Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Feb-20 06:10:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley with frost and fog as well.
Typical Friday, shop, lunch , watch Cycling on TV , and wait for the weekend .
Which I ma hoping will be Ok on Saturday, but looks changeable from then.
Mick

hulahoop Fri 07-Feb-20 14:26:15

I never seem to get on iPad until after lunch hope everyone having a good day dragonfly hope they find a vein mine were very hard to find still are at times best wishes to all who are unwell . It is still very cold in West Yorkshire but very bright .we are stuck in waiting for sky engineer to come we are usually last on list ?

Nannytopsy Fri 07-Feb-20 12:04:25

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Only just morning!
I am sorry to hear about your cat Jaan 12 - ours is a similar age and will leave a hole when he goes.
The stump grinder has been to give us his quote and DH has gone off to get his ulcer dressed. I am waiting for the wiped down paintwork to dry so that I can start painting. I keep finding other things to do ?
Hope today is kind to everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 07-Feb-20 11:39:54

May I add a Good Day to all our " newbies ". The more the merrier. I keep missing people.
A great thread to just speak as you feel.

A speedy recovery to Mr Pantglas too, having only just read about his hospital stay.

No use telling Marydoll to take it easy smile Hope you get sorted at the chemist though. They'll get it right one day.

Applegran Fri 07-Feb-20 11:34:58

Good morning everyone! Cornwall is a little damp and grey this morning - but still beautiful. And I'm feeling glad that a thread I began on Ramdom Acts of Kindness is getting lots of responses and lovely heart warming stories. Kindness is inbuilt in humans - more important than many of the ideas about 'success' in life - predictable that Gransnetters are responding with such warmth.

Urmstongran Fri 07-Feb-20 11:34:22

Birthday wishes to you IreneLily and many happy returns.
??
‘Hello and welcome’ Glambat and annetifney ... I sound like the late David Frost there!
??

Jaan12 Fri 07-Feb-20 11:33:49

Good morning from Fife. Frost covering everything this morning but the sunshine is helping to clear it. Bad news here as unfortunately the vet advised putting my cat to sleep yesterday. She had been with me since a kitten and was 16 and developed a heart problem causing fluid on the lungs. The house feels very empty without her.

Glambat Fri 07-Feb-20 11:25:26

Morning all from a newbie in Gloucestershire......sunny but pretty chilly. Excited today about having a new fire surround & fire fitted ( how sad am I ?), been in my house since Sept and gradually trying to make it ‘ mine ‘. Have a good w/end all.

ann678tifney Fri 07-Feb-20 11:19:50

Morning Everyone, have been following this thread for a while and have decided its time I posted. I am also from the NE and it was very foggy when I left for work, but clear now just cold. Another one with very little sleep last night due to our very inconsiderate neighbour who likes blasting her music all night, so with only 2 hours sleep its going to be a long day at work. My husband who has a lot of medical problems is very stressed over it all, and he doesn't do well with no sleep, hopefully it doesn't cause his angina to play up, as stress does cause it to. Hope everyone who isn't very well, starts to feel better soon.

Irenelily Fri 07-Feb-20 10:57:00

Oh Teagranny welcome! Does the 1966 indicate your birth year? Horrors - my youngest daughter was born that year! She was obviously a late starter as her boys are 10 and 12!!
That makes me really old - have just had a VERY big birthday, but mostly keep healthy for which I give thanks!
I love this group and read the posts every day - rarely post myself - but think you are a lovely group of people - keep it up!!!

Mapleleaf Fri 07-Feb-20 10:47:01

Good morning everyone,

It was very foggy earlier but is clearing well now and the sun keeps making an attempt to get out.

I need to pop into the garden shortly to anchor a few trees that are in pots to something sturdy so they don't blow over in the expected gales. At the moment, it's the calm before the storm.

Welcome, Teagranny1966 and congratulations on getting your new job. I hope it all goes well.

Marydoll what an excellent idea your GD and her fiancé have had - such good causes. Don't overdo things today!

Gillybob, I hope today brings you and DH some respite.

Dragonfly, I hope all goes well today and that the hospital can find a vein for the line.

Pantglas, that's good news about your DH, and here's hoping that he is allowed home on Sunday.

momb enjoy Glencoe - it's beautiful there, but stay safe and heed the forecast. ?

I hope everyone has a good day.

NanKate Fri 07-Feb-20 10:29:39

Teagranny welcome to one of the best threads on GN. Such lovely kind people here who really care.

Mary your Pharmacy must be vert low on TripAdvisor. How many times have they messed up your meds, or is it the Docs at faulty ?

