Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Dec-19 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me prior to doing a bit of housework and a general sort out.
Starting to prepare for next years trips and other things but aim to cut back on things.
Mick

glammagran Mon 30-Dec-19 14:48:45

Still recovering from our family meal and party on the 28th. An embarrassing number of bottles were taken to the recycling centre this morning. DGD aged 16 months took 9 noisy adults completely in her stride. Everyone stayed over.

Wishing everyone a good day. Sunny here today.

Daisyboots Mon 30-Dec-19 11:19:48

Good morning from a sunny Portugal. The first day for a long time that I have actually been awake and feeling well enough to post in the morning. I always follow the thread but seemed to be a bit stupid to post on a good morning thread later in the afternoon. I finished a weeks intensive course of radiotherapy two weeks ago to hopefully shrink the bone metastases on my spine. Yesterday I was finally feeling less nauseous so hopefully it will continue. Hope all those who are not feeling so great soon feel brighter. Plus hoping the Gillybobs get some positive help this week. Do you have more chemo this week Dragnfly46 ?

Cruising2418 Mon 30-Dec-19 11:11:50

It’s now the afternoon here in.Hurghada Egypt. Starting to get a little chilly here in the evenings.But still warm during the day.Hope you all have a lovely day

Urmstongran Mon 30-Dec-19 10:27:19

That sounds a grand way to spend the NY Grandad1943! You’ll be off soon - like all us women your wife won’t be needing much slap!! It’s only a tiny amount to enhance our natural beauty.
?

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Dec-19 10:04:36

Good morning from North Somerset where after a lovely Chrismas and my Birthday celebration with our family, my wife and I are off to spend New Year with a group of lifelong friends at a lovely hotel on the edge of Exmoor in North Devon.

We have made the same arrangements for seeing the New Year in for the last two years as the Hotel is eighteenth century with lovely roaring fires and wonderful food. No singing, dancing or shouting and balling to bring the year in, just great chat, wine, food and lovely walks during the day.

So as soon as the other half has got her slap on we will be on our way.

Really looking forward to it all.

conor Mon 30-Dec-19 09:59:40

Good morning from a misty Essex. Hope the sun will peep through soon. Enjoyed my relaxing day yesterday and did manage to see 'Little Women' at the local cinema. Such a lovely film and really enjoyed it. Was so relaxed I nearly nodded off but quickly came to before anyone noticed.?Another easy day today but have to go to the Post Office to collect something with insufficient postage; hope it is worth it!! Going to finish the last of left overs today but enjoyed all my after Xmas dinners probably more than the BIG Day!! Thoughts to anyone with troubles or worries and so good to read positive, normal news from Gillybobs xxx?

Willynilly Mon 30-Dec-19 09:42:01

Good morning one and all from a bright and mild East Midlands.
Off to visit DM today then on to see DD’s new kitchen. We’re taking the new puppy with us, so wish me luck!
Ellen hope all goes well, and to all those having a bad time I wish you a peaceful and relaxing day.

gillybob Mon 30-Dec-19 09:36:43

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another relatively mild day .

Not a great deal of sleep again in the GB house but DH snoring away now . Tried my dentist first thing but the recorded announcement says closed until 6th January (when I have an appointment anyway) . Said in an emergency to contact the dental hospital (been there done that). I only have 3 days of antibiotics left.

It’s my Best Boy’s birthday today (he’s 10) so calling over to see him for half an hour (no present sadly just money in his card) then I have to take myself off to “that place” to do my “favourite” job of loo cleaning . I have left standards slide while DH was in hospital and quite frankly the men’s are pretty disgusting . Dreading the thought of it but it has to be done.

Spent yesterday afternoon/evening playing Duplo with little Evie. She is such a joy. Eventually took her and DD home at about 9pm with little miss still wide awake (she had a late nap).

Hope all those feeling poorly or sad see some much needed sunshine soon and that everyone has as good a Monday as possible.

Love Gillybob xx

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 30-Dec-19 09:30:16

Good morning from east London, lovely bright morning. Just wondering how much longer I can stretch out the Xmas leftovers before I do some food shopping. Enjoyed our walk along Southend front yesterday even though it was very busy and rounded off with a roast dinner in one of the little cafes facing the sea. Excellent. Tennis today at lunchtime and have some small bits of sorting out for late BiL; I feel we’re a bit stymied there until we get the death certificate. (I did notice a thread elsewhere in the network on this theme). Hope you have a good day.

Greyduster Mon 30-Dec-19 09:14:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. DH is giving our grimy, salt covered new car it’s first bath this morning and I shall carry on with the post holiday laundry. Then if there is time, we may fit a walk in. I hope all those with post Christmas lurgy feel better very soon. I prescribe lots of fresh ginger, honey and lemon and a wee tot of Uisge Baugh! Have a good day folks.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Dec-19 09:14:15

Goodmorning Mick and all x

As I have been sitting here in bed the fog/mist has been rolling in from the Thames Estuary, pleased I am not leaving the house today.

