Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Feb-20 06:10:53

Good Morning Everyone,
dark outside this morning, but with fog and ground frost here in Brackley.
Went to Northampton yesterday on the bus, which took me through some the county's villages to the south east of the county town.
Today my Buckingham and Bicester bus trips.
I enjoy this journey as I have got to talk to others on the bus very sociable.
Mick

Applegran Thu 06-Feb-20 11:52:46

Good morning everyone from a sunny and bright Cornwall! Will wrap up well and go for a walk soon. Yesterday a lovely neighbour gave me Reiki for my arthritic shoulder and I think it really helped - wonderful! Later we go out to lovely Boscastle Farm shop and cafe for our lunch - views of the sea, good food at reasonable prices and nice people. Its so good you have to book most days. I hope everyone has the best day they can.

lavenderzen Thu 06-Feb-20 11:31:55

Good morning all. Clear and bright here but very chilly in Derbyshire.
Hope everyone has a good day and those with illness and worries begin to feel better.

BladeAnnie Thu 06-Feb-20 11:06:40

Good morning all from a lovely clear and cold mid-Notts. Our beautiful elderly kitty is off the vets later with poorly ears. He's put up with this forever and I'm sure he's resigned to it being part of his life he has to endure. All in a cat's stride!! Have a good day everyone and special thoughts to our friends with troubles of any kind x

Bellasnana Thu 06-Feb-20 11:06:28

It’s actually just afternoon here in Malta so I’m very late today. I languished in bed until nearly 10.30 since I’d nothing pressing for which to get up. I feel so guilty though. My late DH would have had a fit if he had known how lazy I would become without him around.

Anyway, I’ve been up to the shop, the weather is lovely and sunny but not overly warm.

I will get on with the ironing when I’ve had my coffee.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible.sunshine

Megs36 Thu 06-Feb-20 10:33:42

Pantglas - love sparrow fart time? Good luck in the hip department for your husband.
Dragon fly also good luck, my husband’s last visit to oncologist was in October, she doesn’t wanted to see see him again (nearly five years), how un friendly is that!!???!!Hope your visit is encouraging, you always seem so uncomplaining. Best wishes to all others.

Willynilly Thu 06-Feb-20 10:10:20

Good morning Mick et al from a bright East Mids. More Spring cleaning today hmm. Oh well, it keeps me off the streets as my dad used to say grin.
I hope all goes well for Dragonfly and the DH of Pantglas. Gilly I so hope you get some kind of resolution to your ongoing medical problems soon.
Have a good day folks, whatever you’re doing.

moggie Thu 06-Feb-20 09:41:24

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright Nottingham.
Catch up day at home after my 2 days at work.
Welcome Taichinan
Best wishes for your DH hip op Pantglas & your appointment Dragonfly Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your op annsixty.
Thoughts with gillybob & DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Kalu Thu 06-Feb-20 09:40:22

Good morning from a chilly Glasgow.

Hairdressers today, always makes me feel a bit more human?

Collected GD2 aged 10 from school yesterday. She did a double take, saw me, shot down the stairs and came out with a huge grin as she came running to meet me. Gives me such a lift every time. I always take cakes whenever I go to DDs and yesterday it was Portuguese tarts. Always a winner.

I loved playing hockey, all through school and later for a Glasgow club, L******e Ladies. Nothing ladylike on the pitch?. Happy days.

Hope you get the go ahead for tomorrow Dragonfly?

Your bus journey sounds more like a social get together Mick. How nice to meet up regularly with other passengers and chat away on your journey?

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day

vena11 Thu 06-Feb-20 09:31:09

Good morning all from a frosty Bristol.
Very late start this morning ,I could not believe the time. Best wishes to your DH Pantglas with his op. Dragonfly hope all goes well, I will be thinking of you, you are more than half way through, its such a long road, its 4 years today since I started on that road.
Welcome to all new GN and take care everyone.

harrigran Thu 06-Feb-20 09:15:57

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH has a GP appointment this afternoon, should be interesting as he is still crippled with back pain.
Potential buyer viewed the property yesterday and seemed quite keen.

annsixty Thu 06-Feb-20 09:13:16

I thought it was Chinese at first glance.?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 06-Feb-20 09:12:13

Goodmorning Mick and All x

Bright and frosty here in SE Essex, I hope the sun stays around as I feel so much better with sun as opposed to gloomy grey sky.

pantglas hope your husbands op is successful.

dragonfly I hope your oncologist is happy for your chemo to go ahead tomorrow.

Welcome Taichinan

The cleaners let us down yesterday (long story) so I will have to reacquaint myself with the vacuum????

