Gransnet forums

Chat

No more repeats please!!

(5 Posts)
sunseeker Tue 31-Dec-19 09:34:56

Am I the only one who is fed up with radio/tv doing repeats (or as they like to call them - another chance to see/hear). Local radio is currently airing interviews and news items from throughout the year, with the occasional new item thrown - and have been for the last week.

I usually enjoy listening to local radio in the morning whilst eating breakfast - this morning I had to switch it off!

Does anyone else feel the same (or do I just need more coffee?)

Charleygirl5 Tue 31-Dec-19 11:30:15

No, I agree. I watched a quiz show recently, the prize money was 1K!. I could not believe ITV had the nerve to put on this show, last aired in 1984!

Most of the films shown have been aired several times.

ladymuck Tue 31-Dec-19 12:13:29

I'm surprised at the age of some of the films they show. How many people actually watch them, I wonder?
However, I am enjoying the repeats of 'Call the Midwife' and 'Rosemary and Thyme'. Never get tired of watching those.

When these programmes were first shown, I was still living with my husband, who dismissed such things as 'sentimental rubbish'. Now I live alone, I can indulge and watch whatever I like.

Sussexborn Tue 31-Dec-19 12:20:59

Christmas TV used to be excellent but now nothing but repeats and compilations! Too much competition from Netflix, Amazon etc or people like us who didn’t watch any tv on Christmas Day this year.

felice Tue 31-Dec-19 12:24:29

I get BBC 1 and 2 here and have been amazed how many of the 'new' programmes have been repeated over the last two weeks.
Some programmes have been on twice a day, then again late at night on the other channel.
Some of the old movies have been great though, DGS loves them, but I spent a while trying to explain prohibition yesterday whilst watching Some Like it Hot !!!!