Gransnet forums

Chat

Gwynneth Paltrow's vagina scented candle

(87 Posts)
Dinahmo Fri 17-Jan-20 00:27:59

If you need a good laugh the Hadley Freeman column in the Guardian on Monday is about the various products that Paltrow's company Goop sells. Apparently the candle sells for £58 and, like something called sex dust, which also retails for a similar price, has sold out.

Cunco Fri 17-Jan-20 16:05:02

Hellsbelles By all accounts, the answer seems to be that it doesn't; but would she be the best person to know? Maybe that's a question only a man would ask. blush

Buddly Fri 17-Jan-20 16:03:34

I just knew when I saw the title of this thread it was going to be hilarious, keep up the good work ladies with your comments, tears are streaming down my face with laughter....just what I needed ! Thanks!

Hellsbelles Fri 17-Jan-20 15:51:11

Perhaps we will now have to watch her go on chat shows to be asked ' Well does it ? '

grannydarkhair Fri 17-Jan-20 15:23:21

If you want a real laugh, go read the Goop website. This is just the latest in a long line of unimaginably ridiculous (and sometimes dangerous) concepts/goods that the (wealthy) but evidently deluded and gullible have bought from Goop. She's a consummate (con)/saleswoman, far better than she ever is/was an actress. She literally must be laughing all the way to the bank. In a way, I admire her, the crap she spouts is amazing and they still fall for it. Goop has had to pay out considerable amounts of money for making unsubstantiated claims about various items/procedures, which medical professionals have totally disclaimed. I could go on, but you'll have realised by now, I am a Goop hater. I'm horrified that so many other women could be so stupid as to believe her and her claims.

Cunco Fri 17-Jan-20 14:28:47

Paltrow's candle has been brilliantly successful from a publicity viewpoint. Does anyone know, or seen a report from a journalist who has bothered to ask, how many of these candles have actually been sold?

A quick Google suggests candles in the shape of a penis are already widely available and apparently popular at hen nights.

Esspee Fri 17-Jan-20 14:26:30

OMG!

GrauntyHelen Fri 17-Jan-20 14:18:02

Boak

Sawsage2 Fri 17-Jan-20 14:13:41

Mad as a hatter! (they became mad after smelling too ?)

Kim19 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:56:30

Suspect GP may have been feeling attention starved and this new addition has certainly addressed that.

jo1book Fri 17-Jan-20 13:51:26

Reminds me of that line in the Likely Lads where Terry says of the stuck-up Thelma "She thinks her backside smells like a perfume garden". Usual egocentric crap from Paltrow.

mrswoo Fri 17-Jan-20 13:44:43

Jay Rayner, the food critic, suggested on Twitter that there may be a market for a candle that smelt of his penis.
I do hope he was joking.shock

orly your post made me laugh!

Pearlsaminger Fri 17-Jan-20 13:37:32

You’ve got to feel sorry for her kids Apple and Moses... probably cringing at her latest fad.. ?

Pearlsaminger Fri 17-Jan-20 13:36:02

“Apparently it's a gorgeous, sexy and beautifully unexpected scent. A mix of geranium, bergamot, cedar, damask rose and ambrette seed - whatever that is.”

New description for the lady garden? grin

Forestflame Fri 17-Jan-20 13:29:13

YUK!!!!!!

Juliet27 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:24:50

So will there be a penis scented candle soon?

I’d quite enjoy lighting that one!!

Lupin Fri 17-Jan-20 13:20:31

I had to look this up because I couldn't believe it! It's real! Gives new meaning to the phrase " more money than sense ".

Coco51 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:20:25

So will there be a penis scented candle soon?

Phloembundle Fri 17-Jan-20 13:16:29

Two nuns in a dark room. One said," Where's the candle." The other said, "Yes, doesn't it."

Megs36 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:04:49

Nooooo. My husband said something very rude about selling some sausages!!!!!

Witzend Fri 17-Jan-20 12:57:31

I’ve long thought she was a bit bonkers - not so sure about the ‘bit’ any more.

Joelise Fri 17-Jan-20 12:51:46

Gross !?

grannymy Fri 17-Jan-20 12:24:24

I believe that the only two reasons the vagina should smell bad is if it is unwashed (although it is self cleansing on the inside) or if someone is suffering from bacterial vaginosis, which anyone can suffer from at some point in their life. Particularly caused by using perfumed deoderants, bath oils, etc.

Dinahmo Fri 17-Jan-20 12:19:24

What's so horrendous is that her business is supposedly worth more than 1/4 of a BILLION dollars, mainly because of GP talking about her vag.

BlueBelle Fri 17-Jan-20 12:07:02

Apparently it's a gorgeous, sexy and beautifully unexpected scent. A mix of geranium, bergamot, cedar, damask rose and ambrette seed ...well where does the fanny come into it then?

Very good orly Made me laugh

grannymy Fri 17-Jan-20 12:02:41

Thank you. Some of the posts have made me laugh out loud!