Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Tue 21-Jan-20 06:08:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, cold start here in Brackley this morning.
I have just spent the last 12 hours in bed with a bug, anyway think once I have a good breakfast should be OK.
Weighed myself as well and have lost over a kilo in weight.
Mick

Chardy Tue 21-Jan-20 16:50:38

Better late than never. Sunrise on the South Coast today

whywhywhy Tue 21-Jan-20 12:57:30

Good morning / afternoon to you all from a cold but sunny Market Harborough. Yesterday was the funeral of my dear MIL. Hubby did tbe eulogy. This afternoon we are going to the church yard to bury her ashes alongside her lovely husband. So sad.
Sending love and hugs to everyone especially those suffering, depressed or fedup. Xx

lavenderzen Tue 21-Jan-20 12:50:31

Good morning/afternoon all. Foggy but no rain as yet in Derbyshire.

Quiet day for me after yesterday's visit to the physio. Well worth the visit, 2 injections, splints and referal to the Rheumatologist - more achieved in that hour than over the last 9 months.

Hope all who are unwell/have worries start to feel better.

Bellasnana Tue 21-Jan-20 10:23:25

Good morning from Malta where we seem to be having a very blustery day.

I’m out having a coffee at present so will read and run because I find typing on the phone too fiddly.

Just want to wish all poorly people a speedy return to full health. sunshine

gillybob Tue 21-Jan-20 09:49:59

Good morning from the NE coast. Just getting DH sorted then off to “that bl**dy awful place”.

Nothing much to report (well nothing nice anyway) just usual same as......

So sorry to hear about your GGC’s dad being so poorly again EllanVannin . I had first hand experience of pneumonia and sepsis when my DH was in ICU recently. An awful time, but he did pull through eventually . The microbiologists are wonderful and he will get the best possible care.

It seems that the poorly list is getting longer and longer (it’s that lurgy time of year isn’t it ?) and once again I forgot to “show 100” so to avoid missing anyone out I shall simply say, I hope all those feeling poorly or under the weather feel much better soon.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Love Gillybob x

Auntieflo Tue 21-Jan-20 09:44:18

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, on this very frosty morning in our corner of Berks.
Glad to hear Mick that you think your lurgy is on the way out.
There are so many who are poorly, but also lots of sympathy from us here.
Oldgaijin, you made me laugh, and although you say your lunch will be a sad one, enjoy the company of your friends.
Harrigran, we had to wait for a delivery yesterday. Times given were between 7 am and 5 pm. It actually arrived around 4 pm! But we are pleased with our new kitchen chairs.
By the sounds of your trip BlueSapphire, I think you will have a queue for the second place., and a Hot Toddy is definitely the answer to your sore throat.?
To Marydoll and all others who are feeling poorly, get better soon.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Tue 21-Jan-20 09:39:10

Good morning,

It's a clear frosty morning here today. Been to give blood so back now enjoying a nice cup of tea.

Your experience day sounds wonderful, BlueSapphire. You will have to tell us all about it once you've been. I think presents like that are a lovely idea. We received a couple of afternoon tea vouchers at a really nice venue for Christmas so will be looking forward to booking one of those soon, and enjoy the second one a bit later on.

Hope you soon feel better, Mick along with anyone else feeling unwell or worried.

Oldgaijin you made me smile with your recount of your friend mis-hearing what you said! On another note, I do hope that you will be able to continue seeing these lovely ladies for a good while yet, even if you personally have to cut back the fundraising efforts.

Take care folks. ?

Marydoll Tue 21-Jan-20 09:34:05

boheminan, good morning!

I would love to visit Oxford! It's on my bucket list, before I Kick the bucket!!!

boheminan Tue 21-Jan-20 09:22:58

Good morning everyone. I've been lurking round here for too long, and it's good to start the day with a happy chin-wag, so I've barged into Mick's place! It's a lovely crisp, pink morning in Oxford. 'Cunning Plan A' is to cycle into town through the park to see how the squirrels and early morning dog walkers are faring.

Urmstongran Tue 21-Jan-20 09:20:05

Could you put me down as 1st reserved BlueSapphire? - your excursion sounds wonderful!

Resurgam I didn’t notice the word ‘night’ was missing and even when you pointed it out I still didn’t know where it belonged! Dim or what? (Me, not you ha!). How is choir these days? I see Newquay is a fellow chorister too!

Willynilly Tue 21-Jan-20 09:08:50

Good morning all from a frosty but sunny East Mids.
Swimming for me today to try and ease my hip. Getting a bit fed up of it now!
Glad to see some are turning the corner on ill health but good wishes to all under the weather. Oldgaijin you gave me a huge laugh this morning, thank you x
Take it easy where you can folks and enjoy the day.

GrannySomerset Tue 21-Jan-20 09:08:32

Heavy frost in our bit of North Somerset but clear sky and winter sunshine. Took ages to clear and warm up the car yesterday, and the same performance likely if we are to join friends for coffee. DH on second round of antibiotics since a bashed shin turned to cellulitis which is reluctant to disappear. We know from past experience that if we don’t get rid of it things get worse.

WI tonight depending on the weather - I am nervous of night driving in icy conditions so we shall see. Sorry so many of you are unwell and hope things improve today.

BlueSapphire Tue 21-Jan-20 09:07:16

Good morning everyone, well a late good morning from me, as though I woke up at 5am I forced myself to stay in bed and doze as I can feel a cold coming on. Have a dreadful sore throat and am very snuffly. Think I will give my health walk a miss this afternoon. Will blame the friend who gave me a lift to ballet last week as she had a bad cold!

It is very frosty here, but grey and dull..

