Gransnet forums

Chat

Thomas Markle programme

(229 Posts)
Artdecogran Wed 22-Jan-20 22:59:02

All I can say is wow. My head is spinning with what I heard and saw. I did have sympathy for Harry and Meghan but hearing how Thomas was thrown to the wolves and left to fend for himself against the media onslaught has changed my opinion. He admitted to some lies but on the whole I thought he came across as a very sad old man, who had once upon a time had a close relationship with his beloved daughter. At the end of the programme where he commented on H & M leaving the royal family, I thought his summing up was accurate. This has all turned into a huge sorry mess hasn’t it.

MawB Fri 24-Jan-20 18:40:32

This may not of course apply to anybody contributing to this thread and I in no way condone TM’s view that he is entitled to financial support from his daughter.
But when he says “She owes me” I hear echoes of all those Grandparents who feel their AC owe them regular access to their grandchildren, regular visits, free access to their house, who feel entitled to judge or dictate how their DGC are brought up.
Entitlement can mean different things.

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 18:39:11

Ah the fucking RF. Should I stand up and hum God save whilst I type?

Oopsminty Fri 24-Jan-20 18:32:21

* It’s a right forum for fishwives isn’t it?*

Isn't this rather a derogatory term?

Fishwives?

Bit sexist?

Not sure who the fishwives are supposed to be either

DillytheGardener Fri 24-Jan-20 18:29:51

Why would you want to? And I don’t think a post where we speculate on the RF is a situation where you need to use that language. Grow up.

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 18:27:02

That's ok then I use fuck sometimes. I agree with Billy Connolly sometimes nothing else will do. I'm working on c**t but as you can see haven't got there yet.

DillytheGardener Fri 24-Jan-20 18:21:58

Goodness no need for the language on here. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face perhaps don’t say it at all. We can all have different opinions without it getting nasty.

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 18:10:43

Perhaps a little more information is needed about Ellen De Generes. She had a realy successful career and her own show when she came out as a lesbian. Her show was subsequently cancelled and she suffered newspaper condemnation. She came back as a talk show host and is an activist for animal protection. She is married to an actress.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 17:54:53

Thanks merlot let’s guess ‘I feel your pain ‘ , yuck.

Harvey Weinstein? Sure to be a film producer in S.A interviewing young girls for film roles.

merlotgran Fri 24-Jan-20 17:44:30

Well said trisher ...god! It’s a right forum for fishwives isn’t it?

Takes one to know one?

Look it's an article in a fucking paper

Oh well, If the cap fits. grin

merlotgran Fri 24-Jan-20 17:41:43

Annie. Ellen de Generes is an American chat show host.

Jabberwok Fri 24-Jan-20 17:37:40

Exactly JE. I find it hard to believe that after setting up the Invictus games (real suffering!) PH really believes this tale of woe?! Can only think that he's completely brain washed! What's happened to Oprah? Has she been binned?!

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 17:28:25

JenniferEccles I think you'll find rape isn't exclusively limited to Africa, ever heard of Harvey Weinstein?

JenniferEccles Fri 24-Jan-20 17:26:17

They had met young women in Africa who had had boxing lessons to enable them to fight off potential rapists.

No doubt they also saw real poverty ( unlike what some claim we have here ) yet STILL they deemed it appropriate to bleat on about how they were just existing not living. Unbelievable.

janipat Fri 24-Jan-20 17:20:48

^ It’s a right forum for fishwives isn’t it?^
Oh dear ???

trisher you said It's not necessary to have contact with someone to give advice. but it's not really "advice" is it unless the intended recipient actually gets to see or hear it? Surely that's just an opinion or even pontificating?

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 17:08:44

merlot who is Ellen ?

Jabberwok Fri 24-Jan-20 17:03:04

Pain and suffering?!! Oh please!! Surely that trip to Africa showed her real pain and suffering? If not, perhaps a visit to a cancer ward would open her eyes to how real people cope with pain and suffering. Poor stupid half brain Harry falling for all this rubbish from this manipulative woman. You can only feel sorry for him!

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 16:48:22

Yes it’s as believable as any article in a magazine, or not

Yehbutnobut Fri 24-Jan-20 16:23:59

Well said trisher ...god! It’s a right forum for fishwives isn’t it?

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 16:22:25

Look it's an article in a fucking paper it is as believable as anything else people say or claim, Whatever is the matter with people? Was she paid? I don't know. Was he paid for the programme ? I don't know. I do know he was paid for photos and a Good Morning interview. Have M& H read it? I don't know. Read the article and judge for yourself.

Yehbutnobut Fri 24-Jan-20 16:22:15

Pity so few on here do!

merlotgran Fri 24-Jan-20 16:21:28

Apparently Ellen de Generes understands Meghan's pain and suffering.

That's nice!

Yehbutnobut Fri 24-Jan-20 16:00:12

“I'll continue to do future things & get paid for it. Harry owes me. Meghan owes me. She promised to look after me in my senior years, I'm 75 & I deserve to get paid’.

That statement alone tells us what kind of 'father' he is.”

janipat Fri 24-Jan-20 15:47:16

trisher so his exwife knew that M+H would read the Metro article? Bit of a stretch, surely? Or else was she just making money out of the situation?

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 15:43:08

Yes she is a woman, I worked that out, are all divorcees kind
about their ex ?

She may be speaking the truth, she may not, did she give an interview to the media ?

trisher Fri 24-Jan-20 15:20:32

Ooopsminty follow the link, read the article. It's not necessary to have contact with someone to give advice. Really if you want a discussion I don't mind but I'm not going to hold your hand and read things for you.
He's someone whose ex wife says used cocaine and was abusive but hey she's a woman why would anyone listen to her?