Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Wed 26-Feb-20 06:10:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but cold and maybe frosty out side with ice in places.
Yesterday whilst I was out , noticed the Blackthorn was well in blossom a sign of bad weather to come.
Anyway, had my pancakes as well , today I am having a bus meeting with a manager, who runs the new Brackley -Bicester link, and other residents where I live can have a voice as to its route etc and the service.
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 26-Feb-20 19:54:45

Nanight hulahoop hope you sleep soundly tonight.
Don’t let the bed bugs bite!
? ?

hulahoop Wed 26-Feb-20 19:51:49

Evening from west Yorks it's been a bright day but cold I am ready for bed only had a couple of hours last night due to cough forcast ?snow overnight ❄️☃

Scribbles Wed 26-Feb-20 12:09:18

Happy birthday ,Ann678 and enjoy your celebration meal.

Good wishes to Mr Gillybob and to everyone else feeling ill or sad or lonely.

It's currently cold but quite sunny in Lincs, a good day for walking without having to battle the wind, for once. I've been to check out a new boarding cattery that's opened just round the corner and booked Lucy in for when I have a long weekend away in May. It looks so comfortable that she may not want to come home!

CaroleAnne Wed 26-Feb-20 11:53:33

Good morning Michael and all who follow from a chilly and breezy Warminster. I have been out for my daily constitutional but am glad to be back.
Hoping that the Gillybobs and the Mr Gillybobs are recovering and feeling more comfortable today.
Good luck with the buses Michael. You are doing a great job.thanks

ann678tifney Wed 26-Feb-20 10:34:49

Morning everyone from a lovely bright but cold NE. Gillybob hope your DH gets home today, and feels better, hope you are feeling better as well. Having a meal out with some of the family tonight, celebrating my birthday "65" just another year to go and I can retire!! Looking forward to celebrating with all of my family when we go on holiday together in 2 weeks. Marydoll hope you fell better soon, and you do sound a bit down.

EllanVannin Wed 26-Feb-20 10:34:16

Good Morning All x
Breezy ( again ) and cold with it. Hailstones every now and again and the watery sun poking through, but, I don't intend going very far.

I enjoyed my pancakes yesterday and wondered to myself why I only have them once a year ? How daft is that ? Years ago I used to put savoury fillings in them, asparagus tips were my favourite as a snack or ham and cream cheese.

Step-D rang last night saying she had vertigo, which she gets occasionally so I told her to get some anti-sickness pills either from the chemist or her GP. It really gets her down and the last time she saw her GP about it he had her doing manoeuvres, which made her feel worse.
I felt sorry for her but her D is off today so will go and see her.

I hope all goes well for Dragonfly ,and Marydoll, bed's the best place in this cold so take it easy.
Gillybob will be back where she started when her DH is home, it's a farce from start to finish and something that could have been sorted over 6 months ago.I hope things go well for the home-coming xx

Anyone else who's troubled with illness or just troubled, may things improve. Keep warm.

Nannan2 Wed 26-Feb-20 10:31:33

Haha,annsixty,i say that when i go to drs! (About the sack& being shaken up)grin

Nannan2 Wed 26-Feb-20 10:28:31

Hi all- raining as usual in lancashire‐ thought id cheer myself a bit by joining MUMSNET- seeing as theyre often on here commenting on the grans?and as my youngest is still 16 (17 soon) im still entitled to! - also means i can enter their competitions,and who doesnt love something free?(i was a member a bit back but i think unsubscribed)anyway ill let you know how i get ongrinooh i feel like a spy in the camp.gringrin

Kalu Wed 26-Feb-20 10:26:40

Good morning from a sunny start in Glasgow. I mentioned to DH yesterday it won’t be long until the clocks change Urmstongran ??? Always a positive.

I will be collecting GDs from school later as DD1 is having new carpeting laid today. Together we chose a Berber carpet as from memory when we had this make it was a good hard wearing style..

So many on the GM thread now that by the time I post, although I have read everyone’s, I have forgotten bits. Short term memory really is becoming ridiculous now ?. So lovely to read everyone’s news and give support to those who are struggling.

