Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Thu 27-Feb-20 06:08:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but the ground is wet with what looks like sleet/snow coming down but not settling.
Hopefully my usual day on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester which makes me feel relaxed when I return home later.
Mick

Auntieflo Thu 27-Feb-20 22:42:47

Oh Mommawolf, she is adorable. Thanks for the picture.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 27-Feb-20 20:56:14

mommawolf a big thank you from me too.

Mapleleaf Thu 27-Feb-20 15:06:17

Your puppy is so sweet, Mommawolf. Thank you for posting a picture.

Grammaretto Thu 27-Feb-20 14:58:01

Thanks Mommawolf. Your pup is adorable!

Urmstongran Thu 27-Feb-20 14:26:04

Molly is adorable! So cute!

Scentia Thu 27-Feb-20 14:02:33

Thanks Mommawolf. She is adorable.

Llamedos13 Thu 27-Feb-20 13:50:44

Mommawolf, what a beautiful wee puppy, I’m jealous.

ann678tifney Thu 27-Feb-20 13:30:39

Good afternoon all, sorry I am a bit late but I am at work, and have been out for lunch with my daughter and her family. I had a lovely surprise last night. Went out to tea to find most of the family had turned up for my birthday, including all of my greatgrandchildren, which was lovely so was very spoilt, by them all. Gillybob sorry to hear your DH still having problems, hope things improve soon, and that everyone else who aren't feeling very well, improve soon.

whywhywhy Thu 27-Feb-20 13:05:38

Mommawolf, Molly is beautiful. Please give her a hug from me.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs and all suffering, depressed or fedup.
X

Mommawolf Thu 27-Feb-20 13:02:34

Hi I'm molly and I have a new home on the farm I even get to chase sheep when I get bigger. Sending lots of cuddles to all of you.

Legs55 Thu 27-Feb-20 12:19:09

Good morning 0ops afternoonblush. Sunny but very windy here in Devon. I've been out shopping this morning but got home & realised there are a couple of things I forgotten to get so I'll have to go out againhmm

Too cold to do any more tidying up in the garden so I'll have to resort to houseworkgrin I need to do some ironing but no-where to put ironing board upconfused.

Can't wait until they can come & put my new roof on, need 2 clear,fine days so no chance at the moment. Leak in bedroom & now in Lounge. I've got lots of mould which is affecting my health as I'm allergic to mould spores, anti-histamines are helping a bit

Blue skies & sunshine are lifting my spirits but grey clouds keep scudding across the sky, will we get snow? On Dartmoor probably but the snowline is about a mile from where I live so I normally escape the worst of the weather except Town flooded a during Storm Dennis & was on the Newsgrin

farview Thu 27-Feb-20 12:08:46

...just a quick Good morning from Lancashire (by rights should be Manchester) I love Manchester..but think of myself still as a Lancashire lass despite boundaries changing..
Healing thoughts to all of you in need....reading the GN posts helps put things in perspective...that am not the only one with stress in abundance...people on here with far more sadness/health issues...try to take some happiness out of your day though..?

Namsnanny Thu 27-Feb-20 11:23:59

Urmstongran .. very sorry to hear about your friend. I've had a bad few weeks with people unexpectedly dying. Especially one who wanted us all to 'not worry' so led us to believe they were on the mend sad flowers

Weather cold wet blustery, but sunny with blue sky in between.

hoping for the best for everyone

Urmstongran Thu 27-Feb-20 11:08:05

Thank you Roses. Kind of you. Where do you join us from and what’s your weather like?
?

Scentia Thu 27-Feb-20 11:02:13

Mommawolf I think we all need a little picture of the puppy, you know, just to make us smile!! There is a lot of weary posts today.xx

Auntieflo Thu 27-Feb-20 10:57:23

Oh Annie, I have only just read your post, and didn't realise that you were feeling so down. Lots of support and best wishes for you here from your friends at GN.
Maybe if you get some physio, it will make things a bit easier, and new windows and doors will be a good thing. Once the upheaval is done and dusted.
I remember you said that you haven't been flooded, but some of your street has. Are you still alright? Hope someone will call and make sure that you have enough supplies in during this bad weather.
Sending love and hugs. Take care.

lavenderzen Thu 27-Feb-20 10:36:13

Snow everywhere and very cold.

