Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Motrning Friday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-Jan-20 06:12:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, easy day today.
Shop for basics , then nip into Banbury on the bus , and pay my membership fee for trips I go on to shows and breaks it gives me a discount on those trips ,and pays for itself in the end.
Mick

EllanVannin Fri 03-Jan-20 11:58:58

A late Good Morning to All x

Yet another sunny day on the Costa Mersey and as I sat having my first cup of " navvies " tea, the sun showed a smudge on the patio window, and that was it---------windows cleaned, surrounding paintwork, folding clothes, tidying up, pans and dishes in their rightful places and so it carries on.

After a wash then got myself dressed it was crumpet time so that finished and cleared away I've just sat down, after a fit of coughing this 'orrible infection out I grabbed myself the 4th toilet roll to blow my nose on. It's been chronic ! My ribs hurt. Mmmm, whether to bother with the flu-jab again !?

Gillybob, your " non-Birthday " reminds me of my " non-Christmas " as I realised that my oldest GD didn't give me a card this year either from herself or my GGC. Hurtful.

Hoping that those with, or have had the lurgy are on the road to recovery. Everyone else enjoy your day whether resting or shopping.

Kalu Fri 03-Jan-20 11:49:36

??. My only excuse is I have been knocking back honey and lemon cocktails big time. Lethal combo?

Gave us a laugh anyway gilly

gillybob Fri 03-Jan-20 11:43:56

I don’t think DD could quite stretch to a car Kalu but it did make me laugh.

Hope you haven’t spoilt a HUGE surprise mind you ! grin

grannysyb Fri 03-Jan-20 11:35:13

Well it made me laugh Gillybob! Grey, but mild here,I am taking the decs and tree down, DH will pull a face when he comes back from bridge at lunch time, he loves Christmas!

Kalu Fri 03-Jan-20 11:33:57

Dear gilly you have nothing to feel seagulls about?. I could use that?

Pleased you got a car from DD and little Evie. I always had to remind DH of his Mother’s birthday, otherwise, he forgot?

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 11:33:25

You are the least seagull-like person I know of gillybob!
❤️

gillybob Fri 03-Jan-20 11:22:22

How on earth do you “feel seagulls”? grin

To feel Seagulls (adj) To feel greedy (especially for Greggs sausage rolls) noisy, squarky, poopy and being a general
nuisance to society in seaside towns.

Feel awful . Stupid text !

gillybob Fri 03-Jan-20 11:19:00

Oh sorry I need to put the record straight here . I did get a lovely card from my DD and little Evie . It was my DS, DDiL and their 3 who forgot . Feel seagulls for mentioning it now .

moggie Fri 03-Jan-20 11:14:42

Good morning from Dry Nottingham, nice to see the sun breaking through the clouds.
Asda delivery done.
Cooking today & catch up on ironing.
Happy Birthday curlywhirly
& Nannyjan’s mum.
Hope all not feeling well, turn the corner soon, have a good day everyone.

KatyK Fri 03-Jan-20 11:08:36

I too felt sad for you gilly after all you've been through.

Mommie6 Fri 03-Jan-20 11:03:23

My daughter in laws. Are so. Demanding. One. Will stir trouble with lies. The other. Blows up. And belittles. Me. I’m trying. To get along. But. They are making it very difficult

lucywinter Fri 03-Jan-20 10:49:30

Happy birthday for yesterday Gillybob. So sad the family didn't mark your birthday, especially after all you do for them.

winecupcakeflowers

gillybob Fri 03-Jan-20 10:47:50

In “the” Madeira ? What on Earth ?

Anyone would think you were wallowing in a huge cake CurlyWhirly ! grin

Kalu Fri 03-Jan-20 10:42:02

Good morning everyone. After a horribly wet day yesterday, it looks quite pleasant here in Glasgow. I need some fresh air so will wrap up and wander about in the garden with yet another honey and lemon cocktail?

Plan for today is pick up my crochet which is a ‘soosy’ blanket, so called in our family. Just finished one for DD2 4x6 and GD2 has requested one just like her aunts, but thank goodness, smaller...

