Gransnet forums

Chat

I didn't say a word.

(33 Posts)
Mbra12 Sat 22-Feb-20 10:15:59

Sent my very mucky son up for a bath when he was about 6 or 7. He came down later telling me he had had it. When I pointed out that he still had dirty hands he explained that he hadn’t washed them. He tells me now that it was many years before he realised how I knew he hadn’t gotten in the bath.

polnan Sat 22-Feb-20 10:05:44

oh gosh I remember , before showers and daily or even twice daily baths

washing at the sink

I hated washing my neck,, don`t know why, but after a few days, my mom could see!!

ninathenana Fri 21-Feb-20 17:32:16

It is often said that people with ASD have a dislike for showering.
Sensory perception and all that.
However my son who has ASD is the opposite he can easily spend 30 mins in the shower and the foam coming out the pipe to the drain sometimes blows across the garden, as he's used so much product.
My oldest GS used to fake having a shower but now at nearly 11 he likes to smell nice.

V3ra Fri 21-Feb-20 15:36:03

My brother at 18 years old spent so long in the shower on my wedding day that I was pushed for time and the water was cold.
When I complained, he said he wanted to look nice for my wedding.
Err, yes... so did I!!!

ToniSH Fri 21-Feb-20 15:22:45

My son, when he was about 5) used to go into my large shower and then just plaster himself against the wall so that none of the water hit him at all. Took a few times of doing this before he was busted!

AGAA4 Fri 21-Feb-20 15:14:48

My grandson used to run the shower and read his comic. We knew he hadn't been in there as towel dry and and so was his very thick hair. 5 years later aged 16 he now spends ages in the bathroom using manly shower gels and shampoos.

Nannarose Fri 21-Feb-20 13:48:26

And we know it won't be long before he'll be spending hours in there!

travelsafar Fri 21-Feb-20 13:45:39

OUr 12yr old grandson has been staying this week. Today he was up early as being collected by amother family member for the day and night before going home tomorrow. He wanted to shower so i sorted the water temperature for him and left it to him. After he came out of the bathroom i went in about 15mins later to get my ablutions completed. I had to chuckle to myself. The shower curtain was dry, bathtowel still neatly folded on the side, no water anywhere on the floor and the bar of soap bone dry. All he had done was stick his head under the shower and washed his hair so he could re gel it. He had sprayed body spray on himself to make a nice smell too. There was no smell of toothpaste either or blobs of paste in the sink which i usually find when he has brushed his teeth. I just kept it to myself and thought
back to when we thought we had got away with something and how our parents probably knew, It really made me laugh later when told DH. smile