I have not been posting for a few days, just decided to concentrate on family and friends and catch up with all the tv we had missed.

Sorry to hear that we still have poorly folks, hope you are feeling better soon.

Have a man coming to measure up for wardrobes in the guest bedroom this morning, then I have to get reacquainted with the laundry basket which is overflowing and make a turkey curry which I shall feeeze in small portions.

Take care and keep safe ??

MawB Mon 30-Dec-19 09:11:04

Overslept slightly!
Good morning all from sunny N Bucks.
I should get up and out but the peacefully sleeping pooch beside me (?) makes it even harder to motivate myself.
Thinking of all with health issues, appointments, treatment and wishing you all a happy resolution .

Lins1066 Mon 30-Dec-19 09:06:10

Good morning all. It is dry, dull and a bit chilly on the S Welsh coast. Yesterday was a lovely sparkling day with a beautiful sunset last night.
Hope all those who are unwell feel better soon.

harrigran Mon 30-Dec-19 09:01:43

Good morning from a mild NE.
Another day of doing very little except some shopping when we find out how many we will be feeding for the rest of the week.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

Anniebach Mon 30-Dec-19 09:01:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

DoraMarr Mon 30-Dec-19 09:00:53

Good morning from a rather dull Birmingham. I MUST wash the kitchen floor, and I have almost run out of milk and other essentials, so I have a rather tedious morning ahead. However, my three year old grandaughter is arriving later for a sleepover, so that will be fun.

QuaintIrene Mon 30-Dec-19 08:58:56

Good morning everyone.
I had a really good nights sleep. It makes such a difference. Wanted to watch the serial about Christine Keeler but took myself off to bed. Will see if I can catch up.
Bit of housework to do then a walk to the post office and supermarket.
Thinking about New Years resolutions this morning.
Sending my thoughts to all who are ill or troubled. It’s horrible especially for those those who are alone.
?

Marydoll Mon 30-Dec-19 08:48:51

EllanVannin, I hope you get on ok at the doctor's.
I was thinking of you this morning and how scary it must be when you have an attack.
I know how I feel when I get chest pains and it doesn't settle.
flowers

kittylester Mon 30-Dec-19 08:46:33

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire. Another day of furniture, carpet and curtain research today.

Hoping all poorly people feel better today.

Mommawolf Mon 30-Dec-19 08:42:47

Good morning all its a lovely morning here in Norfolk, the sun is shining. A beautiful dog walk. A garden day ahead I can see spring bulbs pushing through so must clear the leaves and tidy things up. Hope your DH had a better nightGILLY and wish all who are under the weather a speedy recovery.

Alygran Mon 30-Dec-19 08:42:33

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is just above the horizon in a clear sky. Looks like it might be a nice day.
Family went home yesterday and all back to work today.
A bit of pottering for me and possibly a walk later.
Good wishes to all especially those not well or struggling.

NanKate Mon 30-Dec-19 08:33:42

Thanks for the good wishes. I feel a fraud as I just have a hacking cough which will improve, but next to some of our other GM contributors it’s no big deal.

Yes I will give a review of Knives Out NannyJ My DS saw it recently and text to recommend it to me saying he thought it was ‘appropriate’ for me. ?

vena11 Mon 30-Dec-19 08:32:05

Good Morning from a dry and a bit misty Bristol but I looks as if it is going to be a nice day,
DD SIL and DGS1 coming today for a few days so will be another busy house.
marydaoll can I have some tablet, just love it.
cornergran hope your cold gets better soon DH is still coughing and that's been 2 weeks but it is starting to go now thank goodness,
Everyone else take care and enjoy.

EllanVannin Mon 30-Dec-19 08:29:36

Good Morning All x
Up with the lark and showered already----GP appointment at 08.50 you see sad This is a follow-up from my few hours stay in hospital before Christmas. It's nearly 3 years since I saw her!

Anyway, a lovely sunrise here on the coast and signs of a decent day. It's cool of course and looks damp underfoot but hasn't rained.

I intend finishing the Express Jumbo crossword and sending it off today----I've never won yet. A bit of tidying up and sorting out the 'fridge and whatever else crops up.

Take it easy to those who aren't so grand, thoughts to the Gillybobs , Dragonfly and Marydoll xx.

Up and down like a fiddlers elbow here letting each cat in, still, it's exercise I suppose smile In a hurry now.

Scentia Mon 30-Dec-19 08:27:46

Good morning to all. Got back from my Caribbean cruise yesterday and was surprised at how mild the weather is. We had a lovely time in the sunshine. This morning is my DH birthday and we are off to fetch the dog from the kennels and take my DGS for a walk around the trails near to his home. What an exciting day we have ahead.
I hope you all have a good day and hope that all that are not feeling too good feel better soon.x