Gransnet forums

Chat

How we react to others

(7 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Mon 13-Jan-20 18:50:55

We still feel protective of all our AC who are in their 40.s always have always will. It’s great to see that they are all confident and independent, I totally agree Bluebirdwsm

kircubbin2000 Mon 13-Jan-20 18:38:20

One of my sons dresses like an 80s scruffy teenager so I was delighted to see him yesterday with a new haircut and expensive suit.His new wife is looking after him.

Sara65 Mon 13-Jan-20 17:32:27

My youngest granddaughter who is one, reminds me so much of her mum, my youngest daughter, it’s like having her baby years again, and yes, it makes me feel a bit soppy about her.

bluebirdwsm Mon 13-Jan-20 16:50:25

My sons are 6 footers and in their late 40's now. When they hurt, I hurt.
I still see the boys they were, their traits and vulnerabilities and feel protective of them even now.
I could hold them close for a long time. Each gives me a tight hug and a kiss when I see them. I that is wonderful, I feel lucky.

endlessstrife Mon 13-Jan-20 16:38:44

Awww, I know what you mean. My children are all in their thirties, bar the youngest(29). Sometimes I see just a hint in their faces, of the children they were?

AGAA4 Mon 13-Jan-20 16:35:15

My sons are middle aged now but I still feel protective of them. It is hard to let go of the children they once were but you must feel proud that he is confidant and independent. and that is in no small part down to you!

Namsnanny Mon 13-Jan-20 15:57:09

One of my sons recently shaved his beard off and simultaneously grew his hair an inch or two longer. I was unaware, so when we met up it was a bit of a surprise. But it struck me afterwards how my attitude towards him subtly changed. Pro ably not enough for him to realise.
But I slipped back in my emotional memory to a time when he was around 15/16 years of age and felt so protective of him, and more comfortable just talking about nothing in particular!
It was such a pleasant feeling!
I hadn't realized now that he is a confidant man living his own life, how much I missed the old relationship we hadsad
He looked so young and vulnerable I just wanted to hug him until my arms went numbblush