Gransnet forums

Chat

It’s offical

(9 Posts)
Teetime Sun 09-Feb-20 12:17:26

I do that too but shout' Look Out'...males them jump.smile

Moocow Sun 09-Feb-20 12:06:08

Hetty58 I did that once as I was having a particularly painful day so feeling a little grumpy and moving wasn't easy. Sadly the teen just knocked into me with their heavy rucksack, resulting in me having to go to physiotherapy. However it helped me with a long suffering problem quicker, as I became an urgent case!

vampirequeen Sun 09-Feb-20 11:53:19

Brilliant grin

Yehbutnobut Sun 09-Feb-20 10:49:16

?

timetogo2016 Sun 09-Feb-20 10:43:39

With you 100% Hetty58.

Hetty58 Sun 09-Feb-20 10:35:54

I tend to stop and just stand still. No way am I dodging out of the way for other people. I smile at them or have a giggle too. (They don't like that.)

I particularly hate cyclists speeding by, overtaking me on the pavement. What if I just happened to change walking direction?

fourormore Sun 09-Feb-20 10:29:46

grin Love it Hildagard I have the same problem with cyclists riding on the pavement and also groups of two or more people walking towards me on a narrow pavement expecting me to step off into the road so that they can continue their chat. (Sadly not always youngsterssad)
Can't stop smiling at the reaction you got though grin

Barmeyoldbat Sun 09-Feb-20 10:28:19

Good for you.

Hildagard Sun 09-Feb-20 10:10:30

It’s offical I have joined the rank of ‘Grumpy Old Woman’. One of my pet hates is anyone walking along looking at their phone, so engrossed, they have no regard for any other pedestrians. So, yesterday, teenager walking towards me, as above, what did I do? Continued walking towards them and let them get really close before I said loudly, Boo! result, swearing then apologies maybe a lesson learnt, if not it did give me a laugh