Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Thu 20-Feb-20 06:08:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , dry but a little bit windy this morning in Brackley .
Usual day of housework , followed by buses to Buckingham and Bicester .
Wil have usual coffee breaks as well at my favourite cafes in both towns.
Mick

Cherrytree59 Mon 24-Feb-20 11:27:58

Good news gillybobs?

Must admit I was a trifle worried when I read that you had snow in the NE.

But I'm sure you would have commandeered a snow plough, to give the surgeon a lift to work.

Wishing you both better times ahead x

fatgran57 Fri 21-Feb-20 01:08:14

Glad to hear that Rufus2 is back Beechnut. Been missing his posts.

Auntieflo Thu 20-Feb-20 13:48:18

I am another who had to have the joke explained. ?
Oh well, I have been sat up in my sewing room. DH has just made a lovely sandwich for lunch, and I will have a couple of cups of tea, then return to my isolation, where I am making a lot of mess!
It has been absolutely chucking the rain down for an hour or so no going out later, and the washing will have to dry indoors.

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 13:33:06

We are Pantglas! Spain ... here we come (soon). Woohoo!
Beechnut so glad I’m not on my own there re the joke.
It was a good ‘un!

Beechnut Thu 20-Feb-20 13:13:42

Rufus is back. He’s been in hospital.

Beechnut Thu 20-Feb-20 12:39:52

I’ve got FL too Urmston and glad you worked out about the onions as I didn’t get it either. When all was revealed I did it funny Willynilly.

Pantglas2 Thu 20-Feb-20 12:35:06

Good news Urmstongran - now get those flights booked........grin

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 12:22:30

?

Willynilly Thu 20-Feb-20 12:09:10

Haha oh well, at least my attempt at humour wasn’t in vain Urmston smile

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 12:07:08

Oh god WillyNilly I’m so dim! I read your post about ‘onions to go with it’ and thought ‘what? With porridge?’ Then thought are onions helpful to eat to reduce the fat? FINALLY the penny dropped!!

Liver & onions ??

I’m so slow sometimes ....

Willynilly Thu 20-Feb-20 11:34:38

Morning Mick et al....just.

Hello to the newbies (not long a newbie myself), and flowers to all those in need of a cheer up.

Urmston, same here...I bought a large bag of onions to go with it grin. Anyway, I’ve made some changes and also on statins, so that helps a lot.

Marydoll you’ve set me off and I’m baking hot cross buns!

Have a good day one and all xx

Kalu Thu 20-Feb-20 11:33:43

A late good morning from a still soggy Glasgow.

A warm welcome to newbies.

Silly pair just setting up camp in an unknown area Mommawolf. Under Scottish law if someone crosses your land and are injured by any livestock it is at their own risk and you are not liable. Only dog attacks are the owner’s responsibility. Hope the same law applies for you?

DH ordered a new mattress which arrived yesterday. It’s one on those folded up in a box ones?. (Super king size)?
Who orders a huge jack-in-the-box mattress??

Any chance of those adorable GCs helping you with a clean up gilly??. On second thoughts, from experience, that only creates more work so, past caring is the way to go just now.
Everything still crossed for you both?

I was caught up in a traffic jam for over an hour yesterday, police and ambulance shooting about, blues and sirens. Fortunately I reached my slip road eventually and didn’t witness the accident. Torrential rain but still a lot of idiots speeding and others without sidelights on! Beggars belief.

Best wishes to those of you with struggles today, thinking of Lucky especially.

Hope all is ok with you Baggs and the pain has subsided enough to let you get on a bit better.

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 11:31:56

I am Marydoll! Just need to swap the toast with thick butter for porridge ...
?

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 11:30:44

and welcome to the newcomers to this amazing slice of life

What a lovely thing to sat GrannySomerset! So true too.

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 11:24:28

Urmstongran, you must be relieved. smile

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 20-Feb-20 11:21:22

Good morning from Northumberland, was bright first thing but now wet and weary looking. Good blow out walk yesterday from warkworth to alnmouth and back, with ‘little sis’, DB3, DP and two dogs. (Just a thought, is there an acronym for sister as S seems to be used for son). Went to a very nice cafe on the edge of Amble after. (Amble actually has two nice cafes, one at either end of the village and both with vintage shops attached to them. Just thought I’d mention it in case you’re ever passing). Back to London today so hope drive back will be as easy as the one up. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 11:15:31

Just to say- back from the doctor’s and making a coffee now. Apparently I have a fatty liver (like the rest of me then).

