Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Fri 17-Jan-20 06:06:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , but we have had rain here in Brackley .
My usual Friday shop, getting essentials .
Intend to have a easy day today, plans on travelling on hold until tomorrow .
Mick

Nortsat46 Fri 17-Jan-20 08:38:10

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Having been confined to the house for a week and having cancelled some lovely plans I was looking forward to ... I am feeling a bit better, so I hope for a brighter day.
Hope Oldgaijin and the mutt have a good day. Good wishes to Dragonfly and DH. Am sure the Glasgow ‘crew’ will have a fun day. Best to Gilly, hello to Pantglas (glad you’ve had your tea).
The sun is peeping through here, so a good sign to get up and going .... Sending good thoughts to all. ?

BlueSapphire Fri 17-Jan-20 08:41:42

Good morning from Northampton where we have a clear blue sky!
Of course it poured with rain yesterday afternoon just when I had to pick DGD up from school....
Ballet class was full on yesterday with new steps to learn and a new sequence, which I can never remember. But it's good fun and a great workout.

May have a trip out to M&S Food and Sainsbury's later; must get a card for DD whose birthday is on Sunday - where did 37 years go? She is meeting up with university friends to celebrate and we are having a family meal out later in the week as it is also her husband's birthday a few days later.

Best wishes to all with worries and cares and hopes for a good day.

Greyduster Fri 17-Jan-20 08:47:16

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wet here in South Yorkshire at the moment, but not cold. We are going for a swim this morning and then I have to go out and buy DD a birthday present. I ordered something on line for her but they messed up the order and it now won’t be here in time, so we need a stop gap! Mushroom stroganoff this evening. It sounded like a good idea when I bought the mushrooms. Now I’m not so sure! Have a good day folks.

conor Fri 17-Jan-20 08:48:45

Good morning from a dry Essex. Had some sad news yesterday as a very dear friend's husband died suddenly. He had had a heart attack around 2 years ago but recovered well and went out to play golf yesterday morning and never came home as had another fatal heart attack. My friend has a close family but was distraught when I spoke to her and still in shock. A long road ahead as us widows will know. I lost my DH 16years ago but this brings it all back. Hope everyone has the best day they can as life can change in an instant xxx

NfkDumpling Fri 17-Jan-20 08:52:19

Morning All

Fairly bright here in my bit of Norfolk.

Art class this morning - well it's more of a social club really.

The list of those with health troubles seems to be woefully long now. Hopefully as spring is on the horizon now, the days are lengthening and the snowdrops in flower, all will start to pick up and bloom with them. flowers flowers flowers

Anniebach Fri 17-Jan-20 08:54:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Alygran Fri 17-Jan-20 08:55:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dark and rainy today. Yesterday afternoon it was just like darkest winter again and it’s no change today.
Still have the ironing to do so must get going. Then I need to pop to the next town for some wool. I didn’t get enough for a baby jacket I’m making. Then to the churchyard with flowers for DH - the first daffodils of the year.
After lunch I am heading off to Derbyshire to meet DGS from school. We are going out for hot chocolate. This evening it’s his dad’s 50th and half sister’s birthday meal.
Best wishes to all not well and with appointments today. Have fun in Glasgow all who are going.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

gillybob Fri 17-Jan-20 08:59:51

Good morning from a very dark and gloomy NE coast . I think it’s going to be one of those days when it never gets properly light.

Still no appointment for consultant about my face/nose/tooth and I think I am becoming immune to the antibiotics and painkillers. Nit sure the steroid spray is doing anything except making my nose run .

DH fast asleep after another disturbed night so I have brought a bit work home to do until he wakes up (it was almost 11 when I eventually made it in to “that place” yesterday ) .

Thinking especially about Oldgaijin (and the mutt) dragonfly (hope today goes as well as possible for you and Mr dragonfly) and all those feeling sad, poorly or under the weather . Hope you see some much needed sunshine soon.

Best wishes to all going to the Glasgow meet up later today. Hope you have a brilliant time. I love Glasgow and hope DH is well enough to visit in March for the C2C concerts . ?

