Gransnet forums

Chat

Smyths Toys - brilliant service

(8 Posts)
kittylester Fri 20-Dec-19 10:34:24

Since our children were small we always used a lovely toy shop in our local town but that recently closed so we have used Smyths Toys website.

We ordered some lego from them which, it appears, was stolen (along with parcels for half our village and lots of the surrounding ones) The advice was to contact the retailer if parcels are undelivered. I did this by email yesterday and this morning I got an email from them saying they had sent out replacements for 1 day delivery.

I think that is brilliant service.

In the meantime, we had panic ordered from JL. Hey ho.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Dec-19 10:38:09

kittylester I try to use local toy shop if at all possible but due to "items on GCs lists" have used Smyths this year for several gifts, had to ring them with a problem and it was sorted out within 15 minutes.

Very nice man and excellent customer service.

Kalu Fri 20-Dec-19 10:43:05

Pleased you got this sorted kitty ?

Well done Smyths, excellent service.
Sod’s law though you panic ordered elsewhere but understandable. ?

Hetty58 Fri 20-Dec-19 10:59:49

I've ordered from Wicked Uncle toys as they have suggestions on toys for different age groups. Very prompt delivery!

Sue Ryder online has been very handy for storage baskets and a lovely velvet 'occasional chair' and I prefer to give my money to a good cause!

kittylester Fri 20-Dec-19 11:05:50

I've used Wicked Uncle too. Lots to choose from.

kittylester Fri 20-Dec-19 11:07:04

We also order lots from the Happy Puzzle Company - they have done well out of us this year.

MiniMoon Fri 20-Dec-19 11:50:26

My grandson wanted a particular Lego set which DD asked us to get him for Christmas.
Everywhere we tried was sold out.
Yesterday, I tried again but it was still unavailable, even in the Lego stores in Birmingham and London.
I was despairing, I went through all the stores with big toy departments,
I was just about to give up when Harrods came up trumps! They had the set I wanted.
I've had an email from them this morning to tell me it's on its way.
Phew, what a relief.

TerriBull Fri 20-Dec-19 12:39:21

I've ordered from them, not this year, but the last couple of years. I agree their service was excellent.