Your post makes absolute sense BladeAnnie. I can empathise with you as after an accident 5 Years ago I felt exactly the same. I attempt things without thinking I just can’t do that anymore and my confidence was pretty shattered as I had to find who I was now. You are still in there and I hope all goes well for you tomorrow ?

Hope your day gets better as it goes on annsixty and hope you feel better soon Marydoll. I think this time of year puts many of us on a downer from time to time and throwing in any meds. to deal with doesn’t help.

Best wishes to all, gilly and Dragonfly especially.

Taichinan Wed 26-Feb-20 10:20:09

Good morning Mick and all from a bright and sunny (and very frosty) Angus coast. Is that a local saying about the blackthorn Mick? We have one about lingering snow, and yesterday's snow on the hills is still there. Oh dear. I've heard that it takes about two weeks for Spring to make its way from the south of the country to John O'Groats so I'm just content at the moment to watch the buds fattening. It looks as if there's going to be a great show of blossom on the rhododendrons and azalea. I have the first of my three tai chi classes for the week this evening. It's becoming quite popular round here - lovely gentle exercise. The Chinese say that if you take it up in your 60s you will have the Vitality of a 40-year-old by the time you are 80. I'll tell you next year! Sending love and peace to all ??

whywhywhy Wed 26-Feb-20 09:58:06

Good morning from a sunny, blustery but thankfully dry Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs. I think I would be tearing my hair out by now.

I just got up at 9.30am, didn't get much sleep last night. Feel rubbish today.

Love to all suffering today. X

BladeAnnie Wed 26-Feb-20 09:29:43

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. Very proud of DD who got the job yesterday - so will return from maternity leave as a band 6 nurse (sister) and I know she will do a brilliant job. I have a meeting with work tomorrow to discuss my long term absence - major surgery followed by sepsis. I'm not the person I was and know I won't be again but I'm finding it hard to let go of what I had. One hand wants to say I can't but the other hand says maybe - if that makes anyone sense. But starting to majorly stress about tomorrow! Feel better soon Marydoll and hope everyone has the best day possible x

annsixty Wed 26-Feb-20 09:18:54

Good morning all.
Felt I had to post today to commiserate with all feeling so down and unwell.

It is a feeling I am getting to know quite well.
As my M used to say, we all need putting in a sack and shaking up, that will sort us.

Very fond of telling people to snap out of she was, such a pity it doesn't work!!

I had only told a friend yesterday about the vivid and upsetting dreams I am having at the moment, no change in meds for me though.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Pittcity Wed 26-Feb-20 09:07:31

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold and dry, just as it should be, with no b*** wind or rain!
Wednesday coffee meetup in town this morning.
Much love to all and Mick we need buses, so keep up the pressure.

Nortsat46 Wed 26-Feb-20 09:03:37

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from east London, where it is sunny!

Our stray cat is much brighter this morning, so we may not need to take him to the vet. Because he is not used to being handled, my concern was the trauma for him of being in the cat carrier and then the car journey ... we’ll review as the day progresses.

My neighbour who knows I have been unwell for quite a protracted period arrived at our front door yesterday, with mithai (Indian sweets) and chocolate cake. Her nephew has been married and she is always very kind in sharing the treats. Also, as her family is much larger than ours, there are many more family occasions to celebrate. (I ate three mithai ...).

All good wishes to Marydoll and to Mr Gillybob for a better day. Good thoughts to all GNs, especially those facing challenges.

PS Nfkdumpling is there a coach party heading to the breeder with mommawolf for puppy cuddles? If so, please save a seat for me ??

Greyduster Wed 26-Feb-20 08:57:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire today but it is cold. I slept so badly last night that I feel like a limp rag this morning, so our intention to go out for the day is on hold for a bit, but it seems a shame to waste the day. Suck it and see for the moment. Kind thoughts to those who are ill or troubled. Have the best day you can.

