Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Feb-20 06:13:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day some shredding to do, and general sort out.
The flea market at Buckingham was small , the stallholder I normally visit was not there.
With these floods effecting some of the country's scenic areas, like the Ribble upper area around the 3 peaks and its source, and damage else where what will these places be like for visitors later this year.
Mick

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 22:16:15

Hi angie95 not a million miles away from me!
?

Celendine Sun 23-Feb-20 21:47:10

Hi thanks as a newbie for the welcome .Urmstongran county Cork in the south of Ireland. Travelling tomorrow so hopefully train and buses not affected by floods

angie95 Sun 23-Feb-20 14:28:33

Good afternoon Mick and everyone, from a cold ,soggy Salford , two loads of washing done, and now I'm having a brew. Have a lovely day xx

annep1 Sun 23-Feb-20 12:57:10

Sorry about your little cat QuaintIrene
Good afternoon from County Antrim. Very cold and wet, trying to snow.
Collecting new clothes from M&S and hopefully a shory walk to get some much needed fresh air. Both have had virus this week..
Then painting (art) whilst husband watches rugby.
Thinking of Gillybobs.flowers
Wishing everyone a good day.

Mapleleaf Sun 23-Feb-20 12:52:11

Good afternoon from a very blustery South Yorkshire. It is, however, nice to see some blue sky and sunshine with it.?

Sorry to read about your little cat, QuaintIrene and send you a hug.

I do hope that annsixty does not leave GN. I don't know what has happened or which thread is involved, but I hope she knows that she has a lot of GN friends who would miss her posts if she left.

Thinking of you and your DH for tomorrow, gillybob and hope everything goes to plan.

I'm sorry you are feeling down today, whywhywhy and hope that you can draw some comfort from your GN friends.

Welcome to all the newbies today. ?

To all unwell, sad, worried or recovering from falls, take care and try to have a restful day today. ?

Ellylanes1 Sun 23-Feb-20 12:08:21

Everything crossed for the Gillybobs, hopefully this will be the turning point with good times ahead at long last.

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 11:39:20

Mick you little band of posters is growing quite substantially!
??

Taichinan Sun 23-Feb-20 11:34:15

Mommawolf, sounds as if spring HAS sprung - in your lower meadow! What a wonderful sight & did you feel a touch of the Wordsworths coming on? I feel rather guilty saying this, but it really is a beautiful March day here on the Angus coast - blue skies, white scudding cloudlets and sunshine. We've been so lucky weatherwise here, but then again this is probably our summer!

Didn't fall asleep 'til well after four last night, so a late start and a lazy day for me. I get a Mindful Chef meals box delivered each week - three meals for one, which makes six meals for me! Having Red Pesto Steak with warm Italian style salad today, which will be lovely. Left to my own devices I'd become very uninspired with my meals, but this is fun and I even enjoy the prepping! (And the eating of course!). And of course shopping and planning are done for you too.

Have a lovely day everyone and my thoughts are with those of you going through hard times just now ???

dragonfly46 Sun 23-Feb-20 11:27:27

Hallo Scribbles and all the newbies, it’s good to see you.

whywhywhy Sun 23-Feb-20 11:16:50

QuaintIrene - so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful cat. My beautiful little love died last November at the age of 20.5 years and it broke my heart. She was my little best friend and I miss her like mad. Take care and be kind to yourself.

Thank you Urmstongran - yes I am quite down today.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs - hope all goes well.

Best wishes to you all.

Ginny42 Sun 23-Feb-20 11:16:28

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm late this morning. I've been out all night! Not nearly so shocking as it may sound. I was out with my sister and her H last night as they were treating me to a meal. When we left the restaurant the weather was so bad she persuaded me not to drive home. The drive on the M56 this morning was bad enough in the daylight but now would you believe- there is some blue sky in Cheshire and the sun is trying very hard to come through. Must get my sunglasses out!

Wanted to say good luck to the gillybobs for tomorrow. You've been so brave, don't falter now! Sorry to read of your fall Susan and the loss of your precious pet Quaintirene. Very sad to hear of someone so gentle as Annesixty being upset. A gentle hug to all. flowers

Marydoll Sun 23-Feb-20 11:13:53

Good morning Scribbles, lovely to see you posting here!
I have been following your sad posts on another thread, often thinking about how traumatic things have been for you and your family and hope you find some peace. flowers.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 23-Feb-20 11:11:58

Good morning from east London, wet and dull early on, dry and dull now. Nothing planned for today apart from taking GD back home from her dad’s later on. Feel the need to stretch my legs today; most of yesterday’s steps came from going up and down a stepladder emptying the loft in the Southend house. The charity gig the choir sang at went really well last night, raised over £4,000 for the charity CALM. Hope you have a good day.

