Gransnet forums

Chat

Thomas Markle programme

(228 Posts)
pinkquartz Wed 22-Jan-20 23:07:34

He hasn't made much money though, nothing in at all in comparison to his daughter's wedding and everything else she wrangled out of this country!
He mad a tiny amount,
I imagine he was emotional....how can another grandparent not see this? he is an estranged father. Poor bloke.

Bellanonna Wed 22-Jan-20 23:05:00

He’s made a lot of money out of the media. I think he’s brought the problems of being hounded on himself. I didn’t like the way he came across and felt he was using a lot of emotive language. Just my opinion obviously.

Artdecogran Wed 22-Jan-20 22:59:02

All I can say is wow. My head is spinning with what I heard and saw. I did have sympathy for Harry and Meghan but hearing how Thomas was thrown to the wolves and left to fend for himself against the media onslaught has changed my opinion. He admitted to some lies but on the whole I thought he came across as a very sad old man, who had once upon a time had a close relationship with his beloved daughter. At the end of the programme where he commented on H & M leaving the royal family, I thought his summing up was accurate. This has all turned into a huge sorry mess hasn’t it.