Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(3 Posts)
DoraMarr Mon 27-Jan-20 17:37:04

Good evening! Curled up on the sofa watching the rain come down, and it’s pitch black. I’m glad my little grandaughter and I went to the park this morning while the sun briefly shone. Her parents collected her half an hour ago and I am surveying the wreckage.....Actually, she is pretty good about tidying up, and the wreckage is all the dishes to be loaded after we made pancakes for lunch and iced the cupcakes we made yesterday.
She is a joy to have around! I’m going to do my Italian homework later, and do a first draft of the piece I am writing for my writing group.
It was lovely to see catkins, grape hyacinths and snowdrops in the park, and the sharp green shoots of daffodils. (I live in Birmingham, next door to one of its largest parks.) Surely we deserve some sunny days now?

Megs36 Mon 27-Jan-20 17:08:10

Is it something you said Rufus??? Only ‘regulars’ still I guess.
Have a good day.

Rufus2 Mon 27-Jan-20 12:57:39

So that's it! Another long week-end finished and now it's a long wait 'till March for another one "Labour Day" public holiday! The ironic part is that shops never shut; the owners simply moan about paying double wage rates and reduce the number of staff accordingly.
Very quiet here today! Surprised to learn from my Chinese nurse (Shanghai) that fireworks are banned, in major cities at least, in China. Same here, except for certain major public displays. Lots of debate about the wisdom of letting the (famous) Sydney Harbour Bridge New Year's display take place at the height of the bush-fire crisis Fortunately no damage done apart from the nerves of those of nervous disposition. hmm
Talking of nervous dispositions, I notice an apparent increase in the number of new posters disappearing right after being welcomed. Or is my imagination at fault? confusedEven the "rats" seem to have abandoned ship all of a sudden. Surely S.S. Gransnet is not about to go under!?sad
Have a good day!
OoRoo