Scribbles Sun 23-Feb-20 11:05:17

Good morning from Lincs. I've never posted on this thread before although I have often read it.

I just had to send love and sympathy to QuaintIrene. You will miss your puss but she died peacefully at home, snuggled up beside her purrson. Most of us would wish for the same.flowers.

gillybob, all good wishes to you and, especially, Mr G for tomorrow. He's been through so much, he surely deserves something to go right. And you deserve a period of less stress so may all be well for you both. flowers.

moggie Sun 23-Feb-20 11:04:16

Just had a look on Wikipedia where Hérault is Grandmafrench looks lovely.

moggie Sun 23-Feb-20 10:55:57

Good morning Mick & all from windy, dry Nottingham.
Might get out for a walk later if it stays dry.
Sorry to hear about your little cat QuaintIreneflowers.
Welcome new posters
Have a lovely holiday Jan16.
?for gillybob & DH hope all goes well tomorrow.
Sorry to hear annsixty is upset, I hope she stays on GN.
Hope all not well or struggling with worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

mamaa Sun 23-Feb-20 10:47:57

Morning all. Don’t often post on this thread but do enjoy reading what every one is up to. Feeling quite accomplished this morning- partly because we’re having steak in the slow cooker for lunch/dinner today which is hardly any work to prep is it?
Like a few of you this weather has got me down but I realise that we’ve not had it as bad as some, and my heart goes out to those poor people.
Hopefully a relaxing film watching type of afternoon ahead or just reading- with a g+t in hand if all goes to plan!
Thinking of all those with worries whatever they might be and fingers crossed all goes well for the [gillybobs] and sending best wishes to all smile

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 10:42:49

Morning back to you Celendine ?
Where are you posting from? If you remind us every day, we soon get to place you and remember you better.
?

Marydoll Sun 23-Feb-20 10:32:25

A few Newbies this morning! Welcome all of you. smile

Celendine Sun 23-Feb-20 10:30:25

Morning everyone , just having a cup of tea. QuaintIrene sorry about little cat, sounds like a unique little one . Hoping the rain will ease as local river burst its banks.

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 10:28:43

Fabulous GrandmaFrench! Sounds amazing to live there!

Pittcity Sun 23-Feb-20 10:17:55

Good morning from a grey, windy but mild Colchester.
The plumber has been and loosened my stopcock and we are now preparing Sunday Roast for ten to celebrate DH's birthday, which is tomorrow. Much moving of furniture etc.
So I've just sat down with a cuppa.
So sad to hear about your cat Quaintirene. Sending much love to all of you and a special hug for Gillybob and Annsixty.

QuaintIrene Sun 23-Feb-20 10:14:20

Thank you so much for your kindness. It’s going to be a rotten day. Tomorrow I will remember the happy, funny times with my eccentric, lovely little cat. Big cat is looking for her. Big sobs.
Missed the upset about annsixty terrible that. I hope she comes back. I liked her her. ?

Grandmafrench Sun 23-Feb-20 10:11:21

Urmstongran. Morning. From Herault - on the Med’, where we see Flamingoes every day and I never take such an amazing sight for granted.......we’re all children who love mingos smile

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 09:53:32

Thanks for telling us about annesixty Marydoll. This isn’t the first time posters on GN have upset her. I hope she doesn’t leave. I like her posts. Goodness knows what was said, annesixty always seems a gentle soul - what must the meanies shot her down about? I will p.m. here and ask her not to leave. She is popular on here and perhaps staying amongst ‘^us lot^ might be a halfway house for her while she gathers her equilibrium. Poor woman. A sharp post cuts to the quick doesn’t it?

Where are you posting from GF? France I imagine if you have warm weather!

Yes, flamingoes are all the rage at the moment gillybob aren’t they? Our 3y old granddaughter was bought a cute soft one with dangly legs for her birthday - it’s pink (obvs) and she loves it. Calls it ‘mingo’. ! Didn’t someone from the crowd outside church give Princess Charlotte an inflatable one at the NY which she cuddled?