Gransnet forums

Chat

Caroline Flack Dead

(343 Posts)
tickingbird Sat 15-Feb-20 17:49:38

I have just read this online and I’m very shocked. I can’t say I know much about her but watched Love Island last year. I know she’s been charged with assaulting her boyfriend but he was standing by her.

I just think it’s very sad.

ananimous Mon 24-Feb-20 22:46:26

I'm in the camp that has done the least speculating on this thread.

"least"

(facepalm)

tickingbird Mon 24-Feb-20 21:31:23

I didn’t read about the friend saying anything - she was on tv talking about what happened and saying the truth would come out and that there was no lamp bashing.

There was an incident at her flat and you think that’s enough to label CF the neighbour from hell??? Is that all you need to make such a statement? You say it must have been hell living next door to such a violent person. You don't know this. You have let your imagination run riot and then stated repeatedly all these things as fact!! It’s sheer conjecture and seeing as the woman in question is recently dead and not even laid to rest yet it’s nasty and highly distateful.

notanan2 Mon 24-Feb-20 19:46:03

tickingbird why arent you picking up on all the REAL speculation posts on here, like
Addiction made her do it
Journalists made her do it
Her boyfriend made her do it
The CPS fiddled the system and swueezed it through somehow
And so on.
She was no risk to anyone and shouldnt have had bail conditions

There is SO much speculation on this thread and you are pulling me up for drawing it back to the bare bones of whats going on? Why? Go question some of the REAL speculation thats going on here.. including you posting that some "friend" of hers says it wasnt a violent attack at all so that MUST be true hmm

notanan2 Mon 24-Feb-20 19:38:46

Whethet HS "bragged" about it to his mates or not doesnt make it okay. He was barely legal! The interview I referred to (an INTERVIEW as opposed to a tabloid rehash) was about her saying that age gaps never matter!

You are the one reading trashy speculation if you think her buddy's opinion trumps the police and CPS.

Her addictions were brought up by others as a DEFENCE against DV. Let that sink in... I responded.

If you wouldnt find it hellish to live beside a violent neighbour and police turning up, that is subjective not speculative.

tickingbird Mon 24-Feb-20 18:50:26

You stated she was the neighbour from hell. Had addictions. Bashed her boyfriend with a lamp and was a serial abuser not to mention the references to her dating Harry Styles when he was a teenager. You have posted many times on this thread with statements of fact when it’s all been gleaned from tabloid gossip. I heard one of her friends on tv a few days ago saying this bashing her partner with a lamp is very wide of the mark. Strange that Harry Styles’ mum was one of the first to post a tribute to CF and if anyone had right to be judgemental regarding Harry’s relationship with CF it was her. She obviously had no problem with CF dating her son so why should anyone else? CF mentioned it on a family show you say? Shock. Horror. HS was above the age of consent and obviously loved the attention. I bet his mates were green with envy not to say their grans. Hmmm? ???

notanan2 Mon 24-Feb-20 17:48:41

I'm in the camp that has done the least speculating on this thread.. Ive just not speculated in the direction you lean to. You also havent specified where I have shared speculation rather than the bare bones of public record and CF quotes..

tickingbird Sat 22-Feb-20 21:57:54

Notanan2 You keep posting as if stating facts but still won’t say where you’re getting your information from.

tickingbird Sat 22-Feb-20 21:56:23

“Burst my sanctimonious little bubble.” Get over yourself.

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 21:54:12

So its #kind to speculate that CPS is wrong/got a personal grudge against celebs etc, that it was the boyfriend that was the abuser, that journos or booze made her do it etc...

But not okay to say that the facts of the case so far were pretty straight cut and CPS had a more solid case than they usually have. And not okay to say that the journalistic questioning of her breaking bale or being an un suitable person to host shows popular with families was public interest reporting not "unkindness"

Is that it?

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:38:57

Gossip:-
Casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.
"he became the subject of much local gossip"

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:37:12

It's gossip - all gossip on here. You'd like to think you are far, far above us, that I'm sure.

Sorry to burst your sanctimonious little bubble there, but if I were her rele's I would be insulted by any, and all posts.

I doubt they trawl through GN dross though.

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 18:31:59

What have I said that isnt public record or already out there in her own words?

tickingbird Sat 22-Feb-20 18:31:52

She hung herself a week ago. Please don’t include me in that ‘us’.

Gossiping about a woman that took her own life, in part due to such gossiping on sm, ranks pretty low in my opinion.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:02:34

She's just gossiping, like the rest of us...

tickingbird Sat 22-Feb-20 17:50:51

Notanan2 You still haven’t let us in on how you know all this information about CF. You’ve said stuff that, according to people that knew her well, isn’t true. I’d like to know how you know. Please share with us.

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 16:57:35

Ive been factual not emotional/judgemental

tickingbird Sat 22-Feb-20 16:22:06

Notanan you talk like someone who has inside info on CF. Pray tell. I hope it’s not gossip from ‘newspapers’. You seem to know an awful lot about Caroline Flack and her life and being very judgemental to boot.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 15:47:31

You seem legit.

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:42:13

She was a neighbour from hell who could turn on the charm.

I had a neighbour who liked to date "barely legals". Everyone thought he was disgusting. But he wasnt particularly attractive or charming so I guess thats different ?

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:41:33

Today.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:41:07

Not a lot of sense.

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:39:27

If she was a frump with a downturned mouth dating teens, having neighbour disputes, violent clashes with partners, drunk & disruptive, aggressive/destructive behaviour at police station, it would be different IMO

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:38:11

When you know, you know. You know?

notanan2 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:35:59

CF had a history of toxic relationships.

Why are people reaching so hard for some sort of outside cause in this particular case?
It was the boyfriend, it was the booze, it was the media.

Is it because people dont want to admit to themselves that they LIKED an abuser? (Or at least their street persona)
Is it because people want to believe they can "spot a wrong un a mile off"?

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:31:58

The relationshit was toxic.