Have a good Friday everyone ,

Love Gillybob x

Nannytopsy Fri 17-Jan-20 09:02:19

Another late start in Suffolk! We watched Question Time all the way to the end last night though - that doesn’t happen very often ?.
Good morning Mick and all his followers. I hope this sunshine reaches everyone over the weekend and helps you all to feel healthier, happier or at peace.

Newquay Fri 17-Jan-20 09:03:28

Received a very difficult last week. After much thought, sent a reply yesterday. Feel like I’m waiting for a bomb to go off!

gillybob Fri 17-Jan-20 09:07:07

Not sure what it was you received last week Newquay but hope things are okay with you .

vena11 Fri 17-Jan-20 09:27:34

Good morning from Bristol where its dry but it does not look promising.
I hope everyone is going to have a better day, there is too many people to mention everyone but I am thinking about you all.
Dh going out today so I have the house to myself which is a treat, I can play music load and sing along and no one to hear me singing of tune.

Auntieflo Fri 17-Jan-20 09:35:05

Good morning Michael, and as others have said, I hope you are OK, as you are changing plans.
Morning Annie, and all others of the GM thread.
At the moment, it is quite sunny and bright here, but it could change in a moment.
Yesterday was like that, changeable. I had a physio session, then we decided to bus into Bracknell for a look around. Had a very nice lunch, tried on a couple of things, but bought nothing!
NanKate, enjoy your trip to Windsor, and Daniels??
I had two crumpets for breakfast this morning, they are very filling, and thought of DoraMarr, is it you that has crumpets?
Mommawolf, I like the description of the 'terriors'. We once had a cairn, and he was a bit of a terrior, but lovely with it.
I hope Oldgaijin, the Gillybobs and all those with their own problems have a peaceful day.
Newquay, are you OK?
To one and all, take care, and enjoy your day.

oldgaijin Fri 17-Jan-20 09:46:39

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire, tho' it is quite chilly.

One good thing about not sleeping is that you can follow daughter's journey home...St. Anton, Innsbruck, Frankfurt, Hanoi, Singapore. She will be shattered...and GRUMPY!
Shall phone her on Sunday and give her my news.

The mutt has appeared holding his lead...think he's trying to tell me something!

Dragonfly, hope your oncology appointment went
OK?
Glesca Grannies, hae a great blether and BEHAVE!!

Bellasnana Fri 17-Jan-20 09:51:00

Good morning from Malta where the sun is shining but the wind is getting up. I shall go out for a walk soon as I need to blow some cobwebs away.

That’s very sad about your friend’s DH conor. A sudden death must be so very hard to cope with,flowers

Have a lovely meeting, ladies. Shall look forward to hearing how it all went.

Best wishes to all for as good a day as possible. sunshine

Urmstongran Fri 17-Jan-20 10:05:52

A bit late this morning (it’s 11am here!). Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sun’s up, I’m very warm behind glass on the balcony (we put in those folding windows so we can slide them out of the way in the spring & summer).

I’m waiting on the washing machine so I can peg out the sheets and pillowcases, then we will head out somewhere. Probably Arroyo again as it’s a nice buzzy town, especially Fridays & weekends. We noticed a new coffee shop that we’d like to try.

We are meeting up with our neighbours this evening for a meal. We will share a taxi down to the marina as our neighbour has MS and these steep streets round us are a bit of a trial for her using her new mobility scooter. She said even at home she’s only just getting used to it and this hilly area saps her confidence somewhat.

Thinking of everyone today with worries and ill health and hope that Friday is kind to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

Mapleleaf Fri 17-Jan-20 10:06:49

Good morning,

A bit grey and dismal here at the moment. The sun made a very brief appearance half an hour ago, but it's disappeared again. I think we are set for quite a damp, dismal day.

Kind thoughts to everyone of you feeling unwell or with burdens. I hope today brings you a little ☀️.

I enjoyed my second Pilates class yesterday, but I must remember to breathe, or at least breathe in when I'm meant to and out when I'm meant to!! ?. I'm so busy concentrating on the moves that the breathing bit goes wrong...

