Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Feb-20 06:09:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry and windy here at the moment in Brackley , my usual routine, get bus to Buckingham, then onto Bicester vice versa , will have lunch on return to Buckingham , and hopefully there maybe a flea market on, as the weather tends to dictate stallholders , who are not using any shelter above stalls with there items .
Mick

SilverDarlings12 Sat 22-Feb-20 14:05:00

For you GILLY ---- +++++

Grammaretto Sat 22-Feb-20 13:30:51

my fingers are crossed too Gillybob it makes typing tricky
Sorry to hear about others being taken ill. Health is so precious.

NfkDumpling Sat 22-Feb-20 12:47:03

Great news Gilly. Fingers crossed for Monday and no emergencies coming in to cancel the op. After what Mr G has been through I’m not surprised he’s got a lump or two where there wasn’t one before. Hopefully it’ll subside on it’s own and he won’t have to go through all this angst again.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 22-Feb-20 12:09:59

A very late Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey and blustery here in SE Essex, I was also kept awake by the windy weather.

Gillybob I shall keep everything crossed for your husband.

Sorry to hear so many of our lovely Goodmorningers are poorly or have poorly family members.

Keep safe and have a restful weekend x

JenniferEccles Sat 22-Feb-20 11:32:14

That is wonderful news about your husband’s operation going ahead gillybob.
What a relief for you both but I am speechless that your family is still expecting you to run around after them despite everything else going on in your life.

Isn’t it time they rallied round after you for a change?

BladeAnnie Sat 22-Feb-20 10:48:02

Good morning everyone from a breezy mid-Notts. Awful wind during the night- really upsetting our old cat. He hates the wind and didn't know where to be,!! Marydoll I haven't had a creme egg for years - you've got me thinking I quite fancy one!! DOH and I are off to Sheffield to the football later and think today will call for lots of layers. Due to my restricted mobility it's sometimes a challenge but worth it when it's a good game. Hoping all our friends have a good day x

Mapleleaf Sat 22-Feb-20 10:40:44

Good morning all from a very windy South Yorkshire.
It disturbed me several times through the night. At least it’s bright at the moment.

Been out to do the supermarket shop so that’s out of the way.

Pittcity I’ve got the same problem just developed with my washing machine. It sounds like a jet engine taking off, so it’s looking like a new machine is needed. I’ve recently had the brushes changed in it as the door kept locking and now this, so it’s getting to the point where it’s more economical to replace rather than repair, I think.

Marydoll you must be exhausted and fed up. I hope they sort out your meds very soon.

Gillybobs I’ve got everything crossed for Monday, and hope the op goes ahead. It’s been far too long.

So many of our GN friends have got troubles and worries and I send you all my best wishes. ?

Kalu Sat 22-Feb-20 10:29:49

Good morning from a sunny Glasgow but I’m sure it’s just a teaser as yesterday’s stormy weather is due at some point.

Thank goodness you missed those floods Marydoll. Hope your meds. are sorted out soon. Just told DH about your crème egg breakfast, his reply was, good man, he excelled himself there! ?

Good news gilly. After you have seen to everyone else, have a restful weekend if you possibly can.

Plans to do some quick spray painting in the garage as it would be impossible in these high winds.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant weekend.

DoraMarr Sat 22-Feb-20 10:13:15

Good late morning from a cold, blustery but bright Birmingham. I’ve been lurking here waiting to hear from gillybob. Pleased to hear the operation can go ahead, although you won’t be settled, I guess, until your husband is out of post-op and on the ward. All good wishes for a speedy recovery after that, and you can have your husband back.
We didn’t go to the ballet yesterday as my grandaughter was ill, so her mummy came to take her home, despite her pleas to stay the night. She had some ominous spots around her mouth- hand, foot and mouth disease is doing the rounds. Big tidy up utter little visitors yesterday, then maybe a walk into Moseley ( although it is so cold and windy I will probably chicken out and drive.) I’m going to google “plants for a balcony” this afternoon, because I fancy a change. My geraniums have survived the winter and are now flowering, so they can stay, as can my strawberry plants and some others I have forgotten the name of. I fancy some scented plants for summer evenings outside with a book and a glass of wine.....

