Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Jan-20 06:10:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold and dry outside this morning in Brackley .
Usual Housework , and then bus trips out, doing my social meets with some I have met through a bus route.
Coffees and shopping in a small amounts.
In both Buckingham ,and Bicester.
Mick

BlueSapphire Tue 28-Jan-20 09:17:01

Good morning all from a bright Northampton.
Just about to make a beef and lentil casserole for the slow cooker, then have a tidy up, and sort the cats out.
Early lunch then will try and get to a Health Walk, and then pick DGD up from school and give her tea before she goes to Brownies.
So sorry to hear about your DH, Gillybob and hope he feels better soon.
Best wishes to all.

NannyJan53 Tue 28-Jan-20 09:12:07

Thinking of you gilly, I hope your DH will be looked after and his much needed operation is done now flowers

GrannySomerset Tue 28-Jan-20 09:08:01

So sad to read Gilly’s post and hope things improve. We could all do with some good news, nobody more than Gilly.
Bright morning in North Somerset; cleaner will be here so some necessary sorting out to do. Car still expensively in the garage until at least tomorrow so will have to stay very local.

Off now to get DH up, washed, shaved and dressed but no need to hurry him.

harrigran Tue 28-Jan-20 08:59:08

Oh not again gillybob, I am so sorry. Take care of yourself too.

gma Tue 28-Jan-20 08:57:45

Lots of rain here during night here in Norwich, also cold and windy. We have a funeral of a neighbour to go to this morning. A nice elderly man aged 87 and been poorly for a long while. It’s at the local parish church and then a burial in churchyard. I don’t like funerals (who does?) and especially burials, just can’t look at a deep hole waiting for the coffin. Will stay at the back of the group. Cremation for me please when time comes (not yet thankyou) I will be glad when it’s over
Hope you all have a happier morning!

Anniebach Tue 28-Jan-20 08:57:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Auntieflo Tue 28-Jan-20 08:56:22

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
Today has started off bright and sunny again, but Sunday and Monday started like that. Then the rain started later and pounded down. Cheerful soul that I am.

Gilly I was sorry to hear of your DH setback, but hope and pray that he can be fixed soon. He has done so well, especially when you said he had been for a little walk recently. {{{hugs}}}.

We are supposed to be visiting our Sis in Law at the weekend, but have been told she is unwell, so we may not go. I am feeling down about that, but there is time, yet, and she may feel up to a visit in a few days. ?

Sending best wishes to Dragonfly, Oldgaijin, Marydoll, and all those who are unwell at the moment.
Have a good day one and all.

Mommawolf Tue 28-Jan-20 08:52:02

GILLYBOB my thoughts and prayers are with. Take care.

Mommawolf Tue 28-Jan-20 08:47:47

Goodmorning all from a cold and very wet Norfolk lots of rain overnight. A busy day planned shopping and sorting out the cottage for our friends who are arriving today. Hope you soon feel better SARK and the hospital goes well MARYDOLL, we need some sunshine to cheer people up. Have a good day everyone

vena11 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:40:23

Gillybob flowers thinking of you . x

lavenderzen Tue 28-Jan-20 08:40:03

Good morning all. Snowing here with more to come looking at the heavy skies.
Take care everyone, thinking of those who are poorly and have worries.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jan-20 08:38:39

Gilly sorry I missed your post. Fingers crossed he’s better soon.?

Lins1066 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:38:31

Hope that your DH is better soon gilly, take care and thinking of you.

vena11 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:38:25

Good Morning All a lovely morning here in Bristol.
Did not manage a walk yesterday because of the rain, so hopefully manage a long one today.
Beechnut and Gingster I saw The Favourite at the cinema and I did not like it.
I hope all have a peaceful day.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jan-20 08:36:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A frosty start in South Yorkshire but no snow here thank goodness. Dread the stuff! A bit of shopping this morning and then the second school run. GS is running tonight so there will no doubt be a lot of last minute chivvying him to eat his tea and to find his kit, which will be right under his nose! Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Tue 28-Jan-20 08:35:27

Thinking of you and your husband, Gillybob. sad

Lins1066 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:33:32

Good morning Mick and all from a cold and icy S Wales.
We had everything weather wise last night, heavy rain, hail and thunder and lightening.
DH visited both A&E and the GP yesterday, he has two lots of strong antibiotics. DS had to leave work to drive him, he's a good egg.
Nothing planned today.
Have a good Tuesday.

Pantglas2 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:31:52

Fingers crossed Gillybob that it’s something they can fix quickly and he’s back with you soon x

gillybob Tue 28-Jan-20 08:29:55

Good morning from the NE coast.

My DH was very poorly on Sunday and was rushed back into hospital in the early hours of Monday following my 999 call.

Nothing much more to say right now.

Thinking of those who are unwell.

Love Gillybob x

Pantglas2 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:28:03

Morning all from a now dry and bright north Wales where we too had torrential rain in the night.

I’ve seen 1917 Gingster and wasn’t overly impressed but I’m not really into war films so not the best person to ask. I’m off to see ‘Sorry we missed you’ this evening with DD as DH not a fan of what he calls my social conscience films! Will treat us to fish and chip supper as well to save me cooking!

Looks like the sick bay is emptying gradually although Ginny42 looks like she’s forming an orderly queue for the next admissions! Hope it doesn’t develop Ginny!

Have a good day everyone x

NannyJan53 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:24:36

Good Morning from a bright and very cold Black Country.

Meeting friends in Birmingham today for brunch. Then I may have a mooch round the shops later, before catching train home before the rush hour!

Wishing everyone a good day, especially gilly Oldgaijin dragonfly and Mary and anyone else feeling down or poorly.

Grammaretto Tue 28-Jan-20 08:18:32

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The fields are white with frost but no snow yet.
I have catching up to do after the visitor filled weekend. I think we overdid it. DH is still asleep which is unheard of. His DM phoned to ask after him!
Sending best wishes to corner , to MaryDoll , Gilly, Oldgaijin and all who are struggling.

DoraMarr Tue 28-Jan-20 08:18:16

Good morning from Birmingham, where there is a lovely morning sky, with high clouds and a touch of gold still on the eastern horizon. I’ll have a walk in the park while it is still dry, then after lunch I’ll take my car for a service. I’m hoping it won’t need new rear tyres just yet.
I was reminiscing with my three year old grandaughter while waiting for my coffee yesterday, as I had lifted her up to watch the barista at work. “I used to use a coffee machine like that when I worked in a cafe in Rome.” I said. “Perhaps when you grow up you will live in a different country.” “ Yes,” she said, holding me tighter, “but will you come with me?”

harrigran Tue 28-Jan-20 08:14:36

Good morning from a cold and windy NE.
Awaiting a delivery today so will probably stay at home.
I have been watching quite a lot of Netflix this winter, watched the complete season of Messiah over the weekend.
Waiting for news of cousin who was admitted to hospital for the third time in a week.
Best wishes to all on the sick list.

Susan56 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:10:21

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Had a lot of rain overnight but seems to have stopped now.
I am going for afternoon tea with our eldest daughter today.
Have a good day everyone.