Gransnet forums

Chat

I’ve treated myself to a present!

(86 Posts)
Ohmother Thu 26-Dec-19 17:14:25

I’ve just ordered an water jet interdental cleaner! I’m so excited as I didn’t get one for Christmas. What’s the gift you would buy yourself? (Beside sentimental family time stuff)

BlueSapphire Sat 28-Dec-19 22:25:10

DH always bought me jewellery for Christmas, so I went to the same jewellers and bought myself a pair of pearl stud ear-rings, and pretended they were from him. I am too scared to wear the diamond studs he bought me a few years ago in case I lose one!

Daddima Sat 28-Dec-19 22:18:12

phoebes are you turning into Shirley Valentine?

Slightly off topic, my very generous granddogs gave me a £100 Amazon voucher, instead of the customary Euro when the Bodach was able to Christmas in the Canaries. I decided that rather than fritter it away on wee things, I’d buy a single item that I’d never usually buy. £70 for a Jo Malone scented candle? £50 for some ‘ miracle’ skincare product? I just couldn’t do it, so it looks like I’ll be frittering!

GagaJo Sat 28-Dec-19 22:04:26

I don't really regard them as presents, but have bought new work shoes, a dress, various other clothing items and a warm coat. ONLY because I'm going overseas to work and need warm clothes. And I need a new pair of shoes for work. Boring spending really. Nothing nice.

GinJeannie Sat 28-Dec-19 21:28:58

My new specs, prescribed after the annual optician’s visit yesterday, will be my ‘belated’ present to myself, but at £400 are definitely coming out of Our Joint Account! No ifs or buts! Needs must!

Juno56 Sat 28-Dec-19 21:08:38

I'm buying myself some perfume, 'Lou Lou'. It isn't very expensive, a small bottle of eau de parfam costs about £15 but despite my hints nobody bought it for me sad.

GElliott Sat 28-Dec-19 20:53:19

How is it? Does it work better than other stylers/ hairdryers ?

seacliff Sat 28-Dec-19 20:16:41

I've ordered a couple of Moorish design scarves from One Hundred Stars, a bargain in their sale.

Next thing on my list is rather more expensive, a new pocket sprung mattress for my bed. I hope I may get some discount.

HillyN Sat 28-Dec-19 18:59:06

We treated ourselves to a new set of crockery just before Christmas so we could have it to use when family came round.

Emerald888 Sat 28-Dec-19 17:39:06

I bought the first three mentioned items as presents! Dental jet device and bamboo pillow for my son. New iPad kindle fire for DH. Annoyingly it jumped up £30 after black friday/ cyber monday. Lesson learnt there.
May buy a family photo calendar. So nice turning the page!

granbabies123 Sat 28-Dec-19 17:14:11

A pom pom maker from amazon After buying granddaughter one and looking up all the lovely things you can make with them.

evansgg Sat 28-Dec-19 17:09:04

I was given some lovely presents, but my favourite from grandson and partner was a lap tray with a beautiful picture on it of my 2 great grandsons. Almost too lovely to use.
What was your favourite?

mosaicwarts Sat 28-Dec-19 16:34:46

I have just bought myself a lovely navy jumper with stars on in the sale at Joules.

I saw Mary Berry wearing one on one of her shows with a starry scarf. I managed to get a 'starry' scarf from White Stuff (or was it Fat Face?) earlier in the year. Fed up with my 'winter jumper collection', will be nice to wear something different.

Mollyplop Sat 28-Dec-19 16:29:15

I bought myself a beautiful handmade rag doll from Folksy. I'm 55 but I don't care she is lovely!

Nanny41 Sat 28-Dec-19 16:07:54

Ladies! we shouldnt feel guilty, we are all worth it.Enjoy your spending spree!

Nanny41 Sat 28-Dec-19 16:03:35

Five minutes ago I sent for a pair of lovely Skechers winter boots,we live in Scandinavia, and are sure to have snow and ice soon, I needed a pair for such weather, which will arrive,I need a sturdy soles as I my balance isnt as good as it used to be, but I am practising balance at the physio.Still need these boots!

paintingthetownred Sat 28-Dec-19 15:33:45

Bought myself a dishwasher for Christmas. Yes, in the face of a very messy teenager in the kitchen, I love it.

I've called it Gerald. Many a night Gerald and I spend chatting to each other. He never tells me off, always does what I ask him to do and doesn't cost much to run..

pttr

CBBL Sat 28-Dec-19 15:26:31

Emerald & diamond earrings (quite small stones)! I felt I could not ask for these, as they would definitely be thought way too expensive.

CanadianGran Sat 28-Dec-19 15:16:04

I bought some nice sunglasses on sale. Normally I make do with cheap ones, but these are nice!

chris8888 Sat 28-Dec-19 15:14:52

A coffee press in TKMax sale. Cost £5 very happy with that.

MawB Sat 28-Dec-19 15:06:26

A couple of treats from the Sahara sale - a sort of artist’s type smock top (very forgiving) and a boucle coat/cardigan thingy.

EthelJ Sat 28-Dec-19 14:56:50

We need a new vacumn cleaner so probably that although it's not very exciting

GrannyFirstLight Sat 28-Dec-19 14:52:38

A new pair of snowshoes with built-in crampons!

sarahellenwhitney Sat 28-Dec-19 14:01:05

Ordered on line 'must have' fleece lined wellies. Thought also about a vacuum cleaner in the Argos sale but seems extravagant when already having one but means I will not have to carry my existing one, although very light, up and down stairs.

missdeke Sat 28-Dec-19 13:58:44

Not bought it yet but I'm going to get some decent secateurs.

MJ1971 Sat 28-Dec-19 13:37:48

I've only gone and bought myself some over the knee boots. Absolutely love them