Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m flummoxed how do u receive private messages

(11 Posts)
welbeck Sat 21-Dec-19 23:58:27

? now I'm confused about who's most confused...

Moocow Sat 21-Dec-19 23:46:49

Actually I can see how you could be confused by my P.s reply. Glad we've not confused each other any further lol

TrendyNannie6 Sat 21-Dec-19 22:57:38

Apologies Moocow, I misinterpreted your answer, I must admit I did wonder about your second post, as your first was fine, I was confused lol

Elegran Sat 21-Dec-19 22:57:16

I am confused. Does the message from Gransnet say that a computer has sent you a message? Or is it your computer which sent the message? If there is a user called "computor" they don't post on the forum, as far as I know.

Moocow Sat 21-Dec-19 22:41:52

I'm confused as I was only meaning in case the person messaging you is not genuine. I did not mean that you weren't genuine trendynannie6

TrendyNannie6 Sat 21-Dec-19 17:39:35

Thankyou very much Tanith nothing there when I looked

TrendyNannie6 Sat 21-Dec-19 17:37:42

Well thanks a lot Moocow I’m a hundred per cent genuine

Moocow Sat 21-Dec-19 11:58:36

P.s. I would be cautious and NOT reply to the person asking about their non-message just be be safe.

tanith Sat 21-Dec-19 11:58:33

Up above on the right is an orange box marked ‘inbox’ that’s where your private messages are. If there’s nothing there I wouldn’t worry about it.

Moocow Sat 21-Dec-19 11:56:45

If there is nothing there (ie no message showing) I would assume it was an accident and the person tapped accidentally and off it went. You could message GNHQ questioning it from the non message you received so they will know exactly what you are referring to.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 21-Dec-19 11:33:27

Hi All sorry to be a pain, I’ve just had a message from gransnet that someone called computor has sent me a private message, very nice I thought, but there’s nothing there, lol I haven’t been on the gin, please could some kind soul tell me what to do, though I’m sure I’ve pressed the correct button