Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Christmas Eve! ?✨??

(103 Posts)
Marydoll Tue 24-Dec-19 07:01:58

Good morning all, as no-one has opened up, I'm going to take the plunge!

conor Tue 24-Dec-19 11:50:28

Just popped back to see if any news from Gillybobs and Hurrah things may have finally turned the cornersunshine Looks like Mr Gillybobs may well be cooking dinner tomorrow if he keeps improving at this rate! Keep us posted with all your Xmas adventures xxxx

Witzend Tue 24-Dec-19 11:52:30

Wishing everybody a very jolly Christmas, or a nice peaceful one, if that's what you'd prefer. ?

Off soon to dd, and I expect children's crib service at their lovely little church a short walk away - with a lovely old pub just across the road! ?? - and some of that mulled, I hope!

Just praying that I haven't forgotten anything. Anyone looking at the laden car would think we were off for at least 6 months!

dragonfly46 Tue 24-Dec-19 11:59:13

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire. Very late this morning as I rushed DH to the doctor as he had a black toe. As he is diabetic I panicked. Doctor reassured us and thought it was just a bruise. We are so lucky with our GP, she actually sat on the floor to examine him!

Sorry your hospital visit has caused you to worry marydoll.

So pleased to hear from Gilly I admire your stamina and so happy you will be feeling better soon. Sounds like your DH is a real trooper also.

Mapleleaf Tue 24-Dec-19 12:37:25

Good afternoon all and merry Christmas ?.

Late posting as I've been busy with preparations this morning. mancgirl if it helps, I've prepped most of the veg for tomorrow and stored in plastic (I know, but I have them so reuse them all the time) containers. The only veg I've left for tomorrow are the parsnips as they tend to discolour.

Oh gilly poor you, you must be absolutely worn out. If you do go ahead with dinner for the family tomorrow, insist they pull their weight and help you with the preparations - that's the least they could do! Maybe they can bring along some of the necessaries to help you.

I haven't read everyone's posts yet, as I'm aware time is marching on and wanted to post whilst it's still Christmas Eve ? but I will read them. In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy Christmas. Take care, and anyone unwell, pamper yourself and keep warm.

CaroleAnne Tue 24-Dec-19 12:50:02

A very happy christmas to you all from the Stanton household.
To those who are not well we wish you a speedy recovery and for those who are on their own we will be thinking of you.tchsmile

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 24-Dec-19 12:53:18

Good afternoon from South Notts, where it was bright earlier but now is a bit gloomy.
A quiet day just catching up on bits and bobs.
Hope things continue to improve Gillybobs you are certainly not boring us - you've been through a horrible time lately. You have much sympathy from us all here.
Merry Christmas to one and all.

NfkDumpling Tue 24-Dec-19 12:54:15

Gracious Gilly it sounds as if fate has stepped in and your luck has at last changed. Hopefully it’ll continue into the new year and 2020 will be the Year of the Gillybobs. Lesser mortals than you and Mr G would have thrown in the towel and given in long ago.

Hope you have a relaxing Christmas and the family all bring contributions to the feast.

Brunette10 Tue 24-Dec-19 13:36:18

Oh Gilly! I can only say 'you've survived an awful few months' - well done. You've been to hell and back and no-one can say anything else and you have survived. I hope 2020 is a much better year for you than you've had lately. We are all with you - Happy Christmas for tomorrow - it's not to rain tchwink

Brunette10 Tue 24-Dec-19 13:40:13

Just about ready to make trip to DD and family. I hope I have everything with me, it's always a worry that I haven't. I would just like to wish all GN's a very very Merry Christmas for tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy! tchsmile

Lins1066 Tue 24-Dec-19 13:41:20

So pleased that the student dentist has sorted your tooth gilly. I join everyone else in saying how truly wonderful you have been and you are true star. I hope you both have a Happy Christmas - at home, you made it !! ??

vena11 Tue 24-Dec-19 13:48:34

So pleased you have got some relief Gillybob I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your DH and your family xxxxx

EllanVannin Tue 24-Dec-19 14:22:22

Good Afternoon All x-----and a Merry Christmas Eve.

Dry and fine this morning so I made an early dart to Morrison's for cream, whipping and single. Turkey's been doing slowly, stuffed at both ends, so should be ready soon and the smell is making me hungry now as I only had porridge first thing.

Step-daughter rang when I came back so she'll be here between 3.30 and 4, looking forward to her staying as we have much in common and she doesn't mind sharing the bed either.smile Limited room here you see.

