Gransnet forums

Chat

Twas the Sunday after Christmas

(15 Posts)
GlamM Sun 29-Dec-19 16:27:29

Afternoon ladies.

Sunday after Christmas schedule so far.

0930 I’m so bored I could actually get up get showered change into fresh Pj’s

FROM 10:00 PROCEED to fire up the lap top order a lifetime supply of haribo, pretend spend £300 on clothes that are a bargain in the sale ; but because I’m not the shape that can wear anything it stays in the virtual basket. Long sleeved mesh netting crop tops are not much called for in a civil service post anyway.

10:35 I start looking at what it costs for liposuction / facelift .. then personal Trainers .. then gyms , then calculating calorie deficit , then walking fast burns how much sites ; make a tentative plan to walk to Scotland and back the long way in order to shed the weight - surprised to see how long that would take !

11:15 start to look at holidays , click back a pageto bikinis , eat more biscuits , realise even though I’m bored of being 5’ft fuck all and the need to shop in petite maternity , I’m always going to be this height , eat another biscuit.

14:00 Have the shower , laugh at the predictability of my insanity; head downstairs.

15:00 AND FINALLY say f**k it , I am what I am , eat a biscuit , find a serial killer documentary to watch and pour a glass of Baileys whilst eating another biscuit.

Anyone else having the same kinda day or is it just my individual lunacy ?

Nannylovesshopping Sun 29-Dec-19 16:30:22

Omg are you my kind of lady, so wish we could be besties?

GlamM Sun 29-Dec-19 16:36:34

grin aren’t we all kinda besties on here !

boheminan Sun 29-Dec-19 16:48:57

Replace the Baileys with Port....and yes.

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 16:57:43

Hi Glam you sound a great deal younger than most on here?
Am with you on the biscuit thing.

Shelmiss Sun 29-Dec-19 17:44:20

It’s only 5.30 (ish) and already I’ve eaten my body weight in Sainsbury’s cheese balls today (amongst other things). Got 3 mince pies and cream with my name on them waiting patiently for me to find some room in my stomach.

Got a fitbit for Christmas so am calculating how much exercise it will take to burn off the calories I‘ve just put away and coming up with such a ridiculous figure that I’m exhausted already from thinking about exercise.

Like you I looked at the bikini sales but the image I have of me in my mind in a bikini doesn’t quite match up with the one that looks back at me in the mirror. Oh well.

Now where are those mince pies ?

SirChenjin Sun 29-Dec-19 17:53:53

My Sunday has consisted of waking up, eating toast and marmalade, going back to bed because I still feel rubbish with this virus, getting up again two hours later, eating more biscuits and cheese than is actually good for my arteries, going to the tip with DH (so satisfying), going to the supermarket (again! angry), getting ready for work tomorrow (also angry) and now trying to summon the enthusiasm for our neighbour’s get together where I shall no doubt eat more cheese and biscuits.

Tomorrow at work I will prepare the NYE quiz that my visitors tolerate because they like me and shop online at the JL sale while still feeling rubbish. I’m afraid I shall be the very worst employee and I actually don’t care.

Dottygran59 Sun 29-Dec-19 17:58:18

GLAM! Are we twins? So why do they advertise clothes for grannies in their sixties and the models are all 40 odd p, size 10 and five foot eight? I didn’t look like that at 40 odd and I certainly don’t now.

And yes, we’ve all gained weight over Xmas despite eating healthily and in moderation, mince pies, biscuits, chocolates and the odd bit of protein, sausage rolls. And of course we’ve gone through the menopause so have big bellies anyway, which are now huge, and it will take months of exercise and eating eff all to shift even a pound. And I’m bored and fed up and want it to be summer, so I can get my fit bit out and go for a walk so I can eat even more crap

grannyrebel7 Sun 29-Dec-19 18:04:30

Wait for the new year which doesn't officially start until 6th Jan! We're all still in the Christmas mode atm. Actually bought more mince pies today like I haven't had enough and have been eating them since 1st Dec! Still can't decide which ones are the best. DH thinks Greggs but I'm not so sure. Enjoy your slobbing around GlamM.

Namsnanny Sun 29-Dec-19 18:05:11

Great post GlamM …..(pssst do I recognise you? New name perhaps?grin)

Namsnanny Sun 29-Dec-19 18:08:08

grannyrebel ...I haven't tried Greggs but I will now! I've splashed out on Waitrose tiny ones. Taste good not too sweet.

Making my own now though, as I didn't get around to it before Christmas. As you said, got until 06/01/20 to think of other things! grin

sodapop Sun 29-Dec-19 18:11:34

Been round to a friend's and had G&Ts and home made cake, Mr Soda now asking what I want for tea, don't think I can manage anything else. Maybe a few chocolates later.
He is suggesting fruit now - far too healthy.

Enjoy your biscuits and Baileys GlamM

BlueSapphire Sun 29-Dec-19 18:22:32

Same sort of day.
Slobbed around all morning reading the papers and doing the puzzles. Had a sausage butty, and messed around on my Kindle tablet.
Finally had a shower at 1.30pm and put clean pyjamas on.
Spent the afternoon watching rugby on TV, eating crisps and drinking sherry.
Now drinking another sherry and eating cheeselets. Trying to stop the cat getting to them, as I found her yesterday headfirst into a bowl gobbling them up.
Waiting for dinner to cook. Then will have wine.
And shall then spend the evening in front of the tv, will eat chocolate, and a Bailey's sounds like good idea.....
But will have full days tomorrow and Tuesday as I have the DGDs both days.

bikergran Sun 29-Dec-19 18:32:19

Worked all day today, served all you lovely people with yet more food (well not you personally) Queuing up at doors before 9-30 you can come in but we don't open tills till 10-00.

Back home had spanish omelette and yet more ham {hmm}

Now stuffing face with Toffifee and Lindt red chocolate balls (tried to unwrap it seductively , like the girl on the advert)

But seeing as though no one else here it didn't really have any impact !

GlamM Sun 29-Dec-19 23:28:44

Lemongrove I’m 51 years and if I keep eating biscuits my waist will be the. Bloody same !