Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Fri 21-Feb-20 06:07:16

Good morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside at the moment here in Brackley , my usual day of shopping, banking etc.
Intend to have a day in watching cycle racing later in the afternoon.
Mick

Shelmiss Fri 21-Feb-20 08:08:17

Good morning all from a (currently) dry North Manchester. Today I’m off volunteering at my local hospice, I only do one day a week so this is my third week although technically only my third day. They seem pleased to have me there as I’m an IT whizz so I help with all their admin etc.

When I started this post it wasn’t raining - it’s now pouring down. ?‍♀️

Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Fri 21-Feb-20 08:10:42

Good morning from another rather grey day in Birmingham.
Lunch for my daughter, partner, grandaughter and grandson, then my grandaughter and I are off to the Hippodrome to see the Birmingham Royal Ballet dance a short children’s introduction to Sawn Lake. She has been to puppet shows and music concerts, but this will be her first time at a ballet. I hope the rain holds off as we are going to go on the bus.
I hope everyone has as good a day as possible today, especially those with problems. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome for gillybobs. ?

NfkDumpling Fri 21-Feb-20 08:15:19

Morning All

Overcast and decidedly chilly in my bit of Norfolk.

DGS and his dog are staying a couple of days so my iPad has been taken over and my phone just lost my post.

After a very early start we're off swimming when DH surfaces and then a quick dog walk before it rains again. We all got soaked in a hail storm yesterday so aged dog is a bit stiff today. Hopefully a short walk will loosen his joints, I feel guilty taking back a limping dog.

Fingers crossed all goes well for the Gillybobs today.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 21-Feb-20 08:17:33

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is grey and overcast with a slight breeze here in SE Essex.

I am off to the gym this morning, then back home to "potter", we are going out to dinner tonight with some old friends lots of catching up!!

Hope DHs appointments go well gillybob and wishing all Goodmorningers a fabulous Friday, especially those who are poorly.

Willynilly Fri 21-Feb-20 08:23:34

Good morning Mick et al from a windy and cloudy East Mids.
Zumba for me this morning, then take the dogs out and stop off for a pub lunch (weather permitting).

I love the thought of a blind date for Smiler, so hope you find a suitable date for him Mommawolf.

Hope all goes well for Mr Gillybob, and for all those with troubles, I hope the day is kind to you x

Alygran Fri 21-Feb-20 08:33:54

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Dry so far but very windy again here.
I’m the only one up so far. DD2 and DGS are still asleep but will no doubt be down soon. Bacon sandwiches for DGS’s breakfast.
They head home this afternoon but first we must go to town for Betty’s Fat Rascals to send with them. According to Twitter they are an essential part of a diet!
Jazz Club for me this evening but after a full on week I should probably be putting my feet up.
Thinking of Gilly and her DH today. Hope the hospital visit goes well and the op is on track.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 21-Feb-20 08:37:57

Good morning from east London, dull and dry outside. Tennis session this morning, coach and play, and the dome is back up so we don’t have to worry about getting wet. I am in need of some exercise after the drive yesterday. Reasonable journey back from Northumberland, even managed the new junction arrangements between the A1 and A14 very smoothly. DP is playing squash tonight so I’m anticipating a nice quiet night in. Hope you have a good day.

dragonfly46 Fri 21-Feb-20 08:39:56

Good morning from murky Leicestershire.

Large Sainsbury shop today as DD and SiL coming for the weekend.

Hope the scan and pre-assessment go well today Gilly.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Feb-20 08:44:43

Fingers Xed for the Gillybobs today.
smileX X

Newquay Fri 21-Feb-20 08:53:41

Good wishes to all poorly folk today. Thanks for your welcome Urmstongran. Am now booked for MRI scan for persistent back ache. Had bloods and stool sample and Oneprozole-go back in 2 weeks; should have asked for endoscopy, Will do next time. Nausea is horrible isn’t it? Didn’t even have this when pregnant!

Curlywhirly Fri 21-Feb-20 08:55:11

Good morning from a dry, dull Cheshire. Up at 6.30am thanks to the dog, who is very greedy and wanted her breakfast. Now back in bed, watching TV, debating whether to get up, or stay for another hour! Himself has persuaded me to accompany him to watch a rugby match this evening; after watching him since he was 16 and watching our boys play for many years, I still haven't got a clue what's going on! Obviously, I am not a sports fan, whereas himself watches anything and everything sport related. I don't mind going occasionally, as some of our very good friends will be there and it's a chance to have a natter and a catch up. I will have to dig out the thermals though, as it is cold here today.

Here's hoping all goes well for the Gillybobs, and the operation goes ahead as planned on the 24th. Thinking of Scribbles and Luckygirl and all who are trying to cope with bereavement. Take care everyone and hope you all have a good day.

Greyduster Fri 21-Feb-20 08:57:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It has just started to rain in South Yorkshire and is set to be in for the day, yet again. I hope we manage to get out for a daily leg stretching session at some point. Life is of necessity very dull at the moment but there are those with much worse to put up with. Fingers crossed for Gilly and her DH, and kind thoughts to all who are struggling.

