Gransnet forums

Chat

What the.......

(12 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 25-Dec-19 11:55:07

Anyone else find rubbish like this in their inbox
Not in my PC inbox, but Yes in my real-life mailbox!. Shortly after the tsunami in Japan I received a real-life letter from a solicitor in Madrid, telling me that a client family had all been wiped leaving no live relatives and a couple of million euros in accounts that were now frozen pending identity proof from someone to whom the bank would release the funds.
As it so happened, I had the same surname so if I allowed this solicitor to use it and other personal ID as well as my bank account number he could transfer 25% into it for my troubles!
Getting my name and home address is child's play to these people these days; the worry is that it looked fair dinkum, no typos, no bad grammar, authentic-looking company paper'.
Who knows? If I'd said OK I could have become a millionaire swanning around Spain. Awesome! grin

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 24-Dec-19 09:41:07

Hi everyone, we've deleted this poster - sorry about the PMs! Merry Christmas smile.

BlueBelle Tue 24-Dec-19 09:24:52

No not me this time unloved and excluded ????

Oldwoman70 Tue 24-Dec-19 09:14:08

Me neither - Bathsheba, perhaps Didier and his friends think we are wealthy enough!

MawB Tue 24-Dec-19 08:51:37

Hilarious! tchgrintchgrin

Bathsheba Tue 24-Dec-19 08:48:21

Why do I never get these spam pm's? Feeling unloved sadgrin

Yehbutnobut Tue 24-Dec-19 08:45:09

Found it. Never had to report a PM.

Yehbutnobut Tue 24-Dec-19 08:43:51

Thanks I’ll look for that again Elegran

Elegran Tue 24-Dec-19 08:37:28

I started a thread about that too, Yesbut. Several people seem to have received it. Didier has been a busy boy.
The report button is on every PM you get, not in the list but on the actual message - it is above the text of the message.

phoenix Tue 24-Dec-19 08:32:01

Yes, I got that one too!

Oldwoman70 Tue 24-Dec-19 08:28:15

With such impeccable spelling and grammar how can you doubt it?! tchwink

Yehbutnobut Tue 24-Dec-19 08:22:42

Anyone else find rubbish like this in their inbox?
AND ..I couldn’t find a simple report to GN button there. Have I missed it?

From:lofumorganTo:YehbutnobutSubject:Hi,Good morningDate:Mon 23-Dec-19 19:03:42
Hi,Good morning,

Please read this mail attentively. A France Based investor who was a business tycoon,a cocoa Merchant and a contractor who died in a plane crash has come to the limelight in our bank because since 2005 that he died his portfolio and investment of 9.8 Million Pounds has not been touch because no name next-of-kin was found in his bio-data form, If you are familiar with Investment Banking affairs,those who patronize our services usually prefer anonymity with some levels of detachment from conventional processes-now this investment has generated a huge accrued interest to the amount of 1.9 Million British Pounds because he was operating a domiciliary pounds account.

The bank management has therefore authorized me as the Funds Manager /Managing Director of our bank Investment Banking Division-to locate any living relative of this investor to apply for an inheritance claim so that the funds can be paid to the family of the late Depositor inline with the banking rules,ethics and policies; Pls contact me immediately so that I can furnish you with the detail. Mind you, I do not care whether you are truly related to this investor or not but for the fact that you know nothing about this money before now and I am the one that comes to you - we are sharing this money 50/50.I will see to it that this arrangement work-out perfectly cos it is risk free as I have taken care all necessary steps before contacting you.

Please if for any reason you are skeptical or see or consider this classified information contained in this mail to be scam, spam. junk or hoax simply delete it and forget I ever contacted you because this is a God given opportunity but if you understand my point in this mail and ready to work with me to actualize this project with me to claim this God blessing, You may send me whatsapp or sms msgs on +1 613 800 7720

Remain Bless,
Didier Morgan.