Auntieflo Wed 26-Feb-20 08:55:52

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a rather grey skied Berks.
All this talk of puppies make me think how lovely and snuggly they are, and their distinctive puppy smell. Just gorgeous.
Did you all have pancakes yesterday? We did and very good they were, just wonder why I don't make them more often, but then they are a treat when we do.
Gillybob, fingers crossed for your DH and his 'output' and that he can come home ASAP.
I am hoping a parcel will be delivered today, as it's on it's way, according to the winged messenger. I have to stay in as I am expecting a phone call from the Dr. sometime today around lunch time.
Marydoll, flowers and hugs to you. You do sound a bit down, and that's not like you.
I bought a picture home from the charity shop yesterday, so will see what it looks like when I hang it. Also got a jigsaw to start. I haven't done one for years, but remember how addictive they are.
Just recently I have been having vivid dreams and not sleeping too well, so am wondering whether it could be the different statins that I am taking?

Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Wed 26-Feb-20 08:52:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

brook2704 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:46:21

Thanks urmstongran yes I’m so excited - I’ll be getting the Inverness to Luton flight then coach onto Cambridge. Surprisingly doesn’t take that long, I’ll be leaving home about 11 and be there for 5.30 ! ??

Buffybee Wed 26-Feb-20 08:30:32

Good morning all, we've had flurries of snow in the foothills of the Pennines just now.
I'm hoping we have no more as I have the dentist at 11 and then I'm going to drive over to St Helens, to pick up my new puppy
To say I'm excited, is an understatement!
Hope you perk up soon Marydoll flowers and MrGillybob gets well soon. flowers

gillybob Wed 26-Feb-20 08:27:44

Good morning from the NE coat where we have a beautiful, bright sunny start to Wednesday although it is very cold and frosty.

DH was feeling quite down last night and still in a lot of pain, but as he is in a room on his own they were happy for me to stay back for a while after visiting . It’s quite a drive to and from the hospital so it was late when I got home last night.

Up to when I eventually left he wasn’t able to pass water normally and there was talk of putting a catheter back in place, something he absolutely doesn’t want and even the consultant said to avoid as it could be another possible source of infection. Will see what today brings .

I do like those coatigan’s Marydoll although I did get that “tan, curly, woolly, lamb thingy” from M&S at the end of last year and haven’t really had chance to wear it . Mine’s a touch heavier than a coatigan but lighter than a proper coat confused

I can just imagine those lovely warm and cuddly puppies Mommawolf . How in earth do you choose just one ? Or do they choose you?

Good luck with your scan and bloods today dragonfly I hope the results are positive as we really need some good news around here don’t we ?

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and that those feeling poorly, sad or a touch under the weather have some much needed sunshine in their lives soon .

Thank you all again for your good wishes, you are all truly wonderful .

Love Gillybob xx

Alygran Wed 26-Feb-20 08:25:56

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is shining and there is a little bit of frost about. The fields still have standing water. I feel so sorry for those whose homes and livelihoods are damaged by the flooding.
Marydoll take good care of yourself. This winter is certainly taking a toll.
I’m off to meet friends for lunch before we attend a research seminar at the local University where we all worked. It’s nice to catch up and see some of the young academics we knew at the start of their careers doing well.
Thinking of those on the sick list.
Hope today is kind to you all.

harrigran Wed 26-Feb-20 08:25:36

Good morning from a bright and frosty NE.
I am expecting a parcel today so shall stay at home, DH will probably go to a meet up with old work colleagues.
Thinking of the gillybobs and take care Marydoll.

Nannytopsy Wed 26-Feb-20 08:13:32

Morning Mick and all his followers. Beautiful day here in Suffolk so far and the forecast is good so we are off out to the coast.
I do hope those who are unwell start to see the benefits of Spring very soon.
I hope today is kind to everyone.

Susan56 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:11:07

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where the rain has stopped for the moment?
I had a lovely day at Cheshire Oaks yesterday and got quite a few things as did DD.
An ex colleague is coming for coffee this morning so we will no doubt put the world to rights.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on Mary and that the hospital appointments go well for you and your friend dragonfly.
Gilly,hope your DH can come home today,sending love and prayers to you both.x
Have a good day everyone.