Kalu Fri 07-Feb-20 10:20:01

Good morning from a frosty but sunny Glasgow.

Busy getting organised as we are going up to our But n Ben in Perthshire for the weekend just to check all is as it should be.

Best wishes to all who are struggling, hoping your day gets better as it goes on. Have a pleasant day.

Marydoll Fri 07-Feb-20 10:14:48

Pantglas, glad to hear all went well. ?

Now sitting in chemist, while they phone the doctor. Mix up with meds again! I'm loving this 'quiet' time!
I may just stay here. ?

NumNum Fri 07-Feb-20 10:00:32

Bonjour everyone from a sunny but cold and frosty France.

Floor washing planned for today as the weather's lovely and I can keep all the (6) dogs outside for while - then they can come back inside and mess it all up again!!!

Homemade fish n chips tonight and then relax in front of TV - it's been a very busy week! Looking forward to the rugby this weekend and I hope the weather is kind to those of you out and about.

Special wishes to all who need them at the moment.

harrigran Fri 07-Feb-20 09:44:57

Good morning from a cold, misty NE.
We will be staying at home today after DH's GP appointment yesterday knocked the stuffing out of him.
Will do some light housework and catch up on TV.
Thinking of the gillybobs and all who are poorly.

Auntieflo Fri 07-Feb-20 09:40:06

Good morning *Michael, Annie, and all others.
Woken to a very frosty outlook, so glad we don't have to go out until lunchtime. DH is volunteering and I am meeting an old work colleague for a light lunch, and lots of chat.
Marydoll, slow down! and have a bit of a rest. Some chance!
I am sorry to hear of the problems with you arm Dragonfly, and when I read of the difficulties some of you face, I feel lucky that I only had to have radiotherapy after my lumpectomy.
Gillybob, sending best wishes to you and your DH. I don't know how you manage to sound cheerful, but you keep on going through it all. {{{hugs}}}

To all those who are going through bad times, sending positive vibes.
Have a good day one and all.

Marydoll Fri 07-Feb-20 09:35:04

Thanks Roses. Same old meds, just higher doses. I do have a sore throat and blinding headache, perhaps I have a bug.Like all things in life, it will pass! Sitting docs, reading GN. It's bliss no bridezilla texts, yet! . ?

vena11 Fri 07-Feb-20 09:32:35

Good Morning from a dry Bristol.
Pantglas I am glad all went well.
dragonfly thinking of you , its a pity they did not give you a Picc line to start with . thinking of you flowers
Sorry you had a bad night Marydoll
Gillybob you are amazing flowers
Welcome to all new people.
Have a peaceful day everyone.

Harris27 Fri 07-Feb-20 09:30:46

Good morning from a cold ne. Taking over from gillybobs and glad it’s Friday! Had a couple of busy weekends previously but hope to relax more on this one. Hate food shopping but a chore that has to be done so will do that tomorrow and stay in hopefully rest of weekend catching up on chores. Have a good Friday all.

Roses Fri 07-Feb-20 09:24:31

good morning everyone I just wanted to say to MARYDOLL that certain medication can give you horrendous nightmares. I know you have had trouble getting your meds right but if you've started on a new one it could be that. Xx

Pantglas2 Fri 07-Feb-20 09:20:58

A frosty morning all from Gobowen and thank you so, so much for your best wishes for DH - this thread is so cockles-of-the-heartwarming when you’re trying to be a big girl and hold things together!

The op went well and he was back on the ward late pm, bantering with the nurses, so already on the mend! Hoping to bring him home on Sunday- he’ll be bored silly by then!

So many on here are going through their own tough times and still take the trouble to wish others well in whatever they’re up to - good, middling or bad, and that’s why I love it.

You’re the bestest people I know flowers - thank you x

Lins1066 Fri 07-Feb-20 09:13:12

Good morning Mick and all.
WelcomeTeagranny1066
What a lovely thing for your DD and prospective sil to do Mary.
Hope you feel better soon dragonfly.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 07-Feb-20 09:03:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Fri 07-Feb-20 09:00:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Freezing and very foggy in South Yorkshire this morning. I have been awake since five and at least now you can actually see across the road! We are having lunch and a big catch up today with a friend we haven’t seen for a while.
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling and a warm welcome to new folks!

moggie Fri 07-Feb-20 08:56:50

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, chilly Nottingham.
Asda delivery done. Zumba gold class this morning.
Lovely day y’day went on bike ride with DH.
Welcome Teagranny1966 good luck in your new job.
Hope there’s no more road accidents quaintIrene.
Thoughts with gillybob & DH, Dragonfly & Marydoll, pantglas DH.
Lovely & thoughtful wedding favours marydoll
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.