Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Jan-20 06:12:31

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but misty and dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Back into my usual routine today , going to Bicester and Buckingham, small shops etc and coffees .
A few other things to sort out as well.
Mick

Grammaretto Thu 02-Jan-20 19:59:56

It's a bit late to be coming to see you all. I bring greetings from the Scottish Borders.
I hope Gillybob is enjoying her birthday but i do recommend postponing celebrations for when you can have a night out with Mr Gillybob.
I have joined a walking group and my first walk was 8 miles today. I am stiff in places I didn't think could be stiff.
DH has gone out for a carry oot as I can't move off the sofa.
It poured with rain for most of the walk . This keep fit business is overrated.

Thorntrees Thu 02-Jan-20 19:47:41

Happy Birthday from me, hope the year ahead is good to you both.x

Bathsheba Thu 02-Jan-20 19:32:28

Very late to this thread! But just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, gillybob. I know you won't have felt like celebrating, but I do hope that you and your DH are far enough round the corner that you've turned to be able to envisage a time when you can both raise a glass or two to each other. Here's hoping 2020 will be your year xx

Resurgam123 Thu 02-Jan-20 18:59:50

Hello Gillybob, happy birthday and I hope things are better for you.

nanaK54 Thu 02-Jan-20 18:54:02

Happy Birthday from me too flowers

hulahoop Thu 02-Jan-20 18:26:27

Happy birthday gilly ??

MissAdventure Thu 02-Jan-20 17:15:30

Ah!
Happy birthday, gilly.

Hope you're having a good day. brew

grannysyb Thu 02-Jan-20 17:10:56

Happy birthday Gillybob, and hope 2020 is a much better year for you??

aggie Thu 02-Jan-20 16:58:39

Happy Birthday Gillybob I hope someone got you a great big gooey cake !??

hollysteers Thu 02-Jan-20 16:55:53

Still in a nothing mode after nice Xmas and New Year with DD DS and GC, need a kick up the bum to get going again.
Reading in bed with the cat lying on my feet warming them?
New year resolutions on hold, learning new language, sculpture, going to bed early and exercising lol BUT have booked a day trip to North Wales
I don’t understand taking the decs down before twelfth night?

kittylester Thu 02-Jan-20 16:52:43

Many happy returns, * gilly*, sorry this is so late but I really hope you've had a good day.

Mapleleaf Thu 02-Jan-20 16:25:13

Hope you have had a very happy birthday, gilly. ???
Missed posting earlier as we've been out for the day.
Hope everyone is ok or on the mend. ??

Feelingmyage55 Thu 02-Jan-20 14:27:26

gillybob A very happy birthday. Your OH is home so you can have a birthday tea together. 58 was a good year for me so I send you positive vibes.

mrshat Thu 02-Jan-20 14:20:18

I’m just a ‘reader’ not a ‘poster’ but must wish gillybob a very happy birthday and every good wish for a happier and healthier year ahead! Lord knows, you deserve it. flowers

Yiayia4 Thu 02-Jan-20 12:54:00

Wishing you a very happy Birthday Gilly????????and hope this year will be a much better one X

Como2020 Thu 02-Jan-20 12:41:40

Good morning from the Somerset/Dorset borderlands.

Another dull, low and grey sky kind of day with a chilly wind. Not my favourite. However, a visit to the dental hygienist has given me a brighter smile.

Good wishes on your birthday, Gilly.

Greyduster Thu 02-Jan-20 12:32:42

Glad I haven’t missed the chance to wish you a very Happy Birthday Gilly!????. I hope you have a happy day! Wish I was 58 again!!?

Jessity Thu 02-Jan-20 12:27:50

Happy birthday Gillybob, I don't often post but always read this thread. Please treat yourself to something you would love but would feel you "couldn't possibly". This time you could possibly. You deserve so much that life should get better and better after the nightmare you've coped with. Do hope your DH continues to improve and that dratted tooth is sorted. And how dare the Lottery miss you out!

wineflowerscupcakesunshine

Annapops Thu 02-Jan-20 11:51:21

Happy birthday gilly. I do hope you find something to make you smile today as you deserve it.

Decorations down and now for the mighty clean up. This year's tree, although a beautiful shape, has been quite a "dropper".

Not much else planned as DH still recovering from a severe cough and cold. We need to restore our batteries anyway, schools back next week and we resume kiddie care duties Monday and Tuesday.

Have a good day all from a very grey, but much calmer than earlier, Durham.

gillybob Thu 02-Jan-20 11:46:46

Thank you for all your lovely Happy Birthday messages , you have cheered me up no end . xx

Doodle Thu 02-Jan-20 11:31:32

Happy birthday gillybob ?

conor Thu 02-Jan-20 11:25:06

Happy Birthday Gillybobs! If anyone deserves a lovely day it's you??xxx
PS. was just reading back over my last post and realised I said it was DD who was 90. Well that would make me very old indeed!! ?Of course it was my dear dad xxx

Kalu Thu 02-Jan-20 10:59:49

Good morning from chilly and very windy Glasgow

Both of us having another Groundhog Day. Coughing, sneezing sleeping on and off. This too shall,pass but as I am a terrible patient, it’s not happening quickly enough. Oh well?

Happy Birthday to you gilly?. If no one else can spoil you a bit today then make sure to spoil yourself somehow.. 58 my goodness, you’re just a girl! ?

What a rotten time you are having Marydoll I hope you have some relief during your walk and as the day goes on ?

Healthy vibes to those with illness and shared sympathy with those also bearing this cold/flu bug.

Curlywhirly Thu 02-Jan-20 10:55:39

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Madeira. Happy Birthday Gilly; it's mine tomorrow - is it usually an anti-climax for you Gilly? Mine always is! The last thing I feel like doing is celebrating, as I am usually stuffed to the gills after Christmas and New Year celebrations; and so many of my friends forget it's my Birthday as they are still recovering from New Year! Here's hoping you do get spoilt today. ????

NanKate Thu 02-Jan-20 10:53:34

Happy birthday wishes to our own dear Gillybob. You are a mere babe in comparison with some of us, but not all.

If your family don’t treat you on your birthday to mark your kindness to everyone, tell them I will come up the motorway and give them one of my scary looks. It works a treat with my DGSs. ☹️

???