Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 27-Feb-20 13:05:03

Here we go again! Second time lucky?
Cool 19C today, no rain. Terrible summer ends officially Sunday 1 Mar.
Hope you didn't get caught in the crossfire of the AIBU stoush! Someone raised the hoary old question of "thread within a thread", which I take to be reporting code to HQ to delete this thread, so I've taken the precaution of printing it to read in the"quiet room" grin
Of course this means using a higher quality paper compared to ordinary grade' but enhances the experience before disposing it "thoughtfully" or "responsibly" whichever your PC crowd use!
The AIBU doesn't fit the "soft, gentle" definition required by some, but so what, I say! It's lively and good for a laugh! grin
On the subject of thread deletions, I was on air a few moments ago repeating my requests to HQ to publish the relevant "guideline" that caused a deletion, so that we can understand why, instead of having to email HQ each time.
Some good news with Man. City beating Real, away. I think they deserve a "lift" and I hope any appeal succeeds
Is "The East Enders" a new series? Is Jo Joyner still there? She's the spitting image (pardon the expression wink) of my nurse Jacqui; ( you can see why I'm in no hurry to get better; otherwise no further home visits! )
I liked her in "Shakespeare & " as Luella! That series has finished, but I hope more are in the pipeline.
Gee Whizz! It's nearly Friday again. That's a fortnight since I was took to hospital! shock
Just got back with my late night cuppa and thread still open, but I think it's best to "create conversation" whilst still in front!
OoRoo

Namsnanny Thu 27-Feb-20 18:54:46

Well Rufus, my head is in a spin with GN, as threads and posts are constantly being deleted and I end up being frustrated not knowing the why or wherefore!
So I've missed out on another then? Oh well.

Enjoy your tea (or is it stronger?)

Teetime Thu 27-Feb-20 19:07:44

I always miss the fun stuff - Good evening all- 2 glasses of wine in and staring on the chocolate.

rafichagran Thu 27-Feb-20 21:06:43

Good Evening Rufus late coming to the thread as busy today. Just settled down with some Baileys. Night

BlueSapphire Thu 27-Feb-20 21:47:26

And I am on a large Cointreau, so your post Rufus, make perfect sense to me.......

Squiffy Thu 27-Feb-20 22:05:00

And I’m on tea!! I’ve missed all the fun on GN again! ?