Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Tue 18-Feb-20 06:08:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with a crescent moon again, looks dry out here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day for me I have an hospital appointment in Banbury as to Glaucoma ,and field teats.
Will return home if appointments go to plan and catch bus to Bicester to do usual shop etc.
MIck

Baggs Tue 18-Feb-20 17:11:17

Happy birthday, Kalu! Have a lovely evening ?

Willynilly Tue 18-Feb-20 15:11:09

Sorry Urmston I’m a bit late in responding so don’t know if you’ll read this. Yes having dogs certainly keeps us active....BUT I could do with the puppy being a little less active sometimes!

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Feb-20 14:21:26

Oh, Gilly that’s unbelievable! A letter to the CEO copied to the relevant departments? I would definitely be phoning and emailing two or three times a day. Be a pest!

Feelingmyage55 Tue 18-Feb-20 12:57:50

I know it is not morning but times flies when you are - clearing clutter and are in the mood to get stuck in. Therefore I hope you have all had a reasonable morning and marydoll you are the better for taking it easy. gillybob I am sure we all despair on your behalf and you are feeling it a thousand times more. Why don’t you phone back mid afternoon (so many people are on flexitime and it is half term) and check for progress. If I were you I would phone twice daily to push forward as although you should not HAVE to, it might be the only way. You are so close to the date that it is only two or three days more of pushing. The word frustrating does not cover it. Mumsnet have some great phrases but I just couldn’t type them or say them but I am certainly thinking them on your behalf. ? Maybe an email to confirm your phone call? Can you tell that I have had to do similar but not on your scale? Keep on keeping on and I should think that everyone on the good morning thread has everything crossed for you and your OH.
I am going to have lunch and go to the charity shop and the dump, very satisfying.

BladeAnnie Tue 18-Feb-20 12:31:56

Thsnk you Urmstongran, Dragonfly and Marydoll for your kind words x

Marydoll Tue 18-Feb-20 12:02:54

BladeAnnie, moan all you like! This is a supportive thread, where we all try to support one another.
I know that from experience. ?

ann678tifney Tue 18-Feb-20 11:37:17

Morning all from a sunny NE, hope it stays that way. Gillybob hope you get yourself out and your husbands op goes ahead. My husband has his pre-assessment yesterday for his eye operation, just waiting on date now. Kalu happy birthday, you share it with my eldest grandson who is 26 today, only seems like yesterday I was with them at hospital waiting on him being born, where does the time go, he is such a lovely young man, but them I am biased. Him and his girlfriend are foster parents, and have also just adopted a little girl they have had since she was a few weeks old. Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow for tea x

dragonfly46 Tue 18-Feb-20 11:29:29

BladeAnnie it is right what Urmston says. We are here for each other and it is not moaning to air your problems. If you prefer pop over to Soop's kitchen where you will find many a sympathetic ear.

SilverDarlings12 Tue 18-Feb-20 11:26:33

Happy Birthday KALU--May your LUM aye reek. Slainte +

Urmstongran Tue 18-Feb-20 11:00:43

Ah BladeAnnie we are good at ‘listening to woes’ here on Mick’s GM thread. Just look at some of the posts & the kindness in replies to them. You share if it helps - we care.
?

NannyJan53 Tue 18-Feb-20 10:59:44

Oh gilly words fail me, I am so annoyed on your behalf!

BladeAnnie flowers

Happy Birthday Kalu cupcake

BladeAnnie Tue 18-Feb-20 10:54:37

Good Morning all from a sunny and blustery mid-Notts. DOHs birthday yesterday so a lovely meal out - just as a couple so really nice. I seem to have a number of issues going on atm which I am finding quite difficult to work through - don't want to bore anyone or appear a "moaner" but I feel very mixed up and can't seem to get my head straight x

Urmstongran Tue 18-Feb-20 10:51:48

You are quite right about us talking about the weather in the U.K. Taichinan as it’s so variable! When I’m in Spain we don’t go around saying ‘it’s hot again isn’t it?’ Ha! Far too boring.

Which reminds me - hope you got your next flight out to Spain sorted Pantglas and that your husband is recovering well with more mobility after his recent hip op - I think it’s a week post op now or thereabouts?

Willynilly it’s good having a dog isn’t it? Good companionship and it does MAKE one go out for a walk, through necessity! #lazygran
?

