Gransnet forums

Chat

Are there any brands you’d like to see Gransnet work with?

(72 Posts)
LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Feb-20 11:26:30

At GNHQ, we’d love to be able to partner and work with brands that you want to see on site - whether that’s as helpful content, research, product testing or competitions.

What would really help is understanding the brands or types of products you’d most like to see us work with. If you could share any brands or specific products that come to mind with us below, we’ll get in touch with them and try and make it happen. This could mean content from brands you like, special offers or discounts for Gransnet users, the opportunity to test a product or service, or to share your opinion on what the brand is doing.

Thanks very much!
GNHQ

finemang Wed 29-Apr-20 12:14:31

recyclable, ecofriendly , against animal cruelty

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 23:42:10

Personally, I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to shop in Primark.

CherryCezzy Tue 24-Mar-20 21:52:05

Brands that are ethical, environmentally friendly & sustainable are tie ins I'd like to see. British/UK brands would be good too.

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:50:18

L'Occitane hand cream offers and home pedicure treats and tools.

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:30:05

Missadventurefalls
Do you mean Revolution the beauty brand?

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:20:48

Yes. M&S clothing, some of their make-up brands such as Pixi toner and neck and decolletage cream.
Blind comparisons (in pots which cannot be identified by shape or colour) between Aldi's Lacura beauty brand and more expensive brands such as Clinique and Elemis.
Nightwear offers.

flowersfromheaven Tue 24-Mar-20 20:58:29

Shampoo's and conditioners.

Esspee Fri 28-Feb-20 07:43:48

The menopause magnet is one product I would like to see Gransnet dissociate with.
It only works as a placebo but by featuring it you give the scam respectability.

fevertree Sun 23-Feb-20 08:14:03

Discount brands such as Treatwell or Wowcher (there are others).

Gaunt47 Sat 22-Feb-20 15:49:04

I've loved reading this thread - I was expecting demands for product testing and data and discounts on perhaps mobility aids or kitchen appliances for those of us with stiff fingers. Instead there are many suggestions regarding fashion and make up smile
I do agree with the posters who want to lobby M&S, the brand needs to forget trying to appeal to the 18-30 year olds who have so many other stores to shop in, and remember us stylish oldies!

Jane10 Sat 22-Feb-20 11:38:38

The Oldie magazine for the thinking older person.

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 12:56:47

More vouchers, less hot sell!

Pittcity Wed 19-Feb-20 20:21:14

Blinds and curtains as mine have seen better days.

Missadventurefalls Wed 19-Feb-20 17:18:27

W7 makeup and revolution

Grannyjay Tue 18-Feb-20 12:30:03

Great comment PernillaVanilla. I actually put a complaint to the advertisers who I’m yet to get a reply. I think the National Incontinence Association had complained about these adverts. Especially the one with the young mothers and were asked to put a note on their adverts to seek help which they did but I think it’s been removed. We need more people to complain and more information for those needing help.

PernillaVanilla Tue 18-Feb-20 09:08:09

I visited the women's health phisio at our local hospital last year. as I work in care and incontinence is a big issue in ageing
I asked her if some of the people in their 80's and 90's that we support might benefit if they were to see her. She told me that she has a 90% success rate and that diligently doing the exercises she prescribed had worked for her oldest patient who was 92. Tena etc just seem to promote a mindset that incontinence is something that nothing can be done about.

Grannyjay Mon 17-Feb-20 15:49:47

I would like to see them work with those incontinence companies proclaiming to care about women who suffer with bladder control. They need to let women know it’s not a normal thing to have to live with and buy these polluting products which are harmful to the planet. Of course I cannot see that happening as Tena ladies want to continue to promote their little moment products continually rather than go to the doctors to get treatment. Please don’t say this doesn’t work as it does in many cases.

libra10 Mon 17-Feb-20 14:43:46

Pet foods and products
M & S
Kitchen gadgets, whether worth buying
Dunelm mill
High Street stores

chris8888 Mon 17-Feb-20 14:38:56

Elemis - for a bit of luxury - especially their hand cream I always ask for it for Mothers Day smile
Aldi/Lidi - they have some decent bargains and their make-up is good.
Tena - £2.40 for 10 pads is a crazy price

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 15-Feb-20 14:13:20

Trailback range would be nice, plus i don’t mind single handedly testing Champagne and it’s hangovers, if any ( TBH it doesn’t give me a hangover ) I am willing to test all brands.

I offer myself up..........

Maxblank Sat 15-Feb-20 12:48:36

Clothing companies.

Most of us also have health issues, so why not health companies... Joint supports, or vitamins/supplements,

I'm willing.tompriduct test rolators, just not the red 3/4wheeled ones with a seat on top of the basket, generally used by really.old.folk! There are so.many nice ones out there.

Hearing aid companies or hearing support.

Hetty58 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:00:01

quizqueen and Delila, how would you suggest that the site gains an income without advertising? I like the competitions and I'd love to be a product tester. I've turned off the ads, though as I find them irritating.

Hutcho Sat 15-Feb-20 07:31:39

comfortable and stylish clothes and shoe brands such as
toast, seasalt, gudrun sjodren, charles clinkard, hotter, joseph seibel, peruvian connection, gap, boden and hush
creams and lotions without too many chemicals
makeup
cookware
food and healthy eating
art shops
theatres
cinemas
bookshops
newspapers and magazines
financial planning

ExperiencedNotOld Fri 14-Feb-20 17:56:55

Some nice clothing for the more generously sized woman would be nice. But other than that anything reasonable that’ll pay you!!

SirChenjin Fri 14-Feb-20 17:01:21

I agree with Chewbacca - I’ve been asking GN for months to look into the reasons behind some posters not being able to see the OP and their own subsequent posts in different colours in the same way others amongst us can, but despite reminder emails there’s been silence from HQ.

I’d also like to know why we don’t have the option to hide whole threads like Mumsnet does - again, silence