Gransnet forums

Chat

Cars? They'd drive you mad!

(5 Posts)
silverlining48 Sun 05-Jan-20 17:30:03

Nit sure if this is the same car but a friend recently had the same problem (ford focus.). Not sure what happened but if you have already paid for this there shoukdnt be further charge.

Nortsat46 Sun 05-Jan-20 17:26:38

Also worth thinking about your payment method, did you use a credit card? If so can your card company help?

I got into an issue with an unscrupulous cab company last NYE, and AmEx recovered the money for me.

Good luck ?

grannymy Sun 05-Jan-20 16:50:13

Thanks annodomini. I just don't get the paying for a repair when the repair hasn't actually been carried out. I'm hopeless at confrontation which doesn't help.

annodomini Sun 05-Jan-20 15:46:43

I would phone Trading Standards at your local council. It certainly can't be right to charge you twice for repeating the job they were supposed to do the first time.

grannymy Sun 05-Jan-20 15:36:48

I have had my small car for six years and had very little problems with it. A good few weeks ago I noticed that the back seat was wet. I checked everywhere and couldn't see where water was coming in. I googled and found that this particular car was prone to this problem and that, if it was within the five year warranty, then it would be fixed. It was too late for me and I checked into the local well known garage/showroom. I was told it would be put through water checks and perhaps new seals were needed. A couple of days later, with a bill of £462, I picked my car up again. A couple of days later it had rained again and guess what? The seat was soaking again!!! It has been booked into the garage again for tomorrow and I dropped it off today as I will be working in the morning. I did say to the man on the phone when I booked it in that I'd paid all that money. He said perhaps it needs another seal. I said surely I wouldn't have to pay more, and he said wait and we'll see what we can come to terms with. I have actually paid over £400 for nothing. This can't be right, surely?