I managed to book my 'experience day' yesterday successfully, one part by phone and the other on line. It is lunch on a Thames riverboat, followed by a trip up the Shard. Booked for the end of March when hopefully the weather will be better. Now the tricky bit, trying to decide which friend to ask to accompany me.

Hope everyone has the best day they can, while I dose myself up with Lemsip and honey (maybe laced with a wee dram!).

Newquay Tue 21-Jan-20 09:04:40

Good morning from a grey but frost free Staffs-has to clear ice from car last night after choir.
We’ve had the cough and cold too but almost gone now. Meeting a friend at 2.30 as it’s her birthday so glad won’t be passing germs on.

Anniebach Tue 21-Jan-20 09:00:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mommawolf Tue 21-Jan-20 08:59:55

Goodmorning all from a cold and very frosty norfolk, thick mist and almost zero visibility even the dogs not keen on walk today. Clearing the end of the barn later ready for a straw delivery. Think the critters are going to need the extra bedding if this cold stays for a while. Sorry you have the bug mick take care of yourself

harrigran Tue 21-Jan-20 08:56:31

Good morning from an overcast NE, no frost here.
DH has a GP appointment right on lunchtime so I will get on with jobs in the house.
I have a delivery coming, text message at 6.30 this morning, delivery will be by the end of the working day. Well that narrows it down.
Best wishes to all the poorly people.

EllanVannin Tue 21-Jan-20 08:56:23

Good Morning All x.

So dark this morning that I thought it was earlier than it was. No frost because of the heavy skies.

Sorry to learn that Mick has fallen foul of the " bug " that seems to be doing its rounds. I hope it doesn't linger long for you.

My GGC's dad who had stem-cell treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma 2 years ago caught the bug and is very poorly in hospital with pneumonia which has also turned to sepsis. He's in ICU and very ill again so it's just a matter of waiting now. We did all this throughout 2017 into 2018--waiting.
Not a good start to the year !.

I must get to Asda today as I've pretty well used up what was in the freezer for Christmas so the drawers are looking a bit sparse now plus it's not good running the freezer with virtually nothing in it either.

D called yesterday so we had a long natter over dinner, I hadn't seen her for the time I was ill because I didn't want her to catch it then in turn pass it to the children so it was nice to see her after 3 weeks.

Those who have the misfortune to catch this lurgy keep warm and dose up with whatever you've got and I hope you don't suffer too badly. Thoughts to you all, Marydoll, Dragonfly, Susan and the Gillybobs,take care xx

Urmstongran Tue 21-Jan-20 08:53:37

Good morning everyone from Malaga. It’s not as windy as yesterday, but it’s chilly again. Similar weather forecast for all this week. Lovely sunny weather next week when of course by then we will be back in Manchester! Ah well.

Our ladies afternoon got cancelled as it was pouring down, so we put the heater on to keep cosy and watched ‘Shawshank Redemption’ one of my favourite DVD’s that I haven’t watched for a while.

No plans for today. Washer on. Enjoying my second cuppa. Ate loads yesterday, snacking, munching, large dinner from the slow cooker so will rein it in a bit today!

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

Nortsat46 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:44:20

Good morning Mick and the GM team. Sorry you are unwell Mick, hopefully you are on the mend, if you can enjoy a good breakfast.

We had a ludicrous morning yesterday when our groceries were delivered to a neighbour’s house by Tesco. Her husband accepted them and unpacked them, then she walked in, took one look and realised they weren’t hers. Our name was on the delivery sheet, so she came and rang our doorbell.

A long and irritating telephone exchange with Tesco Customer Service(!) then ensued.
In the end, we had to go to our neighbour’s house and collect the 76 items of shopping and cart them home in bags.
I think we’ll use the £25 refund to pay towards a nice lunch out today.

Good wishes and ? to kitty, Mick, Oldgaijin, the Gillys and all in the GM sickbay.
Have a good day all ?

DoraMarr Tue 21-Jan-20 08:42:14

Good morning from frosty Birmingham. I slept in this morning, so missed the sunrise. I had a very productive day yesterday giving my living room a really deep clean, and it looks great, even though you can’t really see the lovely clean floor and skirting board under the tv unit. But I know it’s there. I’m fired up to do my bedroom this morning.
Italian group this afternoon, then I am going to pick up my partner and go for a meal in a Portuguese restaurant with my youngest daughter, son- in - law and three year old grandaughter.
I hope everyone with problems has a better day today.

Alygran Tue 21-Jan-20 08:37:56

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s another beautiful clear morning.
Today DH would have been 67. He would have enjoyed a round of golf on such a lovely morning.
I’m off to pick up my cousin and head for Bowes Museum. We have annual passes for this year.
Sorry to hear so many are still poorly. Sending healing wishes.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Tue 21-Jan-20 08:35:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you’re feeeling better Mick but don’t run before you can walk. Another nice clear, very cold start in South Yorkshire. DH says our heating came on during the night, so it must have been very cold! School run later and tea with DD to celebrate her birthday, which is tomorrow, then DH is taking GS to watch his favourite team, Man City, play our team at home. I have told him that if he wants to shout for City, he has to mime it, silently, or grandad won’t buy him a sausage roll at half time!
Warm thoughts to all who are struggling. Have a good day folks.

Lins1066 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:33:44

Good Morning, thick frost again on the S Welsh coast.
Hope you feel better soon Mick.
.oldgaijin you are an amazing woman and fund raiser extraordinaire.
Have a good family get together Susan
Beast wishes to those with worries and illness.

ninathenana Tue 21-Jan-20 08:27:53

Good morning all.

Sunny and quiet a thick frost in Kent.
Usual Tuesday top up shop and coffee out this morning.
Have a good day everyone.