why my diverticulitis is being so slow to improve...it is incredibly painful and anti spasmodics with pain killers don't do much.

The family in Singapore are now in Bali for their Xmas holidays and I doubt they'll be tucking in to turkey and plum duff in that climate!

Have a good day and stay safe.

Greyduster Mon 16-Dec-19 08:14:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. There was a light frost in South Yorkshire this morning but it is going to be dry so I may get some last minute bits of laundry out. We are away next week and I need to pack for that. School run this afternoon. Enjoy your Christmas show, Kitty - I do miss all that!
Love to Gilly and all who worry.

cornergran Mon 16-Dec-19 08:12:01

Morning All. It looks dry and fairly clear in our corner of Somerset. Need to do the things I didn’t get to yesterday. Serious lack of energy and enthusiasm here. Love to gilly and a hope that someone with authority listens to her today. Good wishes to poorly and worried people and a hope that Monday is kind to everyone.

Beechnut Mon 16-Dec-19 08:02:34

Good Morning everyone and all who follow from a lightish and damp Severnside.

I do hope that some better care comes for Mr gilly and that gilly can have him home as soon as possible.

I went to a local Christmas Fair yesterday and picked up a few gifts and a treat for myself. I like to go every year as the food and drink are made locally.

Today I have a few things to finish off so will get on with that. My lovely brother will come by this evening on his way home from work.

If you are feeling poorly look after yourself and all have a good day ?

Susan56 Mon 16-Dec-19 08:00:59

Good morning from Shropshire.
Hoping for a quiet day today.
Sending good wishes to all with health or family worries and hope that care improves for gilly’s husband.x

ninathenana Mon 16-Dec-19 08:00:03

Good morning from wet Kent.

Cards to post this morning and I must make a start on wrapping.
My friends daughter had her gall bladder removed last Monday and was rushed back into surgery yesterday. We're all a bit worried.

kitty enjoy the show. Sentia have a fabulous holiday.

dragonfly46 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:53:42

Good morning from a peaceful Leicestershire.

Finishing offs today - I always seem to leave jobs half done!

Thoughts are with Gilly as always. I am really hoping for a new team on her DH’s ward.

NannyJan53 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:52:06

Good morning from a cold and damp Black Country.

Just back from taking Partner to train station, then fill up with Petrol.

Making a Lasagne for DD today as she is spending another day at the Hospital with SIL. I shall go over and meet DGD4 from school and stay with them until she is home.

Enjoy your holiday in the sunshine Scentia

Enjoy your DGD's Christmas show kitty I went to mine last week. It is always lovely to see the little ones sing. Mine sings with such gusto smile

Thoughts with gilly I am shocked reading how her DH is being treated. I hope she can have him back home soon.

Urmstongran Mon 16-Dec-19 07:46:26

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s still dark. Sunrise isn’t until 8:20am. At least we all have the winter solstice to look forward to this weekend.
?

Another one for the dental hygienist here Marydoll!

Then stop off on way home to buy cards, write them, get them posted. Put up our twig Ikea tree and some lights on the verandah - a dry day is forecast so no excuse from himself (Grinch haha!). Left to his own devices he wouldn’t bother!

Morning commuters are arriving at the train station across the road, in thick jackets and coats.

We have no plans to see anyone today but I must make a couple of phone calls to friends or I won’t have any soon.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Brunette10 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:46:12

Good Morning from a very cold Fife. Still feeling under the weather and that's putting it politely smile.Managed to go for lunch yesterday with my Uncle but did nothing when I returned home apart from rest. Hope gilly get things sorted out at the hospital. Thinking of all who are under the weather and with worries - take care.

Lins1066 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:44:25

Good Morning all from South Wales. Crazy weather here too, thunder and lightening yesterday evening. More settled this morning.
Hope all have a good day and best wishes to those feeling poorly. Love to gilly.