EllanVannin Sat 22-Feb-20 10:11:11

Blimey, by the time I've finished my post, there's another half dozen appeared.
My love, thoughts and best wishes go to the Gillybobs for Monday xx.

moggie Sat 22-Feb-20 10:00:54

Good morning Mick & all from windy, now dry Nottingham. It rained very heavily overnight.
Watch rugby later & I’ve started a new book.
Hope Minnie & smiler click mommawolf
Hope the deep heat helps Bluesapphire, I had pain relief gel from Docs when I fell it was better than over the counter one.
Thoughts withgillybob & her DH & all struggling with illness & worries.
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Feb-20 09:53:03

Good Morning All x
Those bloomin' gales again, all I was doing was nodding off as opposed to sleeping properly. Normally I can sleep through them but because of the headlines in my local paper yesterday I had half an eye open with every little noise.

Headlines read " Robbery gang target Wirral OAP's ". Apparently there are 5 men armed with a screwdriver and a knife. 3 houses were broken into on Tuesday.
It leaves you quite unsettled as the houses weren't a million miles away.
I have an emergency link so have a pendant to hand to press just in case.

I can't believe that Marydoll is still struggling/battling along while the medication is being sorted. It's been rather a long time suffering like that x
Thoughts to Dragonfly, Susan and the Gillybobs xx and those waiting for apps. and results. Sometimes this " age " business isn't so nice.

Take care in the weather and enjoy the day as best you can.

Urmstongran Sat 22-Feb-20 09:47:38

X posts with you harrigran you have a lot of worries over your dear family. Sending you a hug now. x

And gillybob WOOHOO ‼️ All systems go (hopefully). Hope you don’t get a phone call over the weekend. Tell your husband we are all rooting for him right now in the hope he gets his op and regains his weight, his strength and his life.
x

Marydoll Sat 22-Feb-20 09:37:14

I echo what NanKate says and Harri, so much to cope with. flowers

Auntieflo Sat 22-Feb-20 09:36:01

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all from a grey, wet and windy corner of Berks.
Coffee later with friends, then shopping, as I didn't go yesterday. Too busy catching up on all the news from my lovely friend, who has been quite poorly, but is now back on track.
BlueSapphire, commiserations about your sore ribs. Mine took at least 6 weeks to heal, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I love the stories fromMommawolf and her menagerie. Go Smiler and Minnie. Looking forward to seeing pictures of kids in the future.
Marydoll, you need a morning in bed, creme egg or not. Hope they get your meds sourced and sorted ASAP.
Fingers crossed that the Gillybobs had a successful day yesterday and fingers crossed that the 24th is still on track.
To all who are under the weather, sending healing vibes.
Have a good day one and all.

NanKate Sat 22-Feb-20 09:35:37

My prayers are with you Gilly and your DH that all goes ahead for Monday. ?

Urmstongran Sat 22-Feb-20 09:35:17

Over 30 posts to read before I could get started and it took me a good 20 minutes! I love reading all the posts on this great thread.

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s windy. Dryish now but boy did we have rain all through yesterday. The sun is doing its best to make an appearance though.

I love the fact that your husband thought to bring you a creme egg in bed Marydoll in case you were hungry - no wonder you love him! Sorry you’re feeling a bit blue cornergran and also whywhywhy (?) A superb post from you Mommawolf again. We all love your tales from the Norfolk farm! Hope the ‘Deep Heat’ does the trick BlueSapphire maybe the reassurance was what you really needed to hear?

Himself is already up and doing making his signature dish of chilli to which he adds mushrooms and red wine. I’m staying put in case I get shanghied into being sous chef.

We are off to see my stepfather this afternoon (taking a good bowl of said chilli for him). He has a bottle of Talisker malt whiskey that he was given for Christmas and as I wasn’t well over Christmas & NY he wants me to join him in a wee dram. The things I have to do hehe!
??

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. Thinking as always of the gillybob’s. x

gillybob Sat 22-Feb-20 09:26:15

Oh Harri so sorry to hear you have so much poorliness in your family right now . It’s really hard look after one person who is ill, without having the worry of others. flowers

gillybob Sat 22-Feb-20 09:23:29

Good morning from the NE coast where we have had another night of very high winds and driving rain . The rain has stopped for now but it is still very windy with severe weather warnings in place . I feel so very sorry for those who have been effected by the flooding.

