Gransnet forums

Chat

Glasses which shape do you prefer

(18 Posts)
tanith Wed 18-Mar-20 07:15:34

I bought new varifocals last week from spec savers they are oblong rather than round problem is now do I go and collect them when they are ready? Not sure what to do.

Scarlettcole Wed 18-Mar-20 04:00:27

I wear cat eye glasses because my mother chose that frame for me, she told me that these glasses suit my personality. I like it because they look really stylish. I have tried a couple of sites to purchase online and recently ordered these glasses from Framesbuy.

Auntieflo Sat 15-Feb-20 09:05:09

I'm with Pantglas and Nonnasusie.

I have been putting off choosing new specs, as the last prescription was completely wrong. I went to a different optician! and have a new, altered prescription, but am biding my time.

Hetty58 Sat 15-Feb-20 07:52:34

I only need them for close work and reading so I just ask for the cheapest ones!

Juliet27 Sat 15-Feb-20 07:43:30

???

Calendargirl Sat 15-Feb-20 07:29:59

Any that help me not to look like a bad tempered, grouchy, miserable old granny! Had an ID photo taken for a visitor pass before a meeting, didn’t recognise this old hag with her glasses!!! Should have removed them for photo, but needed it to read the instructions!

rosecarmel Sat 15-Feb-20 03:50:34

Cats eye, wayfarer and round-

ginny Sat 15-Feb-20 00:25:23

I only have to wear glasses for reading and close work. I hate wearing them at all so I always choose the lightest and most inconspicuous ones.

annodomini Fri 14-Feb-20 22:59:11

I have always chosen slim frames and sort of oblong varifocal lenses with rounded corners. The most recent are titanium frames which are so tough that when I tripped on a kerb, the frame made a deep gash in my eyebrow. Mixed blessing! I have to have a test soon, so will choose something different but not too different!

Daisymae Fri 14-Feb-20 22:48:18

Specsavers came up with a good frame shape for me. Saved a lot of hassle.

nonnasusie Fri 14-Feb-20 19:46:48

Pantglas my thoughts exactly ??

MissAdventure Fri 14-Feb-20 19:34:08

smile Whatever I can see out of the best from Poundlands selection.

Pantglas2 Fri 14-Feb-20 16:46:04

Fizz in a flute obvs, then white in a small tulip, red = larger tulip and brandy in small balloon glasses......wink

Kittye Fri 14-Feb-20 16:43:35

NotTooOld that made me ? that’s what my husband would say !!

NotTooOld Fri 14-Feb-20 16:40:36

At Specsavers they take a photograph of your face and then the computer comes up with a style to suit you. Didn't work for me as the computer said I have a heart shaped face and I haven't, it's round. I'm just useless at choosing frames. I always ask the assistant what they think would suit me and then (according to DH) they recommend the most expensive ones. grin

BlueSky Fri 14-Feb-20 14:34:26

Round larger as they wear nowadays. As I wear glasses, fashion has gone from big colourful 'Deirdre' frames to tiny ones, and recently back to wider ones again!

blondenana Fri 14-Feb-20 11:54:59

I recently got some new glasses, but the shapes were all very similiar, not much to choose from
I had some lovely ones with white frames a few years ago, but never seen any since all boring colours

TrendyNannie6 Fri 14-Feb-20 11:43:06

Very recently purchased two new pairs, and had lots of fun trying on different shapes from John Lennon round ones to cats eye shapes, Square shapes.Oblong ones, ended up spending longer in the opticians than I anticipated, took friend with me, we must have tried half the entire store, but got some great ones in the end