Oh gilly that’s not on, not even a card for your birthday!! You don’t need to hear what I think but just a reminder, you have MANY friends here who care about you. Hope you and your DH can have a pleasant day to share with each other.

Very impressed with your technical skills Marydoll. The only abode I know of is my home?. Hope you feel a bit better today.

Shared sympathy with my fellow lurgians (is this a new word??) best wishes to those dealing with real illness and a pleasant day for all.

Mommawolf Fri 03-Jan-20 10:38:29

Happy Birthday CURLYWHIRLY.

oldgaijin Fri 03-Jan-20 10:37:35

Happy New Year from Aberdeenshire.
Still recovering from yet another emergency trip to A&E for what is basically constipation, caused by the massive amounts of dihydrocodeine taken for another condition...BEWARE, it is wicked stuff, in spite of being brilliant pain relief. Enough of my insides...it is a gloriously sunny day and dry, so the mutt and I are off to the woods for a belated Hogmanay ramble. He has missed romping with his pals. New Year passed me by, as did Xmas, so I am going to catch up with friends today, after a trip to the dump.

Oh joy, so cathartic!

Have a great day.

Pantglas2 Fri 03-Jan-20 10:13:09

Morning all from sunny north Wales where I’m running late as we slept in after a fidgety night when we took forever to drop off but Nothing much planned this morning.

Hope gillybob had a lovely birthday and you’re well enough to get up and about Susan56- Urmstongran you need to get yourself sorted sharpish, Spain is calling yooooooou! I can’t be expected to do it all on my own missus!

Beechnut Fri 03-Jan-20 10:11:39

Happy Birthday Curlywhirly ??

Susan56 Fri 03-Jan-20 10:06:31

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Hoping to get downstairs for a few hours later??
Sending good wishes to all and to gilly?x

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 10:00:56

Good morning everyone from a sunny and very mild South Manchester. No plans today. Bit of reading and some catch up tv later perhaps. Still not sorted Alexa!

My father asked if I fancied lunch out as I missed Christmas but I declined. Maybe next week if I’ve got more energy.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none.

Alygran Fri 03-Jan-20 09:58:49

An even later good morning from me in North Yorkshire. Couldn’t get to sleep last night, still awake at 3 then very restless until dawn! Good job I have nothing that must be done today.
Will pop into town then settle down with my knitting and a book.
Happy birthday to Curlywhirly. Sorry your day wasn’t more fun Gilly. Why not plan something when DH is better and your tooth is sorted?
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 03-Jan-20 09:53:46

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all others.
It's been raining here, but as I don't have to go out, that's OK.
Yesterday afternoon, when I went to switch on my little fibre optic tree, there was a pop, and something has gone? We can't open the transformer plug, to see if a fuse has gone, as there are two odd screws, that are not screws, IYSWIM.
So I draped a little string of battery lights on it for today, as DGS and family are arriving later.
We were wondering where to store the decorations now, as getting into the loft is a bit of a pain, so that's one less thing to think about. smile
Got told off by the physio yesterday, as I haven't been good about doing my exercises. Must try harder!
Have a good day one and all.

Willynilly Fri 03-Jan-20 09:50:41

My apologies. Happy birthday Curlywhirly and happy belated birthday Gilly. flowers

Auntieflo Fri 03-Jan-20 09:47:20

To Gillybob
I wish I could send you a real one,

gillybob Fri 03-Jan-20 09:35:18

A late Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dull but dry start to Friday.

A huge thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes yesterday. If I am honest I was a bit sad and disappointed to not even get a birthday card from my DS, DDiL and the children (although probably not surprised) . My DS rang just as I was getting DH into bed and didn’t even mention it so they obviously forgot . Never mind.

My birthdays have always been a bit of a wash out. “Too close to Christmas” , “Got no money left” “will get you something later” or the best one “we spent a bit more on you for Christmas”. grin

Anyway we haven’t had a brilliant night here so glad to get up and start pottering . My tooth is still driving me nuts but I’m seeing someone on Monday and still taking the antibiotics .

I hope those feeling poorly, sad or under the weather feel better very soon and those enjoying good times continue to do so.

Oh and Happy Birthday to you CurlyWhirly I hope you have a lovely day in the Madeira sunshine

Love to all

Gillybob x