Well yesterday was a long day as we were up at the crack of dawn and at the hospital in the city centre for 08.00 am where DH first underwent a series of scans and then had a VERY LONG pre-operative assessment. One of the scans threw up a strange lesion/lump in his trachea which they need to investigate but the doctor we saw said it could be damage caused by the ventilator tubes or even the tracheostomy itself .

We then had to wait an agonising length of time for the consultant anaesthetist to make the final decision about Monday’s op and whether DH was strong enough to have it .

In just over 4 months he has lost 3 stones in weight and has turned from a tall , fighting fit, hard working , clever engineer, into a poorly, stooped, grumpy, old man needing round the clock care. I am starting to wonder if he will ever be the man he once was?

Anyway, thankfully and perhaps seeing DH’s obvious pain and the fact that he needed to use the toilet about 20 times during our visit, she gave him the go ahead.....hurrah . I could’ve kissed her......a telephone call later in the day confirmed the operation on Monday morning. We need to be in hospital for 07.00am so we will probably just stay up all night , it will be far easier grin .......

It’s not over until it’s over though. He was told that he may still receive a telephone call over the weekend cancelling if anything crops up between then and now . I am just hoping and praying now and of course worried about this strange lump in his windpipe that we didn’t even know about . I just want to get over this weekend as best as possible .

I need to run a few errands today . DGD2 announced that she needs material and stuffing to make a cushion for next week at school and as usual the task has been left to me . Why such short notice though ? ? DDiL is away on a hen weekend and DS has his usual long list of jobs to do and the children’s usual weekend hobbies to attend to . I will also need to take my dad for a big shop today as didn’t get to take him yesterday . He hates a break in his routine but must be desperate as he agreed to go today.

Love the story about the miserable goat Mommawolf I do hope the lady goat puts a smile on his face . Fingers crossed for some little kids ? I do wish you would write a weekly blog . Your posts really cheer me up . smile

To all those suffering ill health including Marydoll (how do you stay so cheerful?) dragonfly and BlueSapphire after your nasty fall. I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you and all those feeling under the weather or just a bit sad, some much needed sunshine .

Forward into battle.......

Love Gillybob xx

harrigran Sat 22-Feb-20 09:22:34

Good morning from a blustery NE, it was a windy night but wore earplugs and did sleep.
DH spent yesterday working on GD's computer which is malfunctioning and was her Christmas gift. I caught up with some TV and crosswords.
My cousin, who has a brain tumour, has been told that it is very aggressive and she has decided against invasive treatment.
She has been discharged from hospital into the same nursing home as her DH who has Alzheimer's.
I had to ring my sister who lives abroad, she is caring for her DH with lung cancer, she was upset at the number of our family members very ill. We still haven't told her that DH has cancer too.
Sending best wishes to the gillybobs and others with worries.

Marydoll Sat 22-Feb-20 09:18:41

brook2704, Did you know that there is another Gransnetter in Inverness?
She comes down on the bus to the Glesca Grannies lunches, you should think about it.
We are a welcoming bunch.

brook2704 Sat 22-Feb-20 09:14:53

Good Morning everyone from a cold and snowy Inverness !
Bit of a later start for me as DGS stayed over and we’ve just done breakfast
Hope all the lovely GNetters have the best possible day and enjoy the weekend everyone ?

Nannytopsy Sat 22-Feb-20 09:07:16

It seems to be windy everywhere today. Just about to take the cat off to prison ( sorry, the cattery) before the grandog arrives but the little b....r won’t come down for breakfast. Guests arrive in about 2 hours and lots to be done.
I hope the day is kind to everyone

Pittcity Sat 22-Feb-20 09:06:24

Good morning from a grey, windy Colchester. The house was rattling all night because of the weather and now the washing machine has developed a foghorn noise...where did I put those earplugs?
DH will be loosening and tightening once the wash has finished so I'm preparing for bad language. Luckily we have a plumber coming to loosen/ replace the main stopcock tomorrow and can get him to correct DH's handiwork.

whywhywhy Sat 22-Feb-20 09:00:20

Good morning from a grey and windy Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering, sad or just plain fedup.
Xxx