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 18-Feb-20 10:40:56

A late Good morning from Northumberland, bright and sunny here. Plan is to take GD1 to beamish museum today to give DD and DN some ‘girl time’; GN is saying at her dad’s til tomorrow so GD has written a song to welcome her back. Desperately trying to get DP to hurry up, he’s getting distracted by Woman’s Hour. Hoping to see my friend tonight, we’ve known each other since school days; may have to take a candle as her elec was off the last time I spoke to her. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Tue 18-Feb-20 10:39:44

Left & right hands come to mind gillybob. What a good job you phoned up! Aargh!

Kalu Tue 18-Feb-20 10:13:39

Oh gilly I have just read your post. Words fail me. How can any hospital staff behave so negligently which results in a very ill patient feeling even worse due to their lack of care?

I sincerely hope things can only get better and the day comes when you can both put all this unnecessary upset behind you. X?

vena11 Tue 18-Feb-20 10:05:29

Good Morning all. A late start this morning, not sleep at night makes me sleep late.
Kula I hope you have a lovely birthday.
gillybob that is unbelievable ,I hope they get things sorted.
Marydoll take it easy.
I hope everyone else has a good day.

Kalu Tue 18-Feb-20 10:03:19

Thank you all for your birthday wishes??????. I will leave some birthday cake to share with you.

If I could still blush Marydoll I would be doing so after your comment. ?Thank you?

conor Tue 18-Feb-20 10:01:41

Oh Gillybob fingers crossed that everything will go to plan?xxx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Feb-20 09:43:49

Good morning Mick and all x

Haven’t read the posts I am on Granny duty will catch up later x

Willynilly Tue 18-Feb-20 09:40:46

Good morning all from a reasonable East Mids.
Gilly I’m so sorry for your troubles right now. I do hope things get much much better for you.
Kalu happy birthday to you, have a lovely day.
Normal day here, dogs to walk and jobs around the house to do.
Dora my OH comes from ‘round your way’ and loved your photo.

Have a good one folks x

Nortsat46 Tue 18-Feb-20 09:37:35

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Gillybob you are a woman of courage and strength and I salute you ... and wish you a better day, on all fronts.
Kalu Happy Birthday ??
Marydoll and Dragonfly these dreadful stories of the impact of the floods ... Then we hear some fool from the Environment Agency on the news, saying the flood defences are working well. A woman has died, fgs!

My physiotherapy appt was useful, if painful yesterday. Cortisone Clinic today, so hoping for some improvement.

Sending good thoughts to all, particularly those facing challenges. ?

EllanVannin Tue 18-Feb-20 09:37:31

Aww, Gillybob, it's not good enough is it ? I've never come across such incompetence in all my life and things like this sends my BP up to boiling point.
My tolerance levels are pretty low too when I hear of anyone going through difficulties and having to deal with gormless people.

Having worked in the NHS and been responsible for appointments etc. it used to make me furious when a consultant or surgeon cancelled on the last minute after I'd made the arrangements for consultations. I worked with a few gormless ones too and because I was a bit of a perfectionist, it drove me mad with their slap-dash ways----but guess what ? They were no less thought of !! :-o

Auntieflo Tue 18-Feb-20 09:37:17

Oh Gilly, sorry I missed your post. You teally couldn't make it up. Chin up my lovely, things have to get better.
If the GN army were mobilised , we could march and protest on tour behalf. Live and hugs to you both.

Auntieflo Tue 18-Feb-20 09:34:51

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all others, from a sunny and bright day here in Berks.
There are a lot more early birds on here recently, makes me feel a real slug-a-bed now!
Marydoll , please get better soonest, I hadn't realised how poorly you have been. flowers

I feel so sorry for all the people caught up in the dreadful floods. Luckily we don't live near any waterways. But I'm sure that when we first moved here, in 1968, that a local resident said she remembered walking to school across muddy fields, where our houses had been built.
Happy birthday Kalu, enjoy your day.
When I am up and properly dressed, I shall make some marmalade (Mamade), as we have been using bought stuff, and it's not the same.
Then this afternoon is volunteering, lovely.
Now, to think, what shall we have for dinner tonight? Does DH cook it while I am out? NO, he doesn't. I wish he would.
Thoughts are with the Gillybobs, as they count down for Mr G's hospital appointment.
Sending healing thoughts to all who are poorly.
Have a good day one and all.