Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Tuesday

(9 Posts)
Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 20:17:24

We were there when this dust storm hit

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Australian_dust_storm

EllanVannin Tue 21-Jan-20 16:34:23

I've been in Sydney when it's hailed----and they hurt ! Also a row of cars on show/ the forefront had their windows smashed and tops of cars dented.
They do have extreme weather but this time it's been really bad.

rafichagran Tue 21-Jan-20 15:33:10

Posting .

rafichagran Tue 21-Jan-20 13:33:22

Good afternoon Rufus, pistin during lunch hour. The dust storm did look terrifying.

Mapleleaf Tue 21-Jan-20 12:05:45

That dust storm looked terrifying, Rufus. Your country is certainly suffering at the moment so I'm pleased to read that you are experiencing a much better day now. I hope that things are starting to calm down.

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 10:52:03

Ps I hope you kept out of the hail - scary!

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 10:50:52

grin

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 10:50:19

I think it was Dubbo, Rufus which is an agricultural region, so I hope it hasn't damaged crops.
I remember when dust storms approached Sydney years ago and another time in Queensland when the air turned orange!

Parasols look so elegant compared to an akubra with corks [frin]

Rufus2 Tue 21-Jan-20 10:36:10

So endeth a perfect day. I nearly said "another", but then remembered we haven't had too many lately as we lurched between fires (still ongoing in remote inaccessible mountainous areas), heavy damaging hail, flash floods. sad Today perfect, 25C no wind, no rain, no nothing really other than continuous sunshine. It's giving the SES volunteers a much-needed break. Tomorrow's forecast for 32C smile
It was nice today to see many parasols on display instead of umbrellas. Asian ladies are very careful to limit sun exposure, unlike local sheilas who wear practically nothing in full sun, but only health professionals complain! hmm
Of course ladies also wear face masks regularly especially following the bush fires.
By way of contrast, TV showed yesterday how a huge dust storm descended on a NSW town. I didn't catch the name, but it looked frightening; didn't look very healthy.
Have a good day.
OoRoo