Gransnet forums

Chat

How could I forget!

(6 Posts)
MamaCaz Sun 26-Jan-20 15:37:44

I forgot to clean my teeth too one day this last week. Like you, it was because my usual routine was interrupted, in my case by the earlier than expected arrival of 18 month old for a childminding session.
I suddenly realized that afternoon while stranded with my broken-down car (with dgd) waiting to be recovered. Realizing that your mouth doesn't taste fresh is bad enough, but it's even worse when you have over two and a half hours in a confined space to dwell on it!

midgey Sun 26-Jan-20 15:22:31

Went to visit my daughter last week and realised ( when I looked in her mirror) that I hadn’t combed my hair!

timetogo2016 Sun 26-Jan-20 15:19:10

No not just you.
I forget to turn taps/lights off.
Go back and check and sometimes I have done it.
Come to the conclusion as we get older we store too much info in our head to do or not do the normal things.

emmasnan Sun 26-Jan-20 15:11:11

No, don't worry, not just you!

I often forget basic things, especially if distracted.

Squiffy Sun 26-Jan-20 15:01:05

Wait for me Sunseeker! ???

sunseeker Sun 26-Jan-20 14:43:44

Like most people I have a daily routine - shower, brush teeth, get dressed, have breakfast, all more or less on automatic pilot

Today whilst preparing lunch I suddenly realised I hadn't brushed my teeth! In my defence my brother rang me just as I got out of the shower to update me on Mum who has been unwell (they live in a different country)

Does anyone else forget basic things like this?

Now excuse me - I'm off to look up the address of the nearest home for the bewildered!