Enjoy your meet up in Glasgow, ladies. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Well, that's my news for today. Take care.

harrigran Fri 17-Jan-20 10:13:10

A late good morning from the NE.
Know how you feel kitty, I react to chilli and black pepper.
We had a stir fry the other day and I must have misread the sauce label, I have had a sore and runny tummy ever since.
Thinking of all the poorly people, gilly your poor face ? you have suffered way too long.

Kalu Fri 17-Jan-20 10:14:25

Good morning from a much brighter day in Glasgow

Enjoy your Christmas get together with family Susan56. Who cares what the date is as long as you all have a good day together.

Hope the day goes well for you and the mutt oldgaijin and you feel up to a romp in the woodies which I know you enjoy.

I bought some tulips and daffodils yesterday and what a lift I get, seeing them around the house, reminding me spring is on the way. Lovely.

Time to get organised as I will be heading into town later to our Glasgow meet up certain there will be laughs and lots of blethering.

Really hoping you and your DH do manage a well deserved break in March gilly. Keep that thought.

A pleasant day to all and love to those with struggles.

Yiayia4 Fri 17-Jan-20 10:16:55

Morning all very late today.
Just wanted to share my news to anybody interested.
My DS had an appointment this morning he had a very large lump in his mouth that had doubled in size in a month! anyway turns out it’s a cyst, has to be removed but will be ok.
So relived, you never stop worrying when your mum whatever there age.
Feeling blessed this morning.

Have a good day everyone special thoughts to DragonflyandOldgaijin

GrannyGravy13 Fri 17-Jan-20 10:21:38

Good morning Mick and all x

Blue sky and sunny here in SE Essex, not sure how long it will last?

Early to the gym this morning, nothing else planned.

Enjoy your lunch Glesca Grannies, Dragonfly I hope all goes well, gillybob sorry to hear you are still in pain.
Wishing all other GM folks with ills or troubles best wishes.

Keep safe folks

EllanVannin Fri 17-Jan-20 10:32:00

Good Morning All x
Dull dark and wet, miserable out really but at least today so far I feel almost human to what I have been. I'd given up on myself at one point. Cough has gone, just that washed-out feeling you have after an illness but it should pass in a couple of days.

3rd week of illness with no oomph to do anything but am actually looking forward to having some marmite toast as appetite has been non-existent all this time.
I'm sure those of you who've had the misfortune of suffering this lurgy will understand that it knocks you sideways.

Anyway, I hope everyone isn't too bad as I've missed out on knowing about each of you but I'll follow as I go along.

I don't intend doing much today---again, just a couple of odds and ends of shopping locally. The cats have had more than me of late !

I hope the day goes well for Susan and your DH, thoughts too for Dragonfly today and of course the Gillybobs xx

Everyone else look after yourselves and enjoy the day as best you can.

Yiayia4 Fri 17-Jan-20 11:07:38

Pleased your feeling better Ellan missed your posts this week.

moggie Fri 17-Jan-20 11:50:42

Late good morning Mick & all from wet, cloudy Nottingham. Asda delivery this morning & I’ve just got back from Zumba gold class, I really enjoyed it & was made very welcome by all.
Have a lovely get together Glasgow GN’s.
Best wishes to all poorly GN’s & all struggling with health & worries.
Thoughts with The Gillybobs, mommawolf, Dragonfly & oldgaijin. Glad your son is ok Yiayia4 & your SIL home soon Nannyjan
Have a good everyone.

Legs55 Fri 17-Jan-20 12:00:30

Good morning just to all from sunny Devon, weather is deceptive, I had a GP Appointment earlier, put my jacket on as the sun was shining, got outside & there were big spots of rain. Still on the positive side it's less windy with blue skies & fluffy white clouds it won't last hmm

I will now spend the rest of the day playing catch up on chores. Hoping for some decent weather over the weekend after all the rain & high winds, lots of destruction & travel delays down here, when will some-one realise the Devon & Cornwall need an alternative to the Dawlish rail lineconfused