Advised to make lifestyle changes - less butter, brisk walks etc.
Thanks to all for the good wishes on here - much appreciated.
?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 20-Feb-20 11:14:14

Good morning from blue skies in north Scotland. Quite dazzling and unexpected. mommawolf. We have no campsites that take tents anymore, which is sad for people trying to holiday on a tight budget, so we often have trespassers. If only they would be honest and knock on the door, as some occasionally do, they could be directed to a safe spot, rather than trespass and be a risk to animals and themselves. Manners and respect. We also have a lot of camper vans that park just anywhere and leave rubbish which is a risk to animals. They just do not want to pay campsite fees. Oh dear, rant over, half term problems. Off to have my tea in the sun good wishes to all in the sickroom.

moggie Thu 20-Feb-20 10:50:26

flowers Applegran

moggie Thu 20-Feb-20 10:44:55

Welcome Dreamwanderer ?your return to the UK goes well.

Applegran Thu 20-Feb-20 10:35:57

Hello Mick and everyone and lots of good wishes to everyone, especially to those facing such awful challenges and pain. I am starting to cry today - am finally allowing myself to know more fully that one of my children is leaving the UK in a few weeks to live permanently hundreds and hundreds of miles away in another country - and taking two much much loved grandchildren, who I've been seeing regularly most of their lives. I will miss them - I will be deeply sad - and of course I will finally accept. But I'm not there yet.

EllanVannin Thu 20-Feb-20 10:32:40

Good Morning All x Lovely " newbies "too, Welcome. It's taken me over half an hour to read all the posts smile

Miserable day here on the Costa Mersey, blowy wet and it looks as though it's in for the day. I won't be going far that's for sure.
Imagine camping in this weather Mommawolf, sounds like they've absconded. Good on the goat. I'd have a gaggle of geese as guards meself hahaha.

Busy fiddling with the TV as programmes have changed their usual slots. We were warned of course. I'm bound to forget the station numbers so I'll just switch to menu if I want to watch something.

Hoping everyone's appointments/tests go well and to those who aren't so well and struggling, hope things improve.

ann678tifney Thu 20-Feb-20 10:31:06

Morning everyone from a now Wet NE, it was nice when I left for work but has now changed, as long as it stops for when I go home. Quiet day at work, boss has rang in sick, something he very rarely does. Had a phone call from DH when I got in from work I had forgotten to put his shoes on lol I knew I had forgotton to do something, daughter will have to put them on for him when she comes down. Had a lovely catch up with my eldest grandson last night and lovely seeing our great grandaughter, and all the other children at the party. Gillybob it sound like you have your hands full, its lovely to see them or have them overnight but lovely when they go home. We used to have the older grandchildren every Friday night they always took turns, but we don't have the room now for the younger ones to sleep over, which is a shame. Hopefully the Housing Association will get their fingers out and get us a 2 bed bungalow, but I am not holding my breath. Hope everyone has a good day, and that you get sorted Gillybob for your DH operation.

Nortsat46 Thu 20-Feb-20 10:01:38

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey east London.
Welcome Brook, Shelmiss and Newquay.

Mommawolf perhaps their experience engaging with a goat, in the early morning, will deter your ‘guests’ from ill-advised camping in the future. ?

Like others, I am so pleased that things went peacefully and well for Luckygirl. Sending good thoughts to Scribbles and Gillybob and all facing challenges today.

Have a good day ?

mary51 Thu 20-Feb-20 09:56:48

Good morning all from a wet wet wet South Wales. Wishing you all the best day you can, and hope the Gillybobs' hospital appointments tomorrow go smoothly.

Mommawolf's story reminded me of a time in the heatwave of 1976 when we were camping near Bodmin and woke in the morning to see a cow peeping through the gap in the front opening! We left quietly and slowly so that we didn't 'spook' them.

Best wishes to all.