Annie So sorry to hear you are struggling. Sending (((hugs)) flowers

Take care everyone especially poorly ones and those with worries.

Roses Thu 27-Feb-20 10:33:41

Good morning everyone . Urmstongran I'm sorry about your friend, I dread the day that anything happens to my closest friend. Treasure your memories x

Grandmafrench Thu 27-Feb-20 10:25:57

Morning everyone. After lots of chat and lunch with friends yesterday, got home to a shower (from blue skies) a huge rainbow and then knock-you-flat winds off the mountains! Forecast good for later today and getting warmer. So....cleaning, ironing, then wood burner will be lit and film will be watched. Animals then jostle for front row seats but peace reigns eventually. Big internet hugs to all of you struggling, esp., with illness. Life can be really hard, so if you can let others help and share your load - do that? Wishing you decent days, better health and sunshine in your lives, especially anniebach gillybobs dragonfly and bluesapphire flowers flowers flowers flowers

Kalu Thu 27-Feb-20 10:20:02

Good morning all from a sunny, snowy Glasgow. Thankfully just a fine blanket which doesn’t affect getting out and about.

I have been sneezing quite a bit this morning and just hoping it’s not the bug so many of us suffered coming back again?

Oh I do envy you having a new puppy in the house Mommawolf. We both miss having a dog around but I compensate by having a cuddle with any dog who wants one.

Hope everything goes well for you both today Dragonfly
It must be a worrying time for you.
Strong healing vibes for your DH gilly and having a catheter again doesn’t add any more problems.
A trip to the hairdresser is quite therapeutic Marydoll. A good blether and I always feel a bit more presentable again. Enjoy your outing.

Best wishes to those I have missed as you deal with illness and struggles.
Have a pleasant day all

Megs36 Thu 27-Feb-20 10:18:42

Gilly sorry about your husband, mine had a catheter last year after hospital stay ( I have mentioned before) for quite some time, got to say it was necessary as he couldn’t ‘go’ , I think he worried it would be permanent but after a while it was removed and fairly normal now. Hope this is the same for yours.
Best of luck Dragonfly, you sound so brave.

EllanVannin Thu 27-Feb-20 10:15:03

PS, it's clouded over since writing that post sad Cold enough for a sprinkling of snow.

I remember it nearly always snowing on Pancake day as mum used to add snow to the mixture----to lighten it ?

EllanVannin Thu 27-Feb-20 10:10:46

Good Morning All x
After some menacing looking clouds earlier it's now beautifully sunny with the bluest of skies----lifts the spirits !

Washing dried yesterday which I was pleased about as it was a jumpers and trousers wash which are always better dried outside, just airing on the maiden now.

Thinking of Urmstongran and her friend, knowing what it's like myself sad
Thoughts to Dragonfly at this time too and I hope all goes well for you and your DH.
I'm sure a visit to the hairdressers will give Marydoll a much needed lift, as good a tonic as any so enjoy.

And so it goes on with the poor Gillybobs the only consolation being----if you can call it such, is that Mr G won't be up and down struggling for the bathroom. I do sympathise with the situation xx

Others facing procedures or appointments I hope all goes well for you. x
Take it easy if you have snow/ice or are near those devastating floods ( I'd be beside myself ) Keep warm.

Annie, I hope they're not thinking about replacing windows in this weather. Take some deep breaths if you're feeling anxious. x

Scribbles Thu 27-Feb-20 10:04:02

The sun is now shining brightly on my bit of Lincs following a grey and sleety start. Daughter just phoned to say they have lying snow where she works in rural south Essex.

Sending good wishes to all the unwell and/or unhappy and a hug for Anniebach. Now I must stir myself and go for a shower and make a proper effort to start the day.

BladeAnnie Thu 27-Feb-20 09:54:59

Good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. I'm really rushing around to get ready for my work meeting later this morning. Wishing everyone a good day x