Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(7 Posts)
Megs36 Wed 26-Feb-20 12:03:38

???

Rufus2 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:15:19

Will you get the card from the Queen do you think
Hang about Megs! I'm hoping to last out until Charley ascends the throne, unless I get waylaid by a posse of hand-bag swinging ladies.! hmm Otherwise, avoiding dark alleys!
OoRoo

Missfoodlove Mon 24-Feb-20 19:13:32

Thought Bernard Manning was dead v

Beechnut Mon 24-Feb-20 19:09:57

Hello Rufus ?
I’ve just spent sometime with my brother talking and laughing about some childhood things.

rafichagran Mon 24-Feb-20 18:52:47

Good evening Rufus. Just got in from work. Going to have a uplifting alcoholic drink before dinner.

Megs36 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:54:00

Sorry still writing to you yesterday ??..
Will you get the card from the Queen do you think? Good luck.

Rufus2 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:06:24

My brain has been nearly emptied attending to other threads, so I'll have to resort to a joke as a filler, object if you like! hmm
"A woman in her 50's is at home happily jumping unclothed, on her bed and squealing with delight.
Her husband watches her for a while and asks, "Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look? What's the matter with you?
The woman continues to bounce on the bed and says I don't care what you think. I just came from having a mammogram and the doctor says not only am I healthy, but I have the breasts of an !8 year old!
Her husband replies, "And what did he say about your 55-year old ar*e hole?
Your name never came up!"

Glad to say things are improving. Jacqui and Kath (carer) came again today and all's well; able to ear-bash them with my hospital saga as they hadn't seen me since waving me off in the ambulance.
Realised I hadn't any refreshments in the cupboard, so it was off to the bottle-shop for a drop of Cabernet-Savignon and some "hat-lifter" stout; for medicinal purposes hmm and to toast my neurologist who I see next week!
This retirement lark is all go! confused
Bournemouth Michelle rang last evening to say nice holiday in Thailand and no hang-ups with the virus or quarantines. So that was good!
Btw Calli I don't live in a retirement complex. smile Still on my own in my own home (except when I'm in hosp.!) fiercely independent glad to be alive. grin
My doc. has "guaranteed" to get me to 100, but having visited some of these retirement complexes, I'm not sure that's a good idea. sad We shall see!
Just clicked into Tuesday!
OoRoo