So glad to learn that Gillybob will at last be pain-free and able to enjoy the festivities as the prospect didn't look good at first. Also to have Mr G with them all at home is a bonus xx. I wish you the very best.

To those who are struggling with illness and loss my thoughts go out to you x
I sincerely hope that everyone enjoys a trouble-free Christmas .

Looking forward to Carols from Kings later then it'll feel like Christmas is here.

Thankyou to Marydoll for doing the honours to start off with and hope Mick's weekend goes well, which I'm sure it will. Take care if travelling and all look after yourselves.

SirChenjin Tue 24-Dec-19 14:31:27

Greetings everyone from a damp but dry Edinburgh. Apart from a gammon that appears to have gone off - properly stored and loads of days remaining on the use by label - all is calm in the Chen household. The DSs have gone out to get another gammon, I’ll wrap the remaining presents and then will settle down with a glass of something lovely.

Happy Christmas to everyone who celebrating this year! ?

Bathsheba Tue 24-Dec-19 14:40:32

gilly I’m so relieved to see your post. I know there’s a way to go yet, but I do believe Santa has worked some of his magic on you.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. And do not do too much tomorrow - tell your sister and daughter they can do the lion’s share of the work. tchsmile

Callistemon Tue 24-Dec-19 15:07:48

I'm pleased to hear that your tooth has, fingers crossed, been sorted out gilly but what a palaver! and that Mr gillybob was able to be left while you went to the hospital - all your tlc is paying off what a relief.

I hope you have some help with the Christmas dinner and all of you have a joyous Christmas with your family and baby Evie.

Merry Christmas to all who usually post and I hope those who are poorly get well soon (including me as my annoying cough has returned!).

??☃️?
I hope Mick is OK. Is he away?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 24-Dec-19 15:19:33

Internet is back but for how long? Missed saying good morning but wishing you all a merry Christmas whether you enjoy it or enjoy it being over! Wishing better health to all those who have been/are poorly and medals to all of us for getting through another year. gillybob I have said it before but I will say it again - you are a ⭐️ and so is your husband. Enjoy being together tomorrow even if you have tinned soup. Best wishes to all ?

glammagran Tue 24-Dec-19 15:25:10

I’m so very sorry you’ve had such a horrendous time Gillybob - I do think you need to change your dentist.

A very Happy Christmas and New Year to you all especially Gillybob who so deserves a magical 2020.

Pudding123 Tue 24-Dec-19 15:28:40

Very glad to read your post Gillybob ,have been checking daily for your update and sympathize as toothache is the worst pain.Hope everything goes well now and am sorry you had to go through such a rigmarole to get it sorted.Merry Christmas to you.

Auntieflo Tue 24-Dec-19 15:43:11

Good afternoon to one and all.
Am very late today, and I haven't read through all the posts, but just had to see whether Gillybob had given us an update, and was so pleased to hear that she is finally getting some relief from her tooth ache.
Well Gilly, you certainly have worked wonders with MrGillybob, as he was feeling well enough to be left while you were at the hospital. Many pats on the back for you.
Now, don't go overdoing the family Christmas, but I hope they all appreciate the efforts you go to, and as glammagran says, have a Magical time.
Callistemon, I think Michael said , he was going to his sister for Christmas.

Wishing you all a Very Happy and Peaceful Christmas. tchsmile

sweetonion Tue 24-Dec-19 15:51:19

Merry Christmas to all, from the other side of the pond! Wishing you all a wonderful day!

janzicb1 Tue 24-Dec-19 15:59:00

How marvellous to know your darling is at home with you and that family will join you for mealtimes which makes it a very special Christmas time this year. So glad too to know that you had a gentle person wash your tooth out and treat you gently so not another trauma and this time I’m sure you’ll get better quicker!! You and your family are being sent best wishesfrom me and all the others who read you - for a lovely Christmas with your loved ones and a much much better 2020!!!

Callistemon Tue 24-Dec-19 15:59:38

Auntieflo thank you

HettyMaud Tue 24-Dec-19 21:56:01

Often read this but don’t participate. Where’s Mick?

aggie Tue 24-Dec-19 22:04:15

Mick is away to his sister for the holiday

Newquay Tue 24-Dec-19 22:22:31

All quiet here in Staffs-to DD1 tomorrow. She’s a fabulous cook and LOVES doing it too so will be thoroughly spoilt. Glad to hear good news from Gillybob and DH too.
All best wishes for a Happy Christmas to everyone