Gransnet forums

Chat

What's on your coffee table?

(80 Posts)
annodomini Fri 03-Jan-20 10:15:11

I have a small coffee table because I have a small house. Underneath, there's a pile of books I use with the youngsters I tutor, and a useful drawer contains more of the same plus pens and highlighters. However, I usually manage to keep the top clear except for the essential coasters.

lemongrove Fri 03-Jan-20 10:12:59

A quick glance at ours reveals....about a dozen stacked paperbacks, two crossword puzzle books with pens, my diary, a tin of Christmas biscuits, two magazines, the village newsletter, a box of tissues, my glasses case, several fancy bookmarks and two coffee mugs.
Is that styled??

Beechnut Fri 03-Jan-20 10:06:10

Mine is like yours kitty. Sometimes it’s tidy and but mostly not.

Pantglas2 Fri 03-Jan-20 10:05:24

Definitely like yours kittylester! With added remote controls and a bus timetable!

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 10:00:51

In my naivety, I thought a coffee table was a place for putting down a cup/mug/glass - preferably on a coaster.

It might also have the newspaper/magazines/Radio Times and box of chocolates or even a 'coffee table' book. Ours is glass topped and has a shelf underneath with loads of clutter numerous childrens games, the village magazine and a box of tissues.

I saw an article yesterday showing how to 'style' a coffee table - is yours styled? Or like ours? blush