Gransnet forums

Chat

Am I being soppy!

(8 Posts)
sunseeker Tue 24-Dec-19 09:56:00

Local radio is currently holding a phone in for children to speak to the real Father Christmas. Listening to them all being so sweet is making me quite weepy

Merry Christmas tchsmile

Sara65 Tue 24-Dec-19 09:59:27

Oh my god, I’d be crying my eyes out if I was listening to that!

Everything to do with children makes me cry at Christmas, you should see me at the nativity play!

vinasol Tue 24-Dec-19 10:04:11

Not at all! I'd be exactly the same. I used to have a huge lump in my throat at the children's nativities!

Chewbacca Tue 24-Dec-19 10:45:31

I'm as tough as nails, except where little children are concerned, so I'd be exactly the same sunseeker! At my 3 year old GS's first nativity play last week, I properly cried when I saw his little face, all bewildered but excited! Still makes me well up now when I think of it! tchsmile

Sara65 Tue 24-Dec-19 10:48:26

Chewbacca

You’re making me feel emotional.

I missed two this year due to illness, but I saw the littlest one, and cried all the way through.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 24-Dec-19 10:53:15

Children + Christmas + Nativity Plays = tears for me ??

B9exchange Tue 24-Dec-19 11:00:32

I was just thinking how crazily emotional Christmas makes me. My GC are too old or young for nativity plays now or I would be in bits, but just the story of a kindness on the radio, a Christmas film, all the activities at the Cathedral, a favourite carol coming on, and I am welling up several times a day. I do genuinely feel peace and goodwill to all men (and women or however you identify yourself!)

I do get carried away, many years ago I was driving back through a snowstorm from midnight mass on my own and saw this smallish blonde figure struggling through the blizzard. I pulled over ahead of her to offer her a lift home, and when 'she' approached it was a rather unkempt man with a beard! I had done it now, so I drove him home, but I guess I was taking a bit of a risk!

sunseeker Tue 24-Dec-19 11:14:35

We didn't have children so I missed out on all the nativity plays but I am sure I would have been crying throughout.

I was in the supermarket yesterday (last visit!) when I saw a harassed father trying to control a very excited little boy.

I said it looked like he had his hands full he replied that he had told the boy that if he didn't behave Father Christmas would not come, apparently the boy replied that yes he would because Father Christmas forgives sins. The father said he thinks his son has got Father Christmas confused with Jesus! tchgrin