Gransnet forums

Chat

I feel sorry for Prince Harry

(1001 Posts)
Artdecogran Sun 12-Jan-20 12:00:22

After looking at all the news reports etc I have come to the conclusion that Harry is really stuck in the middle of his wife and the RF. Meghan married Harry very quickly, which can cause difficulties in ‘normal’ families, but with the emotionally constipated RF it was a disaster waiting to happen. If someone like Diana, who had experience of royalty couldn’t cope with the way of life or the hold the courtiers have over proceedings, how could a feisty American. Catherine has only managed it because she and William took a very long time to get her settled into the RF.
Moving to a new country, getting married, having a baby and trying to fit into the RF is a heavy burden, and then being bullied completely by the press is enough to make anyone crack. The daily mail is still dredging up anyone they can to slate Meghan and Harry.
Harry is trying to protect his wife, and according to recent reports, has tried to initiate changes but has been rebuffed at every stage. I would think that seeing the photos on the Queen’s desk didn’t show him or Meghan or their son was hurtful and an indication that they no longer counted. The further photos of the 4 reigning/next in line would surely have pushed home that point.
Harry has slumped down the line of succession, the same thing that happened to Andrew, Anne and Edward. But they had each other to share this change of status and that surely made matters easier.
I think Harry feels very alone and impotent and is trying very hard to change things for his wife, but has had to make a huge fuss to get anyone to listen. If you add in his own personal problems then I am very surprised that he is still trying to go forward instead of just giving up. Perhaps now the RF will abandon their stiff upper lip and treat Harry better than they did Diana.
Sorry for long waffle.

Calendargirl Sat 18-Jan-20 18:47:49

Also going to repay for refurbishment of Frogmore.

tickingbird Sat 18-Jan-20 18:42:54

Wow! Does this mean they are no longer Duke and Duchess?

BlueBelle Sat 18-Jan-20 18:41:46

Titles gone and royal funds which is for the best I think they ll have a MUCH happier life doing whatever they wish to do and living and being where they want to be and no one can complain any more
GOOD LUCK TO THEM BOTH

SueDonim Sat 18-Jan-20 18:38:37

Gosh, Harry & Meghan are losing their HRH’s.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 18:34:18

The link is racism or alleged racism.

sparkii Sat 18-Jan-20 18:19:15

Please somebody tell me the link between Asian grooming gangs and Meghan, for the life of me, I can't see it.

sparkii Sat 18-Jan-20 18:18:15

There is always the race card to play, boring

Very , along with that stupid phrase.

Calendargirl Sat 18-Jan-20 18:11:13

I wasn’t aware Diana designed her engagement ring? I thought the royal jewellers or whoever went to the palace with a selection, and Charles and the Queen decided which was suitable, then Diana was allowed a bit of a say in it.

tickingbird Sat 18-Jan-20 17:47:25

“In all it’s myriad forms and nuances”.

This from suziewoozie who also denies the asian grooming gangs weren’t arrested for fears of racism. In the papers today a senior police officer said something along the lines of “ as they’re asian we can’t afford for this to come out”. Why? Because so called liberal crusaders like suziewoozie would scream racism from the rooftops. Hypocrite.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 16:49:10

There is always the race card to play, boring,

suziewoozie Sat 18-Jan-20 16:40:54

I don’t ‘love’ Meghan- bloody stupid comment but I hate racism in all its myriad forms and nuances.

sodapop Sat 18-Jan-20 16:36:41

Exactly right SirChenjin

janipat Sat 18-Jan-20 16:04:42

I think that will be the stumbling block, paying for their own security. I really don't think they'll want to, and polls strongly suggest the Canadian people don't want to pick up the bill. I don't see why the UK should pay when they aren't here performing Royal duties.

vegansrock Sat 18-Jan-20 16:03:40

maddyone - someone said they were sorry for Catherine for having to wear the ring, but she was very noble and was still wearing it, despite its gaudiness. Perhaps she loves it - you don't know. I must be the only person on here who doesn't know the RF and their likes and dislikes personally. I sit really against the law for them to accept gifts? they are given gifts all the time. Archies hat was a gift - he should be arrested at once.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 16:02:53

If he wants to escape then do so, escape is not a foot in both
camps, in or out. But he doesn’t want that, he wants the title,
the royal residence, the money, but wants to pass on many
official duties to make money for himself .

Callistemon Sat 18-Jan-20 15:44:53

Harry doesn't want to abandon his charities and he may get roped in to carry out some official duties in future as a junior royal.

As for security, well, when on official duty yes, but otherwise they should pay their own.

SirChenjin Sat 18-Jan-20 15:36:16

They haven’t escaped - they’ve rejected the bits that don’t suit them while holding out their hands for the bits that do.

tickingbird Sat 18-Jan-20 15:34:48

^ What's not to like?

Apart from a few manners lacking.^

And £600,000 security bill that the British tax payer doesn’t wish to pay.

Callistemon Sat 18-Jan-20 15:27:31

We want a slimmed down monarchy.
We're getting a slimmed down monarchy

Harry has confessed to feeling dread at the thought of his life being totally bound by Royal duty. He looked more relaxed than normal with his little son.
He and Meghan have escaped.

What's not to like?

Apart from a few manners lacking.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 15:23:02

I am sure you want to believe it trisher

trisher Sat 18-Jan-20 15:14:12

Oh probably a Royal duty Annie I'm sure Her Maj sends her sons off to meet paedophiles all the time.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 14:57:48

trisher you are playing good royal v bad royal so please don’t criticise others for doing the same.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 14:55:33

Was Andrew’s visit a private visit or a royal duty ?

tickingbird Sat 18-Jan-20 14:54:40

I doubt the Queen was aware he was visiting a convicted paedophile and, if what I read a couple of days ago is true, his security is to be stopped.

I just wish the anti monarchists, who have made their points repeatedly, would stay off this thread now. As for you Trisher saying GN’s are saying things they wouldn’t say in front of their own families- what are you on about? The only bad stuff eg Piers Morgan is a prick and intimating someone is gay means they live in a sewer, is all coming from the anti RF but love Meghan brigade. As per usual blinkered vision and double standards rule.

suziewoozie Sat 18-Jan-20 14:35:31

And we still pay for Andrews including when he went to visit a convicted paedeophile - your point is ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion