Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-Jan-20 06:12:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fark, signs of rain locally this morning , still feels cold out though.
I think I have got a bit of a cold or whatever, with weather changing so much just lately , mild to colder conditions.
Have the lozenges, so will suck them most of today.
Mick

Nannytopsy Mon 20-Jan-20 11:55:14

I have just crept in while it is still morning! Best wishes to everyone in the sick bay. Sunny with some cloud today, just like the forecast. A day for jobs and parcels arriving.

Rufus2 Mon 20-Jan-20 11:03:50

I obviously forgot to charge it last night
Resurgam Leave it permanently on charge, then you might not forget, ever again! grin

Legs55 Mon 20-Jan-20 10:46:38

Good morning all from a very sunny but cold Devon -2C this morning, frost hasn't cleared yet. Another beautiful day, might get out in the garden this afternoon.

I need to go out for a few essentials this morning, hope the roads aren't to icy (they don't grit round herehmm)

Delivery expected, just hope it doesn't turn up whilst I'm outgrin

Sorry to here lots of you have the lurgy, I've been fighting it off since Christmas, I refuse to give ingrin

Nortsat46 Mon 20-Jan-20 10:26:04

Good morning Mick and the GM team

?? to all those facing challenges today.
So sorry to hear you are in pain dragonfly and wishing Oldgaijin an easy, energy conserving day.

Brunette10 Mon 20-Jan-20 10:16:30

oldgaijin - thinking of you flowers

vena11 Mon 20-Jan-20 09:58:50

Dragonfly hope your pain goes so flowers

lavenderzen Mon 20-Jan-20 09:55:47

Good morning all. Cold and frosty here in Derbyshire. Off to see the physio this morning hmm, see what that brings. I keep being told these things are "age related"! How did that happen.

Sorry to hear how poorly people are. Hugs to all who are unwell and with worries.

whywhywhy Mon 20-Jan-20 09:53:24

Good morning from a cold but sunny and dry Market Harborough. MIL funeral today and husband is busy right now sorting out the eulogy.

Sending love and hugs to all who are poorly, depressed or just plain fed up today.

Kalu Mon 20-Jan-20 09:45:08

Good morning from a greyish Glasgow.

I do hope you are not coming down with this bug Mick. ?

Hope you receive something to help with the pain relief Dragonfly
Kitty, I keep a supply of Cranberry juice in the fridge which often, after a glass, nips UTI symptoms in the bud and lets me know it’s not an attack needing antibacs.
Well done with the plumbing work gilly I love your ‘have a go’ attitude?
So pleased to hear of your positive chat with your DD Oldgaijin. Enjoy your romp with the mutt.?
Positive day for you and ‘team wedding’ Marydoll. One more thing to tick off the list?

This bug is such a bugger. Feel more or less back to normal then, floored again, feeling exhausted so yesterday was a very lazy one with a bit of snoozing which reminds me of feeling jet lagged!

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards. Dentist and GP appointments on the agenda for a thrilling day ahead?

Take care and best wishes to all dealing with ailments and illness and hope you have a pleasant day. It will soon be spring?

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 20-Jan-20 09:37:37

Hello everyone from another even frostier morning in
Cornwall. Sun doing its best to thaw everything.

Waiting for huge delivery of tiles for bathroom and ensuite. Next step of our build. Can't wait to get into the house late this year. It will be so much warmer than our little 'not so cosy' cottage.

Just back in from a crispy underfoot quick walk with Mya, dog. Cup of earl grey ready now to be drunk whilst I read some posts and look at the GAMES activity.
x

conor Mon 20-Jan-20 09:19:36

Good morning from a bright, sunny Essex. Just made tea so will read all the posts later. Really enjoyed the film 1917 yesterday. Didn't think it was my sort of film but was gripped to the screen from start to finish so do recommend! Going to visit my bereaved friend this morning and then to Monday coffee afternoon with retired colleagues. Not much coffee drunk but hopefully lots of gossip. Hope everyone has the best day they can xxx

gillybob Mon 20-Jan-20 09:16:07

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a cold start to the week.

Thank you all for the praise, re my plumbing skills, but it was much easier than it sounds (although it’s one of those jobs where you really could do with 6 hands). I’m very happy with my shiny new taps and it gave me the push to have a clear out and clean under the sink too. smile

Managed to wrap a couple of my special plants up in their warm fleeces yesterday as those winds off the North Sea are bitter cold.

Another disturbed night with poor DH up and down about 20 times or more. He just can’t get any rest. I do hope we hear something this week.

Sorry to hear you are feeling awful today dragonfly I do hope you haven’t been overdoing it.

Thinking of those of us who are feeling sad or poorly (Especially oldgaijin) and wishing for some much needed sunshine

Forgot to put the thread on a “show 100”setting so need to go back and re-read .

I’m off to “that bloody awful place” as soon as I can get DH downstairs. Have a good Monday everyone.

Love Gillybob x

oldgaijin Mon 20-Jan-20 09:13:22

Good morning from a bright and frosty Aberdeenshire!

The mutt is currently doing his pheasant patrol...there's not a bird in sight so he's very chuffed when he thinks he's scared them off and he always looks so busy at it. If the truth were told, the local estate has blasted them all out of the sky but at least the survivors will be safe after 1st February.

My energy levels have dropped over the weekend, probably because I'm not eating very much, so shall have to re-think the daily walk in the woodies. I have several chums who would be willing to take the mutt out, so he would still get to see his doggy pals.

Macmillan nurse comes this morning so I had better get dressed etc..

Have a good day everyone,

moggie Mon 20-Jan-20 09:12:06

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright Nottingham.
Catch up day today. Had lovely day y’day walk with DS & dog & dinner at DD’s.
Thoughts with all not well or struggling feel better soon.
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 20-Jan-20 09:10:52

Good Morning All x

Has been frosty but not as bad as yesterday and there's no fog either. Bright enough but a bit of cloud gathering.

I think I'm infection-free now so it's safe for D to visit. I'd told her to keep away as it wasn't something I wanted to pass on to her then all the children. Meanwhile I'd muddled through as there'd been nothing I was desperate for. The year before I'd made her put paracetamol through the letter-box rather than her come in smile

Enjoyed my beef dinner yesterday piled high with roast potatoes, so back to normal there. Beef again today but I'll mash and fry potatoes mixed with carrot and turnip ( my mum used to call it brown-cap ) so that'll keep the cold out and the bugs at bay.

Hope today is a better day for Marydoll and Dragonfly, take things easy if you can. Anyone who's suffering I hope things ease for you. Thoughts to the Gillybob's as well xx.

Enjoy the day.

Auntieflo Mon 20-Jan-20 09:06:07

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather Mick

Just sitting here having toast and Japonica jam and my several cups of tea, bliss.

We have to wait in for a delivery today, could be any time between 7 am and 5 pm ?, but they did say they would advise us half an hour beforehand.

I had a bit of a disturbed night, bad dreams and woke DH by calling out! Maybe the after effects of AF during the evening?

I was very impressed with Gillybob's DIY skills, and also with the fact that MrGillybob, was well enough to direct the operations. Well done that man.

Dragonfly, so sorry to hear that you have felt so unwell over the weekend. Get better soon.

And Oldgaijin, you amaze me with your lovely positive outlook and resilience. Go girl and enjoy your walks in the woodies with the mutt. He sounds perfect.?

To one and all, keep warm and safe, and enjoy your day.

Harris27 Mon 20-Jan-20 09:02:36

Scentia I’ve had that for two weeks really annoying. Gone through packets of throat lozenges and paracetamol and it’s still here. Had. Ice weekend gone so quickly but I’m only doing four days this week have long weekend booked as it’s my big birthday and looking forward to catching up with family and friends. Hope everyone has a good Monday stay warm! X

Mapleleaf Mon 20-Jan-20 08:58:13

Good morning,
Another bright day developing by the looks of things, though cold again. Still, much more preferable to those damp, gloomy grey days we seem to get so much of.

Hope you nip that cold in the bud, Mick.

Coffee morning later, then some washing and ironing to do, though I'll try and fit in a walk first.

Have a good day if you can, and those of you feeling unwell or sad, I hope you soon feel better. ?

GrannySomerset Mon 20-Jan-20 08:56:09

Still lots of frost here and car will take a lot of de-icing before we go to U3A monthly talk this morning. Need to collect prescriptions and then a visit to dental torturer for quarterly scrape and polish.

Good wishes to all our poorly correspondents and gold star to the intrepid and amazing Gillybob. Aren’t some women wonderful?

Anniebach Mon 20-Jan-20 08:54:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Mon 20-Jan-20 08:45:04

Good morning from a cold but not frosty NE.
Nothing planned for today so will probably design some birthday cards online, a few big birthdays coming up plus DD is changing her job and I want the card to be personalised.
I applaud your skills gillybob, as a plumber's daughter I am rubbish at that kind of thing.
Best wishes to all the poorly people.

ninathenana Mon 20-Jan-20 08:39:48

Morning everyone.

It's fresh and bright in Kent, no frost here or over the weekend.
DH has hospital appointment this morning. Luckily we can wait until after rush hour as our journey is a busy commuter route.
Nothing else planned for today.
Hope all you poorly folk feel better soon.

Brunette10 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:37:17

Its cold and very windy here in Fife today. Only have one place to go today and that's the dentist for a filling this afternoon. Think I shall stay indoors until then. Plenty to do. Thinking of all those with ailments and worries and hope everyone has the best day possible.

Susan56 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:36:33

Good morning from Shropshire.Looks like it’s going to be a cold but bright day.
We have had a lovely weekend in West Wales.Today is a laundry and catching up day before we head off to Stafford tomorrow to see our younger daughter and family.So looking forward to seeing them.We normally see them every week but due to being unwell it is six weeks since we have seen them.Apparently DGS is chattering away now.
Mick,look after yourself with that cold,maybe stay in for a few days,you don’t want it progressing into the dreaded lurgy.
Dragonfly,sorry you are unwell and hope you feel better as the day goes on.
Sending good wishes to all unwell.
Hope DH had a better night gilly.Am very impressed with your plumbing skills??
Oldgaijin,glad the phone call with your daughter went better than you could have thought and some positives came out of it.Enjoy your walk with the mutt.?

Mommawolf Mon 20-Jan-20 08:33:18

Goodmorning all from a very dull and damp Norfolk. It was very cold dog walk this morning. The jack Russell's are going home today DGDs partner is improving so she is going home and back to work. Luckily most clients only need maintenance work this time of year. They are landscape gardeners so she can cope with the help of the lad that works for them. Do take care Dragonfly I watched my dear sister go through this it's awful. Healing thoughts to all who are unwell today.