Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Tuesday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:52:45

Running late due to activities elsewhere! grin
Funny how certain dates stick in the brain. Not the common ones such as Easter, Christmas or even anniversaries. They come predictably at regular times; I mean one-off personal events
OK, It's now Wednesday the 26th and the 74th anniversary of my call-up for National Service and my No. was 2300179. Dear oh dear! The unnecessary rubbish still engraved on my brain hmm
Unlike in Wales we have 3 bins for kerbside collection; Kitchen/food waste, glass/plastic packaging and grass/ prunings. The food one will go weekly as now, but it will require some thinking process rotating the others.
When I came home my garden waste bin has disappeared from the nature strip at the front! Fortunately the Council will replace it for free; interestingly Son No.1 in Brisbane told me their bins can be tracked with devices! hmmI suppose that could out inappropriate uses!
Hope every one is well!
OoRoo

Urmstongran Tue 25-Feb-20 13:58:46

Yes, I am thank you Rufus! Plenty of rain here in the Manchester area but we’ve booked flights to go back to Spain next week. Time for some ???
??

grannysue05 Tue 25-Feb-20 14:06:14

Oh Rufus don't start on about bins! The bane of our lives now is the new waste food caddy which has to be emptied into the green garden waste bin.

Black bin is for everything else except glass, paper and tins.

My DH is still struggling to remember what goes where so the cry in our house is "Oh the bins ... the bins! "

Glad that you appear to be feeling better.

rafichagran Tue 25-Feb-20 14:12:58

Goid evening Rufus just got back from a heavy meal. So full and tired.
Bins are the bane of my life too. Three big one's and a food waste one too.

threexnanny Tue 25-Feb-20 17:04:29

Only three bins? We have five here and there's talk of another one when more types of plastic are collected. No bin envy please!

Barmeyoldbat Tue 25-Feb-20 17:28:14

We have three, waste, recycle and food we refuse to pay for a bin to collect garden waste, £50 a year, as we compost it, burn it or take it a mile up the road to the tip.

Spent nearly all day just waiting for this blasted pain in my back to, why does it come at about 10.30, last nearly all day and gone at night. I just can't do much when I want, suppose the answer is to turn night into day. Oh well lets see what tomorrow brings on my brand new pain relief tablets. Have a happy evening all.