Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(77 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Dec-19 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry with mist here in Brackley this morning.
Somewhat of a busy long day for me , small shop , hopefully nip into Banbury , back for lunch, have a kip, and then get ready to see Motown the Musical at Oxford for the 6th and final time , The UK tour finishes at Oxford in early January.
That is on an organised coach trip.
Mick

hulahoop Wed 18-Dec-19 18:28:10

Great news gilly hope your toothache eases take care of yourself it will feel good not having to track to hospital every day .

nanaK54 Wed 18-Dec-19 18:09:40

So very pleased for you gillybob onwards and upwards now sunshine

annsixty Wed 18-Dec-19 17:59:57

Brilliant news for Gilly and her dear Husband.
It is a day for some good news along with the inevitable sadness.
One friend of mine has finally been awarded a blue badge and another has heard that her husband has been awarded Attendance Allowance.
They are both fully justified and the second one will really welcome the extra money to get help for both of them.
Good news indeed.

Kalu Wed 18-Dec-19 17:55:43

So happy for you both gilly?.

Hope the days ahead see your DH going from strength to strength. Enjoy just being at home together?...shepherds pie indeed???

NanKate Wed 18-Dec-19 17:28:15

What fabulous news from our Gilly I’m sure her DH will make much quicker progress in the comfort of his own home. Onward and upward for the Gillybobs ?

J52 Wed 18-Dec-19 17:01:04

Wonderful news*Gilly*. I don’t always post, but do read and have been keeping my fingers crossed.
Hope you have a happy family Christmas. ?

aggie Wed 18-Dec-19 16:46:43

It is great news Gillybob smile just hope you get a bit of help , but better help than the ward ! take care of yourself as well

BlueSapphire Wed 18-Dec-19 16:42:54

What wonderful news Gilly! You are the best nurse he could ever have.

Grammaretto Wed 18-Dec-19 16:14:36

What wonderful news Gilly.
You have climbed a mountain and are over the top. It will be better and easier from now. He has climbed stairs!! He has eaten shepherds pie!!
I am in awe of you both, truly. sunshine tchsmile

Roses Wed 18-Dec-19 15:43:37

I'm so happy for you both Gilly please look after yourself as well as dh

Cherrytree59 Wed 18-Dec-19 15:13:06

Good news gilly
The shepherd's pie made me smiletchsmile

Who would have thought a few weeks ago gilly, that your DH would be at home and able to demolish your special recipe shepherd's pie!

I wish you both onwards and upwards thanks

Como2020 Wed 18-Dec-19 14:54:17

gilly, that’s really great news! I delayed posting this morning in the hope to hear good news from you. flowers

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-Dec-19 14:43:21

Wonderful news gillybob you have got your Christmas wish early.

Please take each day at a time, slowly slowly flowerstchsmile

Marydoll Wed 18-Dec-19 14:43:16

Glad to hear your news, Gilly

Curlywhirly Wed 18-Dec-19 14:41:14

Aw, what lovely news Gillybob! I have been watching this thread daily to see how you are getting on, your story really upset me. So glad he is now home, with your care he should come on in leaps and bounds. Take care.

Annapops Wed 18-Dec-19 14:24:12

Wonderful news Gilly. I too do not regularly post but have been following your sad situation with DH. I do hope things go even better for you both now, although the road ahead may be quite a long one. Stay strong, you have both been through a traumatic time and please accept any help offered that comes your way. Hugs. X

Gelisajams Wed 18-Dec-19 14:10:21

I read daily but haven’t posted on here, but like others have followed the Gillybobs avidly. Was so pleased to read about Mr G’s successful return home, I felt I had to post to say so! Wishing them both well for the future.

cavewoman Wed 18-Dec-19 13:51:04

Another one who doesn't post here (only feel at ease on food or gardening threads) however I've been really touched by the Gillybobs who have gone through hell and back.

I'd like to add my love and very best wishes to them both x

Nannylovesshopping Wed 18-Dec-19 13:37:22

That’s so the best news Gillybob you kept on keeping on, now your husband will slowly get better with your loving care, you are a star woman?

merlotgran Wed 18-Dec-19 13:34:11

Great news, gilly. Hard to believe your DH made it up the stairs after what he's been through. He must be so glad to be home.

Your TLC will do wonders. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Mapleleaf Wed 18-Dec-19 13:27:46

So glad to read your news, gilly. Take care, both. ?

Bellanonna Wed 18-Dec-19 13:04:20

Gillybob, such good news. He will definitely recover much sooner at home. Onwards and upwards. I don’t post on here but I have been looking for news about your husband, and this is the best. Earlier posts made worrying reading. ???

cornergran Wed 18-Dec-19 12:46:50

How wonderful gilly. Rest when you can and take all and any help offered by anyone really. A happy hug to you both.

JenniferEccles Wed 18-Dec-19 12:39:55

What wonderful news Gillybob.
Having your husband home for Christmas must have been beyond your wildest dreams even a couple of weeks ago so it’s great that he has made such progress.

The ‘care’ you described at the hospital though was truly shocking.

I’m not sure if you have the energy to look into issuing a formal complaint but I think you would be fully justified if you did.

It made very scary reading.

dragonfly46 Wed 18-Dec-19 11:59:18

Welcome Jessity and Mary not all of us post every day. It is a very casual thread and all are welcome.

Wonder news Gilly what a long way you have come. I remember the relief when my DH came home after having Legionnaires. Now when you get you tooth sorted out you can both move forward. We are all still here for you.