Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Sat 18-Jan-20 06:18:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark , but dry start today here in Brackley this morning, maybe colder as well.
Saturday will the bus trip to Buckingham and then Bicester to browse and shop, plus have a coffee or two.
This route to Buckingham is very sociable as the villages on the route those villagers will talk and share conversation on the bus.
Also hoping they have flea market on as well in Buckingham.
Mick

Pantglas2 Sat 18-Jan-20 12:04:47

Morning (just) all from rainy Spain where I’ve been up and at it since 7.30 - honest!

Had a busy start to catch up with a friend who lost her husband just before Christmas and needed a witness to her signature- she’s having problems with pensions & paperwork which seems like adding insult to injury at times like this! She’s also found she’s been dropped, Sark, why would people do that?

I love Habas y Jamon Urmstongran and one of our bars has it every week in the tapas menu - licious! Hope the weather picks up before I go home on Wednesday!

Not much planned for rest of day and pizza (shop-bought-but-enhanced) for supper and some wine. Have a good weekend everyone especially those with worries x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 18-Jan-20 11:01:20

Good morning from east London, glorious sunny day ( no surprise when I’m so late posting). Day at home today, back to unpacking/locating stuff we packed away pre the builders. Still finding it quiet without DS; I used to think my mam was soft when she said that when I was at uni. especially when my 3 younger siblings were still at home. Planning to go and see a local band tonight - may drive me on to unpack more quickly. Hope you have a good day.

Sark Sat 18-Jan-20 10:14:22

Morning everyone
Just a quick post as in a rush!
That is nice Conor...when I lost my DH suddenly in tragic circumstances many years ago people didn't know what to say and many stayed away so I think what you are doing is lovely.
Thinking of all and thanks for making me laugh Mommawolf!

Bellasnana Sat 18-Jan-20 10:12:43

Good morning from Malta where it is a lovely sunny day, but very windy again.

I went for a long walk along the prom yesterday and the wind was very strong and cold, yet the sun is quite warm if you find a sheltered spot.

Meeting my friend this morning before she goes to the hospital for her daily visit to her DH. This has been going on for nine months now and she’s dealing with her own cancer as well.

This afternoon DD3 suggested going out for tea so I shall enjoy being with her. The weekends can get a bit lonely on one’s own, so any chance I can get for some company is gratefully received.

Sending you all very best wishes for as good a day as possible.sunshine

Auntieflo Sat 18-Jan-20 10:11:59

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It is sunny and very frosty outside, car roofs covered.
We are due to go out for our usual coffee meet up with friends, but I am sitting here, and should be getting ready.
Shopping to do later, as I didn't do it yesterday. I went to see a friend instead, and spent the afternoon there, as I'd been worried about her. Emails bounced back, phone continually engaged, so I went. Luckily she was OK, but as we hadn't seen each other for weeks, there was lots to catch up on. My Ipad had seemingly altered her email address, as it had not changed, at all. Strange.
Yesterday I made a Caraway seed cake, as I had a yen for one, and I haven't made it for several years. It looks lovely, but will taste it later.
To all those with health problems or other worries, take care of yourselves and have a good weekend one and all.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Jan-20 10:08:44

conor I have PM’d you.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Jan-20 10:05:40

Good morning Mick and all x

Sunny here in SE Essex but ‘nippy’ the pier was closed to walkers yesterday conor trains only, due to the high winds.

No plans other than some food shopping locally.

Keep safe folks

conor Sat 18-Jan-20 09:58:34

Good morning from a very sunny and chilly Essex. Had lots of phone calls yesterday about friend's husband who died suddenly on Thurs and how best to support her. I have made up a little pamper bag for her along with 2 mini cans of G&T and will go to see her sometime over the weekend. Some washing on and think I will go for a walk along Southend sea front. It is 20 mins on the train and so lovely to be able to clear the cobwebs. Hope everyone has a peaceful day xxx

Grammaretto Sat 18-Jan-20 09:56:01

We are all as cross as you Gillybobs on your behalf. Grrrr.
I hope you do manage the C2C but I looked it up and I'm way that same weekend. Bother as I would like to meet you.

Aha jacq10 there maybe was a glass of red across the table. So glad I wasn't the lone drinker.

EllanVannin Sat 18-Jan-20 09:55:56

Good Morning All x
A clear bright start after yesterdays showers of hail belting against the windows.
I'd done what I set out to do yesterday scurrying to the shops before the deluges so felt quite relieved.

Another improvement in my state of health, thank goodness, just some catarrh making my ears whistle now and again but I can put up with that and just blow my nose to clear it. Coughing's gone too.

I need a big shop next week after ploughing through this last 3 weeks Christmas food from the freezer with virtually no shopping done to speak of during this time.Just taken the beef out of the freezer to thaw for tomorrow, so yippee, a Sunday dinner at last which makes a change from poached egg on toast----all I could eat sad

No plans today apart from washing the nets and windows then a read of the paper, file my nails after cutting off the talons and that's about it. Exciting isn't it ?

Glad that things didn't go too bad for Dragonfly, hope it stays that way. Good to hear that the day went well for Susan too so now I'm hoping that the Gillybobs aren't too bad xx

Whatever everyone's doing today, have a good day of it.

