Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Feb-20 06:09:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and with a bit of wind here in Brackley this morning.
Tempted to do my usual day bus trip to Buckingham and Bicester , but will see if changes occur between now and around 0830.
If not easy day at home .
Mick

Marydoll Sat 15-Feb-20 23:25:45

?Good night all!

Curlywhirly Sat 15-Feb-20 23:13:04

Shouldn't you lot be in bed?!! Just got in from having a meal at our friends' house, can't believe you are all still up! Hope you all get a good nights sleep. Night night.

Callistemon Sat 15-Feb-20 22:59:11

Please don't try climbing the stairs after smoking a spliff, annsixty!!

I shall worry about you now wink

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Feb-20 22:46:22

Sorry to hear you are in such pain ann I do hope they get your hip sorted soon. Could you have a stair lift fitted.

We have just discovered Montalbano so we are enjoying watching them right from the beginning.

Callistemon Sat 15-Feb-20 22:41:22

I see gilly suggested it first!!
I should RTT

Today I continued with a crochet blanket which kept my knees warm while I worked.

Callistemon Sat 15-Feb-20 22:38:55

Oh, annsixty , that was my mum's constant refrain: "we should have moved to a bungalow years ago"!

Now it's mine.
Can you put everything you need in a bag or basket and put it a few stairs up, then keep moving it upwards as you go ?iyswim?

Urmstongran Sat 15-Feb-20 22:12:50

Another here with a ‘nothing’ sort of evening. Can I join the club? Warm, safe and bored.

Any more left in that bottle BlueSapphire (she of the stylish hair)?

Actually just had a thought ... if we keep this going it’ll be ‘Sunday’ before we know it haha!

gillybob Sat 15-Feb-20 21:50:38

I never made it there either BlueSapphire (except in spirit that is).

I was thinking where would I rather be .....here alone, doings pathetic word games or knee deep in alpaca sh*t drinking real ale and eating home made bread ?

☹️

BlueSapphire Sat 15-Feb-20 21:41:49

Even though I am not at Mommawolf's as expected I have made do with a Cadburys creme egg and am enjoying a glass of raspberry vodka on ice.
Could not be bothered to cook tonight so had a Sainsburys Chinese curry, which was not at all bad.

gillybob Sat 15-Feb-20 21:40:42

It is hard going up once but two or three times is too much.

Oh Annsixty I have had to impose a strict “once you’re up you’re up, and one you’re down you’re down rude to DH”

We live in a 3 story house and getting up or down the stairs takes forever. I have taken to carrying everything up and down in a basket, getting DH settled for the day/night and that’s it . If it’s forgotten, it has to stay forgotten,

DH has been in bed most of today and only made it down stairs for about 40 minutes this afternoon . Tonight I’ve been reading and watching a bit TV in catch up such is my exciting life . I’ve been in bed playing word games on the iPad for the past hour.

I used to enjoy Saturdays.

Urmstongran Sat 15-Feb-20 21:01:31

Oh dear annsixty I do feel for you struggling up those stairs like that. I’d put on a pinny with a huge front pocket and put all my bits in there - spex, glasses, tablets, mobile phone - and carry up what else you can. Might save one of the trips at any rate?

Marydoll Sat 15-Feb-20 20:35:59

Night ann. I did think your post was funny and I'm sure Maw did too! grin
If you do manage to get some waccybaccy, please share it with your GM thread friends, I could do with some. wink Never mind those Kitcheners, they have plenty of cake to keep them happy!

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 20:32:55

Every sympathy Annsixty
I have tried Cannabis tea which I get from a local deli.
Have you tried it?
I hope you have a comfortable night and feel much better tomorrow flowers

annsixty Sat 15-Feb-20 20:28:25

Oh I apologise heartily.
I could do with waccybaccy or its oil derivatives.
By this time at night I am in such pain.
Both my lodgers are out for the night and the act of getting upstairs with all I need takes me so long on my own.
It is hard going up once but two or three times is too much.
How I wish we had moved years ago.
I should have insisted. ?
I am already in bed.

DoraMarr Sat 15-Feb-20 20:25:03

Yes, threads fall off the end of the “active” list when newer posts push them off.
More to the point, where is Rufus and his “good evening” post?

Marydoll Sat 15-Feb-20 19:51:56

ann there is a thread about the GM Saturday thread (and Sunday????) being missing.Of course, it isn't!
I think Maw may have read it! ?

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 19:50:58

You presumably missed this thread started this afternoon by Applegran

Applegran Sat 15-Feb-20 17:34:46
Good Morning to Mick and every one! I had just joined the Good Morning group of friendly posters - and today its not there! Or did I miss it? Any way - good wishes to everyone. Today in Somerset Storm Dennis is doing its thing - rain and wind - but we drove to see The Parasite, which won the oscar. It is indeed a very dark comedy!

to which my post was a reply Annsixty.
So no waccybaccy here!

annsixty Sat 15-Feb-20 19:44:05

Am I missing something, or have you been on the waccybaccy Maw?

DoraMarr Sat 15-Feb-20 19:43:59

Evening all! I’m not venturing out, so my partner will have to have Saturday night by himself.
The wind is very strong here in Birmingham and the concierge sent a text asking everyone to move all furniture off the balcony, which was a very wet and cold job!
Mind how you go!

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 18:51:10

Here you are!
“Good morning Sunday” will presumably appear in due course tomorrow!

Auntieflo Sat 15-Feb-20 13:34:54

Lasagne sounds good Mommawolf ?
Let's hope the alpacas appreciate all that is being done.
???

Mommawolf Sat 15-Feb-20 13:11:34

Hi sounds like it would be a great get together! It's raining now, looking out of the window I can see lots of ditches and very muddy men. Think it's time for the lunch bell. Hoping the storm holds off until the pipes are in place then just filling in and watching to see if it does the job. The evening meal is lasagne and real ale some home brewed by youngest son. Good job their wives don't drink!! The things we do for alpacas. Keep safe everyone.

annsixty Sat 15-Feb-20 13:08:37

Good afternoon all.
I do hope you all realise that when you get to * Mommawolf* you won’t be singing for your supper but you will be digging drainage ditches in the wind and rain.
No work, no food.
For that reason alone, count me out!!

Grammaretto Sat 15-Feb-20 12:57:50

Here's a late greeting from me Brunette hope you have a lovely day without the menacing wind.

cupcake sunshine

Mapleleaf Sat 15-Feb-20 12:20:02

That should read " bus load of us" ?