Keep safe and out of trouble

MawB Thu 06-Feb-20 09:12:10

Good morning all from a bright and frosty morning in N Bucks.(Time to go round a mulberry bush or two?)
Well done Marydoll- I am sure you tried to resist your DH when he dragged you into that shop, but resistance is so often futile.
I have a class reps’ meeting then my afternoon class in Bedford today but after a very poor night’s sleep am making a late start.
Sorry to hear you are still suffering so Gillybob and sending many positive vibes to Dragonfly for “all systems go” tomorrow.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Feb-20 09:04:25

Welcome, Taichinan ?

Pittcity Thu 06-Feb-20 09:01:18

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Much scraping of cars this morning.
Everyone is out this morning so I am having a blitz. Filled the dishwasher and washing machine with stuff found in DS's bedroom and have let the robot vacuum loose in there.
Will get out in the garden later.
I was a hockey girl at school but now play walking netball.

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 09:01:14

Oh Marydoll I love it! Thank you for being as slow as me this morning hehe!

gillybob Thu 06-Feb-20 08:57:11

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry start to Thursday.

My face and nose have been so painful overnight I didn’t know what to do with myself. That coupled with DH up and down every 20 minutes or so, we are a right pair .

I hope your oncologist gives the go ahead for your chemo tomorrow dragonfly and that it all goes okay. Then it will be another one over with for you.

Good luck with your DH’s hip op Pantglas.....sounds like he’s entering a dance competition and not having surgery.

Welcome to the friendly Good Morning thread Taichinan it’s good to have you (and other recent newbies) join us. My son is 40 this year and I am 58 ...oh dear... smile

Watch out for that man up the tree Marydoll we don’t want any more additions to the sick and injured lists !

How terrible QuaintIrene and so sad two people might’ve been killed . We had a similar thing happen in our town recently .

Well I’m off to “that place” in a few minutes, might be seeing DD and little Evie later. I do hope so as she really cheers DH (and me) up.

I hope Thursday is reasonably kind to us all.

Love Gillybob x

Anniebach Thu 06-Feb-20 08:53:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Thu 06-Feb-20 08:51:33

Good morning everyone from a very bright and frosty Northampton. Slept in this morning which is very unusual for me.
Had an hour or so in the garden yesterday and sorted out a tangled and overgrown honeysuckle. Only had to stop once I realised I had filled both garden waste bins. Thank goodness they are being emptied today. A good health walk in the afternoon followed by coffee and a good chat.
Sainsbury's delivery this morning and ballet class after lunch, then pick DGD up from school.
I now want a Portuguese custard tart, Beechnut! First had them on holiday in Portugal 20 years ago. Now our Sainsbury's and most supermarkets sell them.
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Auntieflo Thu 06-Feb-20 08:48:41

Good morning Michael, Annie to come , and all others.
We have woken to a misty, moisty, morning here, so hope it lifts later.
I want to clear out some of my cookery books later, and I'm aiming for just one shelf full, not two. Then my sewing room will be up for a sort out. Hmm, I can see some procrastination coming.
Thought our heating had broken last evening. DH said he was getting chilly, and when we looked at the controller, it just had a blank screen. Eventually we realised that the switch, in the cupboard, had got turned off. Phew, no big repair bill. Although I was beginning to think we had a gremlin in the house, interfering with all things electrical.
Physio this afternoon, and a trip to the garden centre to cheer me up. DH is volunteering, so I shall be able to mooch to my heart's content.
Best wishes to the Gillybob's and to Dragonfly and to all those who are unwell.
I used to be a shooter in netball, and hated hockey. Broke my wrist once. My own fault, I was running backwards and tripped over my stick. (And, we had a martinet of agames teacher)
Have a good day one and all.
Apologies for the ramblings.

Greyduster Thu 06-Feb-20 08:35:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and frosty in South Yorkshire this morning. I have to take some books back to the library this morning and then some cooking to do this afternoon to get rid of some things that have been sitting in the fridge shouting “eat me!”
Fingers crossed for your DH Pantglas. Have the best day you can folks.

annsixty Thu 06-Feb-20 08:33:19

Good morning all from a frosty Stockport.
Just popping in to send best wishes to Dragonfly, I hope it goes better this session, and to Pantglas's H for his hip op.
I am waiting very impatiently for mine.
I was told February but haven't even had an appt for a pre-op yet.

Marydoll Thu 06-Feb-20 08:31:09

I thought it was Gaelic! ?

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 08:29:31

Morning Taichinan it’s good to have you join us!
?
Must be slow this morning as when I saw your name my first thought was ‘is it some Scottish take on a grandma?’ then I took my time ... tai. Chi. nan. Duh!

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 08:23:43

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry. Seems chilly though.

I have a wash and blow booked at the hair salon over the road, then on to an independent cafe for lunch with a lady who was widowed last Easter. She really struggled the first six months bless and we have become good friends.

Hope you get good news today from your oncologist dragonfly. And that your husband’s hip op goes well Pantglas - bet he can’t believe the day has finally arrived.

Hope the gillybobs managed a better sleep last night and that Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

p.s. I was a lacrosse girl. ?