Nannytopsy Sat 18-Jan-20 09:46:10

Mommawolf that’s a classic!
Have a lovely day everyone and soak up this sunshine.

lavenderzen Sat 18-Jan-20 09:34:34

Good morning all. Bright skies here in Derbyshire.
Hope everyone has a good day and poorly ones start to feel better.

gillybob Sat 18-Jan-20 09:33:58

Good morning from the NE coast where we had the most beautiful sunrise.

DH had a poor night again unable to get comfortable due to severe pains caused by this damned massive bladder stone which must be growing by the day. It was 4.5 centimetres in diameter 4 weeks ago poor man is in permanent agony.

Feel so cross and helpless that despite a year of hospital visits, operations booked and cancelled, then almost 3 months on ICU he should still be suffering so much.

So pleased to hear your are feeling okay after your Chemo dragonfly and hope you continue to do so. Do take it easy though. smile

Thinking about Oldgaijin and all of those feeling sad or poorly and hoping for some much needed sunshine very soon.

I am so glad the Glasgow meet up went well, I would have loved to have joined you all. Hoping and praying DH has had his op soon enough for us to make C2C in March ?.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Love Gillybob x

Willynilly Sat 18-Jan-20 09:28:24

Good morning all from a cold but bright East Mids.
Mommawolf I laughed out loud about the pup. Wonderful stuff. We have an 8 year old terrier and he’s positively laid back when compared to our cockapoo puppy who’s basically half dog half whirling dervish!
Planning to tidy up the garden a bit today as the winds brought so many small branches down, then prepping lunch for the family tomorrow.
Have a good day one and all, and my best wishes go those with ill health or other worries.

Nortsat46 Sat 18-Jan-20 09:28:10

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
I don’t have anything exciting to post unfortunately after 1.5 weeks in the house, with a chest infection (much like many other GNs are describing).
But I had to respond to mommawolf’s post, which made me and my partner laugh out loud ... it’s a classic.

All good wishes to those facing challenges today. So pleased to hear that dragonfly’s chemo went well and sending good thoughts to Oldgaijin, her DD and the mutt.
? to all ...

BlueSapphire Sat 18-Jan-20 09:21:00

Good morning all from a very bright and frosty Northampton.
No plans really for today apart from watching my rugby team on tv at lunchtime. They are in France playing Lyon in the European Cup. They need to win to get through to the next round.
Shall just have a day reading the papers, doing the crossword and reading my book. Then steak tonight for dinner. And wine of course!
Hope everyone's day goes well.

jacq10 Sat 18-Jan-20 09:13:45

I confess - the other wine drinker was me!! It was so nice to meet up with everyone yesterday. Everyone was so relaxed considering most were meeting for the first time. It was quite funny arriving at the venue which was large and busy and trying to work out if one of the ladies on her own of a certain age was one of "us". Believe it or not it didn't take long and thanks to Marydoll and her badges we settled in for a great meet. I'm still in the Glasgow area and catching up with DD before heading back north tomorrow. Hope the Edinburgh meet-up goes well. It was such a good idea to do this in January which can be a long bleak month.

Newquay Sat 18-Jan-20 09:10:50

Morning from Staffs where we’ve had a frost. Washed bedding from DD2’s visit overnight so will hang it out shortly. I agree with OP it’s lovely to hear from everyone especially where we all are too. Gillybob, it was a difficult letter I received. Reply should have arrived by now-am dreading response as original was so angry. Much thought-and prayer-went into reply so really hoping response will be good. Have resolved if reply is by phone and anger is still there I WILL hang up☹️ All so sad

ninathenana Sat 18-Jan-20 09:08:13

Good morning from sunny Kent.

I confess I haven't read the thread as in a rush. I hope you all have a pleasant day.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 09:07:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Think we are to have a break from rain, bliss

harrigran Sat 18-Jan-20 09:04:26

Good morning from a cool and windy NE.
No plans for the day.
Weather forecast is better for the coming week so should be able to get out and about.
Thinking of all those with troubles.

Urmstongran Sat 18-Jan-20 09:01:17

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s dry but not sunny today - the weather forecast is changeable this next week with white cloud and rain Thursday & Friday.

We had a lovely walk around Arroyo yesterday and tried the new cafe we had seen. We enjoyed a lovely new tapas dish that we’d not seen on a menu before - Habas de Jamon - beans & ham. It’s slightly salty and yummy. Loads of Spanish around us were eating bowls of it for their lunch which encouraged us to try it!

I have a pedicure appointment in an hour.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

moggie Sat 18-Jan-20 09:00:10

Good morning Mick & all from cold, frosty Nottingham.
DH & DS off to the tip this morning, we’ve had s good clear out all stocked up in garage ready to go.
Glad all enjoyed the Glasgow meet up.
I have some winter pansies Folkestone78 in pots & hanging basket.
Loved your post mommawolf
Thoughts with oldgaijin, Gillybobs & all not well or struggling.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sat 18-Jan-20 08:53:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright day in prospect for South Yorkshire. Swimming yesterday seems to have left me with a stuffy chest and a cough. So much for keeping fit! Nothing much planned for today except I may make a cake for DD’s birthday on Wednesday. No doubt there will be some decorative input from GS before it is wheeled out if he can find time from his busy schedulehmm! Have a good day, folks.

Kalu Sat 18-Jan-20 08:49:38

No, you were not a lone drinker Grammaretto. I can’t even remember who the other one was and I wasn’t drinking!?

A glass of wine would have been very welcome but? I was driving.