Gransnet forums

Chat

Regular poster seems to be missing - am I allowed to ask after her?

(95 Posts)
fatgran57 Wed 29-Jan-20 06:12:56

Often read posts from BradfordLass72 and enjoy them very much. Haven't seen any posts from her for several days, hope she is alright.

Sorry if this is out of order don't mean to upset anyone.

love0c Sat 08-Feb-20 09:06:16

What have I missed?? Gonegirl banned?????? I am wondering what on earth she can have posted. There are some posters on here who should be banned, or at least given a yellow card.

Megs36 Fri 07-Feb-20 23:29:58

Luckylegs, guess you could be right, not sure ‘other opinions ‘ always appreciated! ??

Luckylegs Fri 07-Feb-20 22:35:53

Hello and thanks to Megs36 and Callistemon again. I think it’s perhaps because we don’t post continually, we’re polite and careful in any replies and don’t try and rock the boat so we don’t make any impact whatsoever. And in real life, I’m very opinionated and friendly and memorable, I hope but I’ve been shocked sometimes at the vitriol and contempt shown on here sometimes so I’m wary.

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 15:15:22

I might have considered changing my name to organicviogniergran but that's even more difficult to spell than Callistemon!

endlessstrife Fri 07-Feb-20 15:08:57

I read something from Gabriella the other day. Can’t remember where though, sorry.

merlotgran Fri 07-Feb-20 15:08:49

I'm rubbish at spotting returning posters but I doubt *Gonegirl/Elastic/Lucy will risk tipping me off again. grin

I don't mind being a decoy though if anyone else needs to slip under the wire. grin

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 15:05:15

Luckylegs I was going to say I am diagonally opposite to you but then realised my geography was askew.

I'm on the west side too but further down and probably further west.

axxliz Fri 07-Feb-20 15:04:02

Happy Birthday, Bradfordlass. Hope your eyes feel better soon. xx

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 15:02:58

I forgot that Gonegirl was also elastic.
Perhaps Boomerang could be a good name if she comes back!

I cannot understand why she remains banned when there are some other posters on here who post with impunity.

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 14:59:52

I did argue with Gabriella but also thought some of her posts were hilarious.

Marydoll Fri 07-Feb-20 14:56:38

I also miss Gabriella I didn't always agree with her, and was sometimes shocked at how forthright she was.
However, I liked the fact that she didn't pretend to be something she wasn't.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Feb-20 14:01:54

JenniferEccles you have hit the nail on the head, she did not hide the fact that she was "comfortably off" , and some posters used that against her.

JenniferEccles Fri 07-Feb-20 13:37:05

It’s a pity not everyone did or she would still be here.

My guess is a lot of the nastiness stemmed from jealousy.
It’s the only explanation I can think of.

Oopsminty Fri 07-Feb-20 13:32:29

Oh I liked Gabriella as well

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Feb-20 13:30:45

I miss GabriellaG54, didn’t always agree with her, but wish she was still posting.

JenniferEccles Fri 07-Feb-20 13:27:44

The one I miss more than anyone is Gabriella.

She left after being on the receiving end of a lot of nastiness from some posters.

It is a great shame as she was so interesting. Controversial at times yes, but her contributions were never boring.

Atqui Fri 07-Feb-20 13:16:16

I suppose she contravened GN rules by reregistering as Elastic when she’d been banned., and those of us who didn’t cotton on asked if she was Jings.She used to be quite caustic but livened things up!

merlotgran Fri 07-Feb-20 13:01:15

That thread where elastic aka Gonegirl thought she was sending me a pm when she was actually 'outing' herself on the thread was the funniest thing that's been on Gransnet for a very long time.

As usual, she sent herself up when she realised her mistake and we all had a good laugh.

So....once again she's been banned for what???

There are some posters on here lately who happily disrupt light hearted threads by bullying opinions and personal attacks.

As far as I know they get a mild rap of the knuckles and just carry on. hmm

Megs36 Fri 07-Feb-20 10:31:40

Hi Lucky, had to laugh at you feeling sorry for yourself! Me too, Hardly ever, been acknowledged either except by one person (you know who you are ?)
Is it something we say, can’t be what we look like.
Good luck ?

Nannylovesshopping Fri 07-Feb-20 10:13:31

Hi Luckylegs sorry I got your location wrong, wonder who lives on the edge of Dartmoor who’s posts I’ve liked ? your part of the world is gorgeous too, hope you have a good day, it’s freezing and sunny and beautiful here in Essex.

Luckylegs Fri 07-Feb-20 09:56:00

Hello to Doodle, Nannylovesshopping and Callistemon!! Thanks for noticing. I’m in the north west of England, a beautiful part of the country. Good day to everyone.

Maggiemaybe Fri 07-Feb-20 08:15:22

She did.... Unfortunately she outed herself by explaining who she was on an open thread when she thought she was sending a pm.

Since then she’s been, as far as I know and as merlot says, Goneagain. grin

Marydoll Fri 07-Feb-20 07:53:08

She had another user name after Gonegirl, then GN cottoned on. ....Or did I imagine that? ?

NanKate Fri 07-Feb-20 07:09:56

Yes Mum.

mumofmadboys Fri 07-Feb-20 06:47:10

Is gonegirl a reincarnation of jings??