Anniebach Fri 21-Feb-20 08:59:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Trying to recall what a day without rain is like

Auntieflo Fri 21-Feb-20 09:00:21

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Yesterday we had lots and lots of rain, so all my washing had to be dried indoors. This morning it is windy and dry, at the moment.
I did some sewing yesterday, and made such a mess with all the cotton unpickings and bits of thread. I have come to the conclusion that sitting sewing for hours, is not good for my back. This morning it is complaining. Luckily all the mess I made, was contained in my sewing room, (little bedroom) but I did have to hoover it all up in the evening, and as I had the vacuum out, I did all the upstairs as well.
Now I just need to the downstairs.
DH is out this afternoon, so when I have dropped him off, my friend is coming so that we can have a lengthy catch up.
So shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.
Marydoll, glad to hear the Hot X Buns were good, but I can't make any until I get some yeast tomorrow, so must remember to write it on my reminder board,
?for the Gillybobs today. ?. Hope all goes well for them.

Have a good day one and all.

conor Fri 21-Feb-20 09:07:50

Good morning from an overcast day in Essex. Still recovering from day in London at Rainforest Cafe with DGS1. Think I was the "child" in there and got very excited with the moving animals and thunderstorms!!
Gravygranny I did persuade DGS that he wanted something in the gift shop?
Reflective day today as DH anniversary. 16 years and seems like yesterday and he is so missed. The family will get together this evening to remember him and raised a glass❤️
Have a good day everyone xxx

moggie Fri 21-Feb-20 09:22:44

Good morning Mick & all from windy, grey Nottingham.
Asda delivery & Zumba gold this morning.
Will Visit DD after, she’s in sick bay at moment.
Fingers crossed for gillybob & DH, hope today goes smoothly.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.

Kalu Fri 21-Feb-20 09:24:29

Good morning from a very stormy Glasgow.

DH made a very good choice with the mattress in a box. He did a Which search and chose an Eve Firm. Slept like a couple of logs and a less painful start to my day?

Yet another horrendous day and as I have no need to go out thankfully, I am staying indoors and will enjoy a day of faffing.
Something I am especially good at?

Some good news for you Marydoll A wise decision to wait until after DDs wedding for any changes to your treatment which I hope is of great benefit to you.

Stay safe all who will be out braving this weather and gilly, I hope today is a positive one for you and your DH?

Have a pleasant day if possible all.

GrannySomerset Fri 21-Feb-20 09:30:57

Grey but currently dry in North Somerset and we are not forecast the worst of the predicted rain; I feel so sorry for those who are, and have my fingers crossed for York, where we lived long ago and still love.

Trip up to the village this morning and a cup of coffee with friends. DH still dozing so will leave him be and get him up when I get back. No other plans, but two book groups next week and one book still not read so that’s my day spoken for.

Thinking especially of Gillybob and all she has to cope with, and hoping the news is positive.

BladeAnnie Fri 21-Feb-20 09:50:34

Good morning all from a very dull overcast mid-Notts. I hope everyone struggling or with worries have the best day possible x

harrigran Fri 21-Feb-20 09:53:46

A very late good morning from a blustery NE.
DH and I went out for lunch yesterday, they told us that the computer system was down so service would be slow.
It was interesting to watch the younger generation having to write down each item and add it up, something that was done in our heads whilst walking from table to till. Good for them
that they battled on and did not just close for the day ?
Thinking of the gillybobs today.

EllanVannin Fri 21-Feb-20 09:59:16

Good Morning All x.
Intermittently breezy and on the cool side this morning. We never seem to lose that breeze being near the sea. It's the strong ones I can't cope with as it takes me all my time to stay upright.

Local shop today as I need some lemons for pancake day. I don't bother or experiment with any other fillings as I'm all for tradition, a bit of a stick in the mud I suppose.

Thinking of those with appointments, hope all goes well for you all, Susan, Marydoll and the Gillybobs. xx No doubt I've missed a few by name but you're included.
Hope the day turns out well for everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 21-Feb-20 10:06:05

Good morning all,

It's sunshine and showers here at the moment and forecast to remain like this all day along with blustery winds.
Some shopping and banking to do later and maybe coffee with a friend if she's home.

I made some marmalade for the first time yesterday, and it seems ok - will give a proper verdict when I've sampled it. It could be a case of "never again"! ?

Pilates was good again yesterday, I can really feel it working the core muscles. It's the fastest hour of the day.

Thinking of gillybobs and her DH and hope all goes well today so the op can go ahead next week. A tense and worrying time for them.

To all feeling unwell, I hope today brings you some ease.

Take care, everyone.

ann678tifney Fri 21-Feb-20 10:29:57

Good morning to you all from a very windy NE, but at least its dry for now. Quiet day today for me and we are going out with some friends tonight, and meeting my sisters tomorrow which doesn't happen as often as we would like. Thinking of everyone who are unwell, and especially Gillybob, hope your assessment goes ok and your DH gets his operation on Monday.

Urmstongran Fri 21-Feb-20 10:32:46

Nibbling a couple of ginger biscuits helps Newquay.

Scentia Fri 21-Feb-20 10:53:56

Urmstongran
??
Beginning to wish I hadn’t started to be honest, I don’t work this hard at the factory. I asked my DH if we can get a cleaner and he said “we have one!!” Mmmm not sure if he means